What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

Slackboy72

Coach
Seriously you hardly saw Creagh but FFS he only played 24 minutes.
What is the point of selecting someone who is only going to play such a short time.
Buhrer looked at least composed while he was out there. Not going to bag him cause he got only 7 minutes.

Tony Williams was huge.
Glenn Stewart was huge.
Merrin was angry.
Watmough in? Yeah why not.
Lewis and Tamou? Hmmmm.
Watmough to start and Lewis to the bench.

My bigger concern is the halves and their inability to do anything other than bomb it to Tate. That's a stock Pearce tactic. Not that I have a name of anyone better.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Tactics need to be changed. We had nothing on the last tackle. Get Creagh out and replace him with either Mannah or Woods who deserved selection in the first place ahead of him. Buhrer a waste on the bench. Watmough to replace him. There weren't many that underperformed but ge we had s**t last tackle options. Bomb to Tate every time. That worked well.

Mannah??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

evil_p091280

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

I agree with this team. Except drop Carney... he was terrible and has shown that he is not up to big games. I don't care what his 'potential' is.

legend

Coach
I agree with this team. Except drop Carney... he was terrible and has shown that he is not up to big games. I don't care what his 'potential' is.

Let me guess, Jamie Soward?:roll:

Qld's biggest advantage is the size of their centres. They are huge compared to Morris and Jennings. Fact is, we don't have anyone that size, who is of Origin standard in that position. I think Jennings is better than Morris but I can't think of anyone who could step in and stick it to Inglis and Hodges.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

You judge that on his first origin game and maybe grand final as well?

Hmmm, you obviously do not remember Laurie Daley's start to his rep career.

MacDougall

First Grade
Buhrer out for Hinchcliffe. Merrin out for Woods. Creagh out for Watmough.

Woods would have been very handy last night. His late footwork and ability to get quick play the balls would have fitted in so well. Having him in rotation with Tamou would be superb.

Dragon2010

First Grade
It's going to be interesting see how Carney goes in club footy. I wonder if he will be shaky or if he will find composure. One things for certain we have to instill trust in him and carry on. Those asking for Soward back, thanks but no thanks he had his opportunity to cement his spot-last year and while he was good in kicking last year he offered little spark except for setting-up match winning try in Game2 he didn't run and challenge the line much for a 5/8 and with his speed on those big QLD forwards he should have had no problem. We have the ability to beat QLD and I think if Jennings never got the bin and Carney help his nerves we would have gotten across the line. But that's the past now. Let's focus on G2.

I think Beau Scott was missed on that right edge a bit, I also thought that Stewart hogged the ball a bit on that side and Cause of that Uate didn't get clean ball like last year.

Watmough in for Creagh
Hinchcliffe for Burrer

tigertiger

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

this

Boganater

Juniors
1-11 same as game 1
12. Scott-To Fix right edge, make tough metres, G Stewart not suited
13. Bird
14. Merrin
15. Woods/TLL/Mannah - need more go forward not 10 mins of dummy half
16. Watmough - Creagh not fit to lace his boots
17. Williams

simostorm

Bench
Hinchcliffe or Buhrer.. not gunna matter who gets picked if they only going to play 5 miunutes.. Im more favorable towards Hinchcliffe of course.

Tweek

Juniors
What is with giving it to creagh after last nights game.
3 runs for 29m is a good average per run, 19 tackles in 24 minutes is also good, he was clearly there for defence, which he is good at.

He would not be in my team, id take watmong for sure but i dont think you can bag him out after last night.

leo9999

Juniors
1. B Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11.G.Stewart
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Mateo
15. Watmough
16. Woods
17. T.Williams

League_God

Juniors
1.Brett Stewart
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Morris
4.Chris Lawrence
5.Josh Dugan
6.Todd Carney
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Paul Gallen
9.Michael Ennis
10.Keith Galloway
11.Beau Scott
12.Ben Creagh
13.Luke Lewis

14.Anthony Watmough
15.Jamie Buhrer
16.Bryce Gibbs
17.Jarrod Mullen

Dragon2010

First Grade
1.Brett Stewart
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Morris
4.Chris Lawrence
5.Josh Dugan
6.Todd Carney
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Paul Gallen
9.Michael Ennis
10.Keith Galloway
11.Beau Scott
12.Ben Creagh
13.Luke Lewis

14.Anthony Watmough
15.Jamie Buhrer
16.Bryce Gibbs
17.Jarrod Mullen

Is this team serious?

Jono078

Referee
I'm not really suggesting this, but to answer legend, I think Matt King is a centre who could take it to Inglis and Hodges, his form is getting better week by week and is a proven origin player also.