What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Morris - justified his selection over Lewis with a strong game
5. Uate
6. Carney - just got to stick with him and persist
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Stewart
13. Bird

14. Hinchcliffe - in better form than Buhrer, has been going strong for a few years now
15. Watmough - offers far more than Creagh, more mobile, fast and aggressive
16. Williams
17. Learoyd-Lahrs/Galloway - IMO Merrin goes into the same category as Mannah, Tolman and a few others i.e. good worker but lacks the Origin spark

Raider_69

Post Whore
I though both Stewarts were quiet
Glenn didnt do enough with ball in hand when he got it, one of the key aspects to his game is his ball playing at the line, he seemed to tuck and run mostly. Id like to see him bring his ball playing to Origin level and test the QLDers outwide

Brett was solid, did his job and nothing more. Looked good off a quick play the ball out of hooker but otherwise unmentionable.

Both should be retained, Glenn because he's still one of NSW best back rowers and Brett because even if you wanted to replace him and i dont, imo the only viable option to replace him has a busted shoulder and is too big a risk in a game that we need to win to save the series

gronkathon

First Grade
I think you need a worker like Merrin.

He also showed his team mates his offload ability so there should be more guys pushing up with him. Trent showed he deserved his spot for mine.

40Twenty

Juniors
Brett Stewart
Brett Morris
Jennings
Beau Scott
Josh Morris
Hayne
Pearce
Bird
Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Tamou
Farah
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Res:

Luke Lewis
Tony Williams
Feleti Mateo
Aaron Woods

firechild

First Grade
Brett Stewart
Brett Morris
Jennings
Beau Scott
Josh Morris
Hayne
Pearce
Bird
Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Tamou
Farah
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Res:

Luke Lewis
Tony Williams
Feleti Mateo
Aaron Woods

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

I'd assume this was a piss-take but it doesn't have Ennis so I can only assume it is serious.

Joker's Wild

Coach
For mine the only changes I would make would be:

1. Buhrur out, Watmough in. Not because I think Jamie was bad but because a player coming on solely to play hooker is not needed with Robbie Farah in the side.

2. J.Morris out, a centre who will not back away from Inglis in. While I cant offer any names for a replacement as yet, I was really disappointed in JMoz and his attitude towards defending Inglis. He moved backwards way to much and you could see that Aku had no confidence in him. Our right edge needs lots of defencive adjustment, badly

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hmmm. Looking at the stats he wasn't too bad, so I might keep him on the bench.

Ben Creagh btw

3 Runs
26 Metres

Made 4 Origin.

20 tackles and about 5 of those were try savers

He needed to pick up his ball carries but he was used as a decoy more often than not.

Happy to keep him in the side

Moffo said:
Jmoz out? lollerskates

Mate, he was terrible in defence. If he can improve on this and not give Inglis 1000kms of room in game2 then Ill be happy to keep him but right now he was NSW biggest liability.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

That'd be the ticket. The only question is the identity of the extra prop on the bench. I'd go for TLL, but really, as long as it isn't Ben Creagh, I think we'll all be happy.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Creagh is a touchy selection. Was good in defense I was critical of him last night but after watching the replay just now I think he was there more for his defense then anything. He sure racked up his tackle count very quickly. happy to keep him but I think his defense can be easily covered.

firechild

First Grade
Creagh is a touchy selection. Was good in defense I was critical of him last night but after watching the replay just now I think he was there more for his defense then anything. He sure racked up his tackle count very quickly. happy to keep him but I think his defense can be easily covered.

Jason King was crucified for making plenty of tackles but few runs for not many meters.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Jason King was crucified for making plenty of tackles but few runs for not many meters.

And I said a few pages back or another thread I'd still swap him for Choc. His defense can be easily covered. We need more spark and go-forward in the position.

Joker's Wild

Coach
And I said a few pages back or another thread I'd still swap him for Choc. His defense can be easily covered. We need more spark and go-forward in the position.

Really? I think our go forward was excellent last night, it was our polish at the end of sets and our right edge defence that needs improving.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Really? I think our go forward was excellent last night, it was our polish at the end of sets and our right edge defence that needs improving.

No I know it was. I mean more go-forward re playing Creagh where we can use Choc or someone else to get more meters out of.

Agree regarding end of set plays. We had some shocking decisions but Carneys nerves didn't help us he offers a good boot to rack up some serious kick meters and he shat it so instead relied on Farah allot. RightEdge defense I don't blame in Uate fully JMoz and GStewart kept sliding a bit to far in and that put to much space to capitalize on and use. We hold our line more and Uate sticks further out with Stewart/JMoz spreading the line more it can be easily fixed. They need to be more alter with GI though. To often he was close to palming JMoz off him.