What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Led_Halen

Juniors
Only NSW threads have legs, only passion is the verbal shit chat
thSmiley11-1.gif

Tayjack

Juniors
Cordner should be the first blue back rower picked. He is an absolute gun. The type of player who IMO, canturn the series NSW's way.

FMD - he's probably 6th or 7th in line, bloke is only 21, not tough enough yet and the good judges know it, still sits way behind bird, Gallen, Lewis, Watmough, Stewart, merrin -if he was in front of them he'd get picked in front of them.

Spot On

Coach
Is Boyd Cordner really that good????? I just haven't seen it yet. Don't get me wrong, great player but geez some are going hard at him.

I'm very interested to see how Tyrone Roberts and Jarrod Mullen perform in the CvC match. On paper it looks as if Country will get blown of the park, but if these two can produce something special we may have something to talk about. Tariq Sims is another talking point, he's been pushed upfront and taking on two juggernauts in Fifita and Woods. If he performs I think he'll be rewarded with a NSW jersey.

perverse

Referee
I think the main hazard for Mullen and Roberts to be looking out for is that they might not get much opportunity to do much if we get dominated horribly in the pack.

Having said that, neither of them are strangers to playing behind an average pack.

big hit!

Bench
I think the main hazard for Mullen and Roberts to be looking out for is that they might not get much opportunity to do much if we get dominated horribly in the pack.

Having said that, neither of them are strangers to playing behind an average pack.

with Farah in the team, every single non-Wests Tigers half that is selected will not get the opportunities that they usually do at club level.

FACT!

Tayjack

Juniors
Is Boyd Cordner really that good????? I just haven't seen it yet. Don't get me wrong, great player but geez some are going hard at him.

Agree - he's a good player at club level and for now that's it. He's 21 only, so he has time to bring more to his game. For me he lacks mongrel and the extra efforts, that you would see a Gallen, Watmough , Myles or bird do. I'm f**ked if I know how he has made the test team, because he doesn't deserve it at all, that's not to say he won't in the future. He is at the moment very overrated.

timka4

Bench
Another underrated average selection. Are people thinking that Hoffman will be selected in the backrow again? Completely forgot about him and for good reason

isaiah

Bench
It's just hilarious reading, all this!

your selectors need after 8 years of losing, to learn some lessons of who will stand up and who won't. from my memories of last years series, i thought dugan had some good moments and deserves the first bite at the 1 jersey.
brett morris must play. jennings went alright. hayne played well in the centres in the wc but i dont think that is where you get you best value out of his skill set. and definately not at 6, seems to me he has hardly ever played well there even at club level. he has to be in the side, so play him on a wing and give him a licence to roam. pat richards is a one trick pony and a dinosaur. taufua or tupou should get a chance sometime soon, but not this year, barring injury. i don't believe josh morris is up to this level. you need another centre, not lawrence, definately not leilua [gagai is the better of their centres but won't get a qld jersey], pity jamie lyon is not interested in rep footy. maybe hopoate and hope he can rediscover that game in 2011 he played.
maloney is hopelessly out of touch, josh reynolds has some utility value but don't start him at 6, mullen or carney have what it takes to control an origin game. sutton is a joke.
pearce has to go, he is never going to win you a series vs either cronk or cherry-evans. just a gap in class. albert kelly in an opportunist from broken field but his defence will cost you. adam reynolds needs to run more for souths before you can trust him here. hodgkinson is not up to it, maybe you have to go with mullen AND carney.
tamou will get the job done. disappointing in origin last year but was playing with a hurt back through the middle of the year. i read someone say that woods doesn't have the pace at the line to trouble the qld defence. good club player. fifita is a must. he was one of your 3 best players last year. farah is the only 9 you have.
gallen of course. but if only he didn't punch a guy with his hands by his side last year, you may have won the 3rd game and the series. merrin is a must, watmough and bird, too. cordner has to be on the bench. i don't think any young forwards have put their hand up to say, pick me.
so summing up,
dugan
hayne
jennings
hopoate
b.morris
mullen
carney
tamou
farah
fifita
gallen
bird
merrin

bench- cordner, j.reynolds, watmough, and woods

looks a lot like last year's team, just changed the halves. thats all you lacked last year. it was close but we have the classy halves that win games if the forward pack can break even.

pity for you guys that blake ferguson is such an idiot. could have made the difference.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
just on t-rex. he has a pea sized heart. you cannot seriously consider him. and anyone who thinks tariq sims must be thinking about his 2012 club form. yet to recreate it. surely hoffman is past his use by and i think even if luke lewis can get back in the next week or 2, he will be grossly underdone for the blowtorch that is origin at lang park. finucane and josh jackson are good club players. ryan james is an interesting prospect but not yet. i like the size of klemmer, kane evans, and shannon boyd into the future. maybe 2-3 years away. havent seen enough of docker, and fensom can tackle but you need more vs qld.

GT0007

Juniors
Agree - he's a good player at club level and for now that's it. He's 21 only, so he has time to bring more to his game. For me he lacks mongrel and the extra efforts, that you would see a Gallen, Watmough , Myles or bird do. I'm f**ked if I know how he has made the test team, because he doesn't deserve it at all, that's not to say he won't in the future. He is at the moment very overrated.

All I can think is he must of been very good thru the 20s and has big expectations. He handles FG but I don't think he excels and I'm not sure how he makes the blues Lil alone the Kangaroos

Noname36

First Grade
All I can think is he must of been very good thru the 20s and has big expectations. He handles FG but I don't think he excels and I'm not sure how he makes the blues Lil alone the Kangaroos

The Chooks went very hard to get him from the Knights when he was very young so I think they've always had very high expectations of him.

deanothep

Juniors
1 Hayne
2 Richards
3 Jennings
4 J. Morris
5 B. Morris
6 J. Reynolds
7 Mullen
8 Tamou
9 Farah
10 Gallen