What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW u19's State Wolverines Representative Gridiron Team

Fergo

Juniors
I made the team at running back!.

logo.jpg

The wolverines train on squad had it's final training session yesterday at the uws penrith university. 39 had to be cut yesterday and it was a very hard desision for all coaches.

The nsw wolverines will be departing from sydney airport Tuesday may 23rd for a 2 week junior nationals competition in qld.

The NSW gridiron colts comity would like to anounce the final squad for the 2006 nsw wolverines team.

Coach Toss: "NSW are only aloud to take 24 players away to qld and we had to be sure that we choose the best of the best in nsw"
Congratulations to all the players who made the squad you have been selected as the best player of your position and we have no doubts you will do nsw proud.

Offense:

Quaterback
Jean Prill - Storm
Jack O'Donnell - Chiefs
Danny Noonan - UTS

Running Back
Matthew Ferguson - Storm

Fullback
Ryan Gettings - Chiefs

O-Line
Matt Bondin - Seahawks
Nelson Lage - Storm
Keenan Mackett - Cubs
Phillip Sciortino - Trojans
Matthew White - Storm

Wide Receivers
Dean Borghuis- Storm
Jared Delandro - Trojans
Sidney Djite - UTS
Patrick Rafter - Trojans
Philipp Reisacher - Cubs
Todd Russel - Trojans

Defence:

D-Line
Luke Fenech - Chiefs
Maurice Tekere - Trojans
Jarryd Williams - Storm

Linebacker
Jamie McGrory - Cheifs
David Leigh - Trojans
Brent Parker - Pumas

Cornerback
Chris Bennett - Chiefs
Jayden Pilling - Chiefs

Peter Toss - Head Coach
Ray Romain - Defensive Coach
Mike Sea - Offensive Coordinator
Antonio Piscioneri - Trainer / Conditioner / Defensive Coordinator

The Tournament Schedule for the 2006 Junior Nationals has been amended.
The Program is now:
Tues 23 May: Teams arrive and check in.
Wed 24 May: 1:30pm SA v ACT, 3:30pm Vic v Qld
Thurs 25 May: 1:30pm ACT v Vic, 3:30pm SA v NSW
Fri 26 May: Rest Day (no games) Tournament Dinner
Sat 27 May: 1:30pm Vic v NSW, 3:30pm ACT v Qld
Sun 28 May: 1:30pm SA v Qld, 3:30pm NSW v ACT
Mon 29 May: Rest Day (no games)
Tues 30 May: 1:30pm Qld v NSW, 3:30pm SA v Vic

it sucks because it's only 7 man football on a full feild.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Mike See has been around forever lol.

i know a few guys from that list.

when i played, Canberra were pretty crap..all i remember clearly was one of there linemen had 3 fingers, it made for a very odd "Good Game" hand shake.

Congrats on making the team.

Fin077

Juniors
Well done mate.....

I think I had Mike as a coach when I played about 10 years ago!

Just while I'm here....there's a seniors NSW rep side isnt there? If so, does anyone know what selection is like? Is it fair dinkum or is there a bit of politics invloved?

Fergo

Juniors
yeah theres a seniors team... selection started last december and theyve just started training.. nsw won't have a very good seniors team unless paul manera quits as head coach noone likes him.. the best players of nsw have left the team because rocco bosco left and the players followed him.... so at this point nsw will be taking anyone they can get there hands on

Fin077

Juniors
Interesteing Fergo...Thanks.

Whats the problem Paul Manera? Where have all these other guys gone...to play for another state?

Cupid Stunt

There's worse coaches out there than Manera. He can be abrasive but the guy knows his stuff. I like Rocco but I dont think he can coach players he played with. Not a personal thing against him, I just dont believe anyone can really be objective with mates.

As for all the best players leaving due to Manera... :roll:

Latest posts