What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup Rd 8

1. Zac Cini
2. Allan Fitzgibbon
3. Reece Hoffman
4. Michael Chee Kam
5. Kiah Cooper
6. Billy Walters
7. Jock Madden
8. Tom Amone
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Tom Freebairn
11. Shawn Blore
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Tuki Simpkins

Interchange:
14. Zach Dockar Clay
16. Austin Dias
17. Junior Pauga
19. Joseph Taipari

Ned Kelly

Juniors
1. Zac Cini
2. Allan Fitzgibbon
3. Reece Hoffman
4. Michael Chee Kam
5. Kiah Cooper
6. Billy Walters
7. Jock Madden
8. Tom Amone
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Tom Freebairn
11. Shawn Blore
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Tuki Simpkins

Interchange:
14. Zach Dockar Clay
16. Austin Dias
17. Junior Pauga
19. Joseph Taipari

Looking Good. The Magpies give me something to look forward to each weekend. Have a good one boys

Tigerm

First Grade
Does anyone know if the Mighty Magpies will be live on Kayo this weekend?
Kayo is showing a few NSW cup games, but it doesn’t mention us, so doesn’t look likely?
Foxtel may have it though but I don’t have it.

30 -28 win, just got there.

5 tries each.
  • Jacob Liddle 35'
  • Jacob Liddle 54'
  • Zach Dockar-Clay 62'
  • Allan Fitzgibbon 67'
  • Jacob Liddle 71'
Liddle 3 tries and a conversion, good for him.

sounds like a good defensive game, not.

5 tries each.
  • Jacob Liddle 35'
  • Jacob Liddle 54'
  • Zach Dockar-Clay 62'
  • Allan Fitzgibbon 67'
  • Jacob Liddle 71'

macnaz

Staff member
Liddle FAR to good for reserve grade :(
He will go on to be a star at another club to add to the list for the media to shit on us about players we have lost.

macnaz

Staff member
Simkin isnt bad , but he isnt at Liddle's level , not even close.

Maxxn99

Juniors
Wasn
Liddle FAR to good for reserve grade :(
He will go on to be a star at another club to add to the list for the media to shit on us about players we have lost.
Wasn’t real happy with Simpkin’s service early today. But it’s a real tough one weather Liddle deserves his chance back in first grade. I for one think it would be a good choice for him to be included on the bench at the least.

macnaz

Staff member
Simple question i guess is what does Simkin offer over Liddle ?
The 80min thing is a myth as he plays 80mins in State Cup but the only difference is he doesnt have an over paid Moses Imbo on the bench that the club feels the need to give game time thus forcing Liddle off.

Magpies sneak home in sixth consecutive win

Mitchell Farrugia

In a match separated only by goal kicking, the Western Suburbs Magpies have narrowly defeated the Dragons at WIN Stadium 30-28.

It was the Dragons who struck first as the Magpies failed to deal with an attacking kick. Second-rower Shalom O’ofou was able to scoop up the loose ball to score the first points of the match in the seventh minute.

The Dragons looked to score for a second time, but the ball was dropped cold over the line by Jackson Ford.

They were able to double their early lead moments later through a darting play close to the line. Half Tyran Wishart sliced through to score untouched under the posts, pushing the Dragons lead out to 12 points.

On the stroke of halftime, the Magpies kept their chances alive. Reece Hoffman barged his way over the Dragons’ defence to get Wests on the board. Jock Madden was successful with his first goal attempt.

As the teams headed into the sheds it was the Dragons with the slight advantage, leading 12-6.

The Red V ran out for the second half firing. With a smart set play, the Dragons charged through some soft Magpies defence as fullback Tony Pellow planted the ball to the left of the uprights.

Wests continued to fight on, forcing an error the set after conceding. Musgrove threatened close to the line, but the ball was put down on the ensuing play.

The Dragons made them pay. After marching the ball upfield, repeat sets tired the Magpies' defence. It was Mathew Feagai who darted over following some slick passing.

Trailing by 18 points, the Magpies were able to keep the door ajar. Hooker Jacob Liddle scored under the posts from dummy-half. The try set up a blockbuster finish with 20 minutes remaining.

Jock Madden continued to force repeat sets for Wests through his short kicking game. The pressure paid off as Zach Dockar-Clay was fed into a hole to score untouched, narrowing the Dragons' lead to just six points.

They continued to fly home as speedster Allan Fitzgibbon juggled the ball before placing it in the right-hand corner. Jock Madden maintained his perfect record with the boot to draw the game level at 24-all.

Jacob Liddle caught the Dragons napping again close to the line, eerily similar to his first as the Magpies took the lead for the first time.

It was a nervy final five minutes with the match on a knife's edge. The resilient Magpies were able to hold on, despite the Dragons scoring in the final minute of the match. Only a miss-hit conversion attempt separated the sides as Wests recorded their sixth consecutive win, defeating the Dragons 30-28.

5 tries each.
  • Jacob Liddle 35'
  • Jacob Liddle 54'
  • Zach Dockar-Clay 62'
  • Allan Fitzgibbon 67'
  • Jacob Liddle 71'

correction

• Reece Hoffman 34'
  • Jacob Liddle 54'
  • Zach Dockar-Clay 62'
  • Allan Fitzgibbon 67'
  • Jacob Liddle 71'
Liddle 2 tries, 80 minutes.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Simple question i guess is what does Simkin offer over Liddle ?
The 80min thing is a myth as he plays 80mins in State Cup but the only difference is he doesnt have an over paid Moses Imbo on the bench that the club feels the need to give game time thus forcing Liddle off.

I think Liddle is clearly quicker around the ruck but maybe not as good in defence.

Split hair between them at this stage I think

macnaz

Staff member
Liddle is not only physically quicker he is also light years quicker between the ears.
With a team devoid of direction in attack we need every bit of football brain on the field to compensate for Brookes and AD

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd prefer to start seeing Liddle or Simpkin on the bench over Mbye

It's pretty clear that we need both of them in the top team but Liddle is right now I think a better player.

Mbye gets the centre role or fill in where we have injuries. I'd even have Simpkin and Mbye on the bench and drop Tamou or Twal.

Latest posts