What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team predictions?

icewind

Juniors
Weve had preferred teams and teams based on club form. So now we're getting close, what is your prediction as to what the team will be?

for mine:

1. Mini
2. El Masri
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Anasta
7. Kimmorley
8. Kite
9. Buderus
10.Bailey
11.Mason
12.Hindmarsh
13.Ryan

14.Farah
15.Hoffman
16.White
17.Simpson/Laffranchi (most likely simpson)

18.Laffranchi/Simpson
19.Maitua

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
NSW team I see it as

1:Mini
2:King
3:Lyon
4:Cooper
5:Hayne
6:Anasta
7:Gower
13:Ryan
12:Mason
11:Hindmarsh
10:Kite
9:Buderus
8:Baily

14:Laffranchi
15:Hoffman
16:Simpson
17:Gidley

I wouldnt agree if it was this side though I believe it will be very very close

creagles

Juniors
Minichiello
King
Lyon
Cooper
El Masri
Anasta
Mullen

Ryan
Hindmarsh
Mason
Kite
Buderus (c)
Bailey

Gidley
Simpson
Tupou
Hoffman

fresh_mayo

Juniors
Mini
King
Lyon
Cooper
Grothe
Anasta
Gower
Bailey
Buderus (c)
Kite
Mason
Hindmarsh
Ryan

Simpson
Omealy
Hoffman
Farah

Gidley(18th)

Fullback - minichello
centres - lyon and tahu
winger - king and cooper
halves - kimmorley and anasta

lock - ryan
2nd row - hindmarsh and mason
props - kite and bailey
hooker - buderus

bench - simpson, farah, tupou, hoffman

selectors will take a conservative choice in the halves going for experience. if it fails in game 1, expect mullen to slot straight in at 7.

brett white will get a game as well during the series.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
dallymessenger said:
centres - lyon and tahu
I would be very surprised if Tim Tam got a run this year
dallymessenger said:
winger - king and cooper
Cooper is wasted on the wing. He will be at centre and either Grothe Jr or one of the other big wingers will fight for the spot.

steeden.

Juniors
kiwiqueenslander said:
is the ref included in your line up?

wouldnt be hard, all the NRL refs are from NSW anyway :sarcasm: and to think Suttor went down there to ref in PL... dear oh dear.

Anyway, Anasta seems to be pretty popular among you NSW posters.. why? I would've put Gidley in at 5/8 personally.

perverse

Referee
steeden. said:
wouldnt be hard, all the NRL refs are from NSW anyway :sarcasm: and to think Suttor went down there to ref in PL... dear oh dear.

Anyway, Anasta seems to be pretty popular among you NSW posters.. why? I would've put Gidley in at 5/8 personally.
this pops up every now and then. go watch a knights game with gidley playing 5/8th and you'll see why he can't possibly be an origin 5/8th. can play the position in a pinch.. but when he starts playmaking full time and kicking.. wow.. abysmal.

anasta is an over-rated hack.

steeden.

Juniors
surely though there would be someone but anasta who can play 5/8 for NSW? Maybe if Anasta has a shocker and Mullen has a blinder then they might bring in another rookie to wear the 6?

perverse

Referee
steeden. said:
surely though there would be someone but anasta who can play 5/8 for NSW? Maybe if Anasta has a shocker and Mullen has a blinder then they might bring in another rookie to wear the 6?
they probably should have had carney partnering mullen. i could be wrong but i think they played junior rep footy together in the halves (they both definately played junior rep footy.. not sure if it was together).. and they are both class.

perverse

Referee
steeden. said:
not to mention todd carney can kick field goals from practically anywhere!
both mullen and gidley are excellent in this department also. particularly the last one gids kicked (against souths).. god he hit it sweetly.

but the more the merrier.. can't hurt to have field goal kickers lining up everywhere if it comes to that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Carney was actually quoted this year as saying he and mullen are actually good mates, they've teamed together in a number of junior rep teams to very good success. I believe Carney and Mullen were on the piss together for NYE is my memory of the article i read was correct

steeden.

Juniors
perverse said:
but the more the merrier.. can't hurt to have field goal kickers lining up everywhere if it comes to that.
especially since field goals have played a major role in every Origin 1 since 2004.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Raiding Dazz said:
NSW team I see it as

1:Mini
2:King
3:Lyon
4:Cooper
5:Hayne
6:Anasta
7:Gower
13:Ryan
12:Mason
11:Hindmarsh
10:Kite
9:Buderus
8:Baily

14:Laffranchi
15:Hoffman
16:Simpson
17:Gidley

I wouldnt agree if it was this side though I believe it will be very very close

I got 3 players wrong, well gower got injured to ruin his chance and I reckon Laffranchi and Hoffman was very unlucky not to be picked

1.Minnichello
2.King
3.Gidley< dont think Lyon hould get a walk up start he left he should have too earn it
4.Cooper
5.Turner
6.Carney
7.Gower/Orford/Killmorley<one of these guys had too be in the team
8.Bailey
9.Buderus
10.Kite
11.Mason
12.Hindmarsh
13.Bird

14.Farah
15.Ryan/Laffranchi