What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Royce Gracie

Juniors
. I do know Gidley cant be at fullback again. David Williams also is a no, he was disgraceful in 2009 state of origin series. Halfs are the biggest question. Ahh hell, if i was to put in a blues side now, it would be....

1.Hayne(NSW's only hope?)
2.B.Morris
3.J.Morris(Morris borthers ad speed. we will need that)
4.Jennings
5.Minchello/Grothe
6.Barrett
7.Pearce? (please no peter wallace)
8. Weyman
9.Farah (brings creativity)
10. White (props arent my area. there arent alot of NSW props doing much really.)
11.Creagh
12.Watmough
13.O'Donell
14.Carney(Really good start to the season)
15.Douglas(consistant)
16.Leroyd-Lars/Waterhouse/Kite (depends on form)
17. Poore

lol @ poore

he has been the biggest bust of the year..

NEXT!

Jennings can't play yet, his defence is too poor unless he's inside Tahu and outside Campese.

Cooper is a must imo. He can definitely contain a Tonga/Folau/Inglis, then next best would probably be Tahu or Lawrence if you want to contain one of them. I wouldn't put Beau Scott in because he'd limit our attack.

Also, Stormbati, your bench makes no sense having 3 backrowers on their.

Not really limit there attack, but more along the lines of attacking in a different way. Scott has got tremendous leg drive, unlike Jennings and Morris, who are more suited to games against teams like France and PNG, where it just open field running, however in origin it is very different. Jennings and Morris over almost anyone if i was picking an Australian team, but in Origin i would MUCH rather have Scott over either. I agree with your thoughts on Lawrence, i would give him the left center position.

stormbati

Bench
Also, Stormbati, your bench makes no sense having 3 backrowers on their.

Good point, we do have a lot of good back rowers and not many good front rowers.

I mean, White, Weyman, Poore, Douglas, Kite etc etc

Lewis is a must, Gallen and Watmough too, Hindmarsh maybe.

Too confusing, if we have shyte halves theres not much we can do. I just couldnt stand another QLD series win.

Especially with the backrow Stormbati threw out before, Watmough/Gallen/Lewis. Creagh could be on there, with Lewis as a benchie, that'd be all you need for the NSW backrow.

Special K

Coach
they will get pummeled like white did and yes they are inconsistent, have you been watching the past 13 games sharks played?
I have and I doubt you have. They have been outstanding... Tallis last year was calling for them both to be in the NSW side last year saying they would be the first props he would pick. They have been the shining lights in a very dark and dull period in our club with both of them logging 70 - 80 minutes every week. Tupou and Barrett have been inconsistent but you always get quality from Douglas and Snowden.

As said earlier if there is one word that describes them - it is consistent!

MacDougall

First Grade
Yeah I think that if Douglas, Snowden, Galloway and Weyman had a game as the NSW front rowers with probably Douglas and Weyman as the starters, I don't think there'd be calls for any of them to be replaced any time soon.

Spot On

Coach
Geez I like what Snowden does for the Sharks but Origin??? Could he keep up at that level and match Civeno and Price??? I don't think so. But then again, we haven't had a prop rotation that could match QLD's two old timers for many, many, many years.

patzz_

Juniors
This whole love affair going on with the media and Pearce is driving me crazy. He is still a very one dimensional player and should not be chosen as the NSW halfback.

lifesgood

Juniors
NSW Struggle for good depth

My side would be

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Josh Morris
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke O Donnell

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Luke Lewis
16. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
17. Luke Douglas/Brett White/Justin Poore

Im sorry people, but I remember after the four nations last year hearing or reading somewhere that Nathan Hindmarsh retired from rep footy.? Is that not true.! I Am So Sure I heard this.!

Michael Jennings, only just makes this team, his form early on has been far from good.

Id like to see Beau Champion as a bolter.! He absolutely carved Morris up the other night, If not, Put Josh Morris into the centres and someone else on to the wing, not sure who though

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Another couple of weeks on, and having seen Beau Scott smash Greg Inglis in their one-one-one contest last week, my side is now:

1. Jarryd HAYNE
2. Brett MORRIS
3. Beau SCOTT (but they will still likely go with Jennings)
4. Josh MORRIS
5. Timana TAHU
6. Greg BIRD
7. Brett KIMMORLEY (c)
8. Luke DOUGLAS
9. Michael ENNIS
10. Michael WEYMAN
11. Anthony WATMOUGH
12. Ben CREAGH
13. Paul GALLEN

14. Kurt GIDLEY / Todd CARNEY
15. Luke O'DONNELL
16. Kade SNOWDEN
17. Aiden TOLMAN / Luke BAILEY

Spot On

Coach
Michael Jennings semms to spend a lot of time on the ground. Anyone else notice this? I'm not just talking about game v Newcastle but also Origin last year and other NRL games. Seems to get hurt/injured a lot.

Danish

Referee
Why exactly would anyone put tahu in their side??

the bloke has been an absolute liability for the eels, costing them the win against the sharks (dropped a certain try and dropped a sitter of a pass to give fergusson one of his).