What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

big hit!

Bench
As usual, NSW have got players in most positions to compete and beat QUE

But it'll be the engine room and the halves (inc #9) that will lose the series yet again.

The middle ends up being taken over by 'gimme the ball' Gallen, Farah is selfish, and the halves can't organise a root in a brothel.

Springs

First Grade
A shame it ain't American Football and you can't hook players off the park when the team is defending. I don't give a stuff how good Carney is with ball in hand, he should not go near an Origin match again unless he can defend. Liability of the highest order.

Time to think about all phases of the game.

And #11, 12 & 13..........who is your middle forward, and who are the edge forwards?

Second rowers play left and right. Lock plays middle.
The only reason it's different in some teams is that some players want a certain number.

big hit!

Bench
Second rowers play left and right. Lock plays middle.
The only reason it's different in some teams is that some players want a certain number.

yes, i know that is generally the case with the odd exceptions like Manly.

I asked because Gallen & Watmough are middle forwards at club level and Bird generally plays left forward for GC although he is more than adequate in the middle too.

if we go by the accepted jersey # convention, then Maher's got Gallen & Watmough on the edge when both are most effective in the engine room.

GONZO72

Juniors
A shame it ain't American Football and you can't hook players off the park when the team is defending. I don't give a stuff how good Carney is with ball in hand, he should not go near an Origin match again unless he can defend. Liability of the highest order.

Time to think about all phases of the game.

And #11, 12 & 13..........who is your middle forward, and who are the edge forwards?

GONZO72

Juniors

Class is permanent. Form is temporary. Carney has class.

1. Hayne
2. Taufua
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Mullen
7. Carney
13. Bird
12. Gallen (c)
11. Watmough
10. Tamou
9. Hinchcliffe
8. Grant

14. Kelly
15. Merrin
16. Fafita
17. Scott

Are you serious ? Is this the NSW side that is on QLD's wish list ? It's rubbish. The worst frontrow I've seen, and the bench is a farce. Mullen & Carney ??? Jasey, u truly have no idea. Stick to the Bulldogs or is it the Dragons this week.
The shitiest NSW side I've seen. Fool

I think that's a pretty good side. I wouldn't have Carney or Kelly though.

I know Pearce gets a lot lf hate but he is the best halfback NSW have. My halves would be Pearce and Mullen. Those 2 killed it back in their junior kangaroo days.

GONZO72

Juniors
If NSW want to lose this years series 3-0, lets pick the likes of Grant, Hinchcliffe, Kelly, Carney, and Scott. Anybody who thinks NSW can win, with one, let alone all 5, has get absolutely zero idea of football.
Talk about the epitome of a moron.

betcats

Referee
Tbh Grant has been no where near orgin form this season. He will need to step it up to even be considered. Also Tamou did f**k all last year in Origin but i'd probably still pick him, if he plays like jane again stamp him as soft and piss him off.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
there is practically no difference between a FE and HB these days. they can pick two guys who play in #6, or two guys who play in #7 at club level. that doesn't matter. the important thing is to make sure they've got two guys who are comfortable on the side of the field they're going to primarily attack and defend, and at least one of them can kick.

Sujskiez

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Tofua
3. Jennings
4. Hoopate
5. Tupou
6. Hayne
7. Pearce
8. Woods
9. peats
10. Taumau
11. Graham
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Reynolds
15. Watmough
16. Mannah (you can't deny his performance and attitude)
17. Fifita

Last edited:
If NSW want to lose this years series 3-0, lets pick the likes of Grant, Hinchcliffe, Kelly, Carney, and Scott. Anybody who thinks NSW can win, with one, let alone all 5, has get absolutely zero idea of football.
Talk about the epitome of a moron.

Mate Scott is the number one back rower in the comp at the moment. Hinchcliffe is probably the best player you could put in hooker at the moment.

big hit!

Bench
Mate Scott is the number one back rower in the comp at the moment. Hinchcliffe is probably the best player you could put in hooker at the moment.

I don't disagree with those selections either, but I'd have Scott starting at RF.

FB - Hayne
RW - Hoppa
RC - J Morris
LC - Jennings
LW - B Morris
RH - Mullen
LH - Pearce
AH - Hinchcliffe
RF - Scott
LF - Bird
MF - Gallen
P - Tamou
P - Woods

I - Fifita
I - Merrin
I - Watmough
I - Cordner

I wanted continuity in halves but Maloney is a defensive liability like Carney. If they're targeted defensively, it affects their heads and their possession game too. Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to take #7 off Pearce and it's the only reason he keeps getting selected. Hopefully brooks and Kelly come on in next few years.

Farah looks good but his selfishness can be a problem from a team aspect. Gallen is same. Might be a good thing that Robbie's out. He has to learn to pick the right moments to do it at this level.

GONZO72

Juniors

Hinchcliffe , the last time I looked was a backrower. How many minutes has he played at hooker this year? I think against the Bulldogs, when smith withdrew, he shifted to no 9.....the storm lost 40-12. He is not the answer. As for Beau Scott, yes he is in good form, but he's hardly the no 1 backrower in the premiership.
Jasey's team was ordinary. Thankfully, he's not a selector, otherwise its QLD 3-0 series.

Spot On

Coach
I'd love to know which position Hayne himself considers is best for him at origin level. The position he really wants to play. People have him slotted in four different positions. I'd like to see him continue where he left off from the World Cup - in the centres on the condition he'll actually see some quality ball. I'd also like to see the back of Jennings and Morris. Can someone please write Jamie Lyon a cheque for whatever he wants so we can get him into this squad? Someone promise him that if he plays for NSW, then his mate Glenn Stewart can stay with Manly till he's 40!!!

Last edited:

nsw2012

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. B.Morris
3. Jennings/J.Morris (Loyalty aside, one of them will have to go)
4. Hayne
5. Taufua
6. Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah (if out for game 1, then Ennis, if we're gonna go down, id rather go down swinging:D
10. Tamou
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Reynolds
15. Fifita
16. Merrin
17. Cordner

Latest posts