What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup side?

Noa

First Grade
Chase played OK on Saturday, did go off for about 30min with an ankle concern but come back on to score 2 tries including an 80m effort. Certainly I dont think he would have butchered that chance on Sunday, Duff could have had a hat-trick. Would be harsh on dane though to get dropped as has been solid but I think wing is his best spot so who do you leave out.

Bman26

Juniors
Chase played OK on Saturday, did go off for about 30min with an ankle concern but come back on to score 2 tries including an 80m effort. Certainly I dont think he would have butchered that chance on Sunday, Duff could have had a hat-trick. Would be harsh on dane though to get dropped as has been solid but I think wing is his best spot so who do you leave out.

Quinn for his inability to ground the ball. Twice he fumbled a ball close to the ground and the one where he was pushed into touch I would guess most wingers would be athletic enough to get that down, he should be in the forwards now, not a winger.

Noa

First Grade
Anthony Quinn – suffered a ligament avulsion (torn from the bone) in Sunday’s game. Thus requires surgical re-attachment and he will unfortunately miss 4 weeks

Noa

First Grade
Melbourne Storm 36
Tries: M Seve 2, J Hitchcox 2, J Bromwich, D ORegan, J Woolford
Conversions: D Chisholm 4
Penalties:
Drop Goals:

Western Suburbs Magpies 18
Tries: R Pritchard 2, J Davis
Conversions: C Corby 3
Penalties:
Drop Goals:

Noa

First Grade
Just a reminder that the game agaisnt Wests should be on foxtel today around 5-5:30.

Noa

First Grade
False alarm

#&$^$^%** sorry peeps, not on TV, you can watch it on the website though sans commentary.

nqcowboy87

Bench
widdops been named for the gb side, probably the first player to be picked from reggies for international duty since olsen filipina

MsStorm

Bench
widdops been named for the gb side, probably the first player to be picked from reggies for international duty since olsen filipina

He must be in shock lol. He's flying out Sat. for England and good luck to him.

If you don't know his history, he migrated to Melb. when he was 14 then played his junior footy at Altona Roosters before joining the Storm.

Noa

First Grade
Last weeks result

Melbourne Storm - 26
Tries: D Chisholm 2, D O’Regan, R Kostjasyn, H Cahill
Conversions: D Chisholm 2, L Kelly
Penalties:
Drop Goals:

Shellharbour Dragons - 12
Tries: L Lulia 2
Conversions: J Vickery, S Burns
Penalties:
Drop Goals:

Team for this weeks game.

NSW CUP

1 Jy Hitchcox
2 James Uhatafe
3 Willie Isa
4 Michael Koko
5 Maeli Seve
6 Daniel O'Regan
7 Dane Chisholm
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 James Woolford
10 Sione Kite
11 Fred Makimare
12 Hep Cahill [c]
13 Billy Rogers

14 Sinbad Kali
15 Dale Langford
16 Mananui Te Hue Hue
17 Pulou Vaituutu

Noa

First Grade
Teams sliding atm, another loss on the weekend. Hopefully once the guns come back from first grade we can pull it together in the finals. Would love nothing more then to see Hep raise the trophy in front of 60k booing fans.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Storm are playing interstate again this weekend.

They only have two home games left

Remaining matches:

Saturday, August 14 - Wests v Melbourne @ Leichhardt Oval - 1pm
Saturday, August 21 - Melbourne v Auckland @ Olympic Park - 3pm
Sunday, August 29 - Wentworthville v Melbourne @ Ringrose Park - 3pm
Sunday, September 5 - Melbourne v Canterbury @ Olympic Park - 3pm

All 4 games are bloody tough too. They really need to lift big time otherwise they could see themselves losing all 4 of these matches.

Noa

First Grade
Good win to the Storm yesterday.

No Luke kelly, no Gareth Widdop so Dane Chisholm steps into the 7, scores a hat-trick and wins us the game.

Melbourne Storm 34

Tries: D Chisholm 3, A Vea 2, D Langford
Conversions: D Chisholm 5
Penalties:
Drop Goals:

Auckland Vulcans 24

Tries: N Taka 3, F Tuinauvai, J Aranga
Conversions: K Locke 2
Penalties:
Drop Goals:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chisholm was f**king fantastic.

Those two tries he score were just...wrong.

He shouldn't have even had a look in to score.

The try down the sideline, reminded me of a try by Greg Alexander in 1991 I think it was. Nothing happeneing, he brushes off a tackle, runs out of room on the right side, steps back, no support, steps, ducks, jinks, into open space and scores.

The last one, 5 metres out for the try line, he steps back out a tackle on the last, defence flat footed, no support, he steps back and to the left, then charges to the right, between two forwards, slips through and scores.

Best performance by any player all year for the Storm NSW Cup side. It was also good to see the Storm wingers standing their ground in defence instead of rushing in and being caught out. Mind you that first try by the Vulcans was a bit of a f**k up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, a bit of f**k up in scheduling. The last NSW Cup game kicks off an hour before first grade does next door. Perfect opportunity to have big crowds at both games.

Ah well.

Last game kick off is 1pm at OP
FIrst grade at AAMI is 2pm.

MsStorm

Bench
Also, a bit of f**k up in scheduling. The last NSW Cup game kicks off an hour before first grade does next door. Perfect opportunity to have big crowds at both games.

Ah well.

Last game kick off is 1pm at OP
FIrst grade at AAMI is 2pm.

It really stinks, the scheduling I mean. Who stuffed up?

The NYC is also on, but I think I will pop in for at least 1/2 hr to cheer to guys on.