What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW v Qld

yappy

Bench
Interesting Shield match next week with the Blues taking on Bulls out at Blacktown. Might try and mosey on down to watch a day of that.

The Blues face some real selection headaches however with the test team announcement. Bollinger comes back to bolster our already overflowing bowling stocks, but Smith and Hughes are in Perth so we're really short of batsmen.

I really hope that Clark actually decides to sit this one out as neither Cameron nor Copeland deserve to be dropped and with Henriques likely to be retained we'll have plenty of seamers. Tough on a great campaigner, but I think he's man enough to understand it's for the best. Haurie will obviously hold his spot. Probably be temped to give Khawaja the captaincy, but Jaques, Henriques (not who I'd choose) or even Hauritz could do the job.

Who else they bring in though will be interesting.

I'd hope they move Maddinson up to open and promote Nevill up to 5. He opens with Warner for Easts so I reckon he can handle it no problems at all. Then that leaves room to play O'Keefe at 6 and Henriques at 7.

Still leaves a middle order spot which they could bring Warner in to fill, or back to Rohrer (but he's been struggling this year). Mail is once again churning out the runs in 1st Grade, but surely we can't go back there even though you know you'll get a solid performer. Are there any other guys (Cruikshank?) that should get a go?

I'd hope to see:
Jaques
Maddinson
Khawaja
Warner
Nevill
O'Keefe
Henriques
Hauritz
Copeland
Cameron
Bollinger

Clark (12th man)

aussies1st

Staff member
Would love to see that side, as you mentioned I hope Clark will help out the youngsters and take the hit this match. Also Starc is meant to be back for this.

beads6

First Grade
Shame Starc got injured I reckon he would have lined up for a test match already tbh.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SOK should get a run with Smith in the test team.

Be interesting to see him bowl with Hauritz and give us a good chance for a side by side comparison.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Be interesting to see him bowl with Hauritz and give us a good chance for a side by side comparison.

beads6

First Grade
I reckon they will give Hazelwood a fair bit of time to get back, stress fractures of the back is a major injury and he has a massive future ahead of him so no rush IMO.

yappy

Bench

I think they'll bowl very well together (if the quicks leave them any work to do). One of the reasons I'm really keen to go out to the game. This is a really exciting side NSW have at the moment and guys like Ussie, Maddinson, SOK, Nevill and Copeland especially I want to see much more of in the flesh.

Do you have any idea of what the pitch at Blacktown is like Twiz? Anyone? Quick and green, slow and low? Has it even been used for 4 days before? Could be a real mystery bag. Just hoping it's better than the SCG deck we had for the Tassie game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry mate, no idea, I live in Tweed where its pissing down atm

our cricket was rained out an hour ago

yappy

Bench
Side named for the game:

NSW squad: Stuart Clark (Capt), Doug Bollinger, Mark Cameron, Trent Copeland, Nathan Hauritz, Moises Henriques, Phil Jaques, Usman Khawaja, Nic Maddinson, Peter Nevill, Stephen O'Keefe, Ben Rohrer (12th man to be named)

Certainly looks like Maddinson will open with Rohrer coming in. So the problem still is which of the bowler's sits it out. I still hope it's Clark, it would be madness to leave O'Keefe or Copeland on the sidelines.

yappy

Bench
Surely you can leave Moises out!

After he took 4/not many last game and we're going in with only 4 recognised batsmen (because despite all evidence to the contrary he's considered an all rounder) I would say his spot is pretty secure

Red Bear

Referee
Moi Moi's not that bad a first class cricketer, averages 30 or so with ball and bat, underperformed big time with the bat however.
We have too many quicks at present
Copeland
Cameron
Bollinger
Clark
Hazlewood
Starc

Not to mention Lee and maybe Bracken in the one dayers

and the likes of Cockley coming back from injury in grade at present.

obscene

Anyway, may head out to this, although it's in bloody Blacktown.

yappy

Bench
Free entry to the game. Don't know if that includes the grandstand, but that does leave more in the pocket to visit the bar with.

franklin2323

Immortal
Side named for the game:

Certainly looks like Maddinson will open with Rohrer coming in. So the problem still is which of the bowler's sits it out. I still hope it's Clark, it would be madness to leave O'Keefe or Copeland on the sidelines.

O'Keefe won't miss out he will need to play as an all-rounder. Surely Warner could have a game.

We should lineup like this:

Jacques, Maddison, Khawaja, Rhorer, Henriques, Nevill, O'Keefe, Hauritz, And leaving the 4 quicks to fight out for 3 spots.

It looks a little shallow in batting play Warner idiots.

Yappy it's a quick outfield. small boundaries, It was a great pitch when they played the 2nd XI game. Warner got 214 there so it should be a good pitch. No rain since last week

Last edited: