What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW V's SA

yappy

Bench
Huge effort by Ferguson and Christian. Pair of tons and coming up to a 200 run stand. Still a long way to go yet though. SA have to survive until well after tea to save the game but they have started off on the right foot.

aussies1st

Staff member
Now that is how you bat on the Adelaide Oval even after being 4 down. Copeland economical, not use to his wicket telly being so low though :(

beads6

First Grade
Now that is how you bat on the Adelaide Oval even after being 4 down. Copeland economical, not use to his wicket telly being so low though :(

Don't be too worried his economy rate is outstanding and he is bowling on a road. Credit to Ferguson and Christian who has really come on this year.

yappy

Bench
I think Hauritz and Nevill (at least for his first 50 runs) showed that it's the sort of pitch where you can bat for a long time if you're patient. A bit slow (and a slowish outfield) so you can't generally score quickly, but neither will you face too many wicket taking balls.

I love reading all these journo's saying how there is no one in the Shield banging down the door. Hello? 59 wickets in 10 matches at a tick under 19 a strike rate in the low 40's and an economy rate of 2.5 isn't banging down the door? Which of the incumbents have produced figures like that in the best 10 game stretch of the entire careers? Are they going to just hang Copeland out until he finally has a bad game and then say "see he's not ready"? Even if he doesn't take wickets he has proven again and again he can bowl long spells and keep it tight. Get him in the side you knuckleheads.

(Actually don't - with the England side in the form they're in it probably wouldn't matter who they bring in. Let Johnson get slapped around for another 0/170 in Perth and then again in Melbourne and Sydney until it finally sinks into their brains that he is a myth. Then bring Copeland in for the Bangas where he can have a nice low pressure start until he has his spot locked down.)

yappy

Bench
Oh well Stuey well done - went with Smith instead of the quicks and he promptly gets Ferguson. Will the tail be able to keep out the two spinners?

eagles4eva

First Grade
Over 104.2: Smith to Ferguson, no run, OUT, pushing forward and caught bat then pad. SA 6/333. The new batsman

7 wickets for the match so far,

yappy

Bench
Over 104.2: Smith to Ferguson, no run, OUT, pushing forward and caught bat then pad. SA 6/333. The new batsman

7 wickets for the match so far,

Yep, he's making a case, but I do hope it's recognised that he should bat 6 and be the 5/6 bowler not one of the 4 main bowlers. I said before this game that the selectors would be smart to play four frontline quicks + Watson and play Smith instead of North and I stick with that. I'd have Smith, Haurie and Copeland go to Perth but Nathan would carry the drinks there and hopefully replace Johnson (who you know is going to play and then serve up pies) in the 11 for Melbourne.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Is Ferguson batting himself into North's test spot??

Certainly done more this season than Hughes, but I doubt it. Inconsistency has killed Ferguson. Although with this hundred, he might just pip Khawaja as the backup batsman.

yappy

Bench
Gees I hope the selectors aren't that shirt sighted and have learnt from the Xavier Doherty disaster than again I wouldn't put it past our selectors

But, but, but he's now scored 6 tons in 52 FC games and dragged his average over 36!

eagles4eva

First Grade
Over 107.1: Hauritz to Cassell, no run, OUT, quicker ball from Hauritz, and Cassell playing back gets struck on the pads in front of the stumps. SA 7/349. The new batsman is Edmondson

yappy

Bench
Haurie has Cassell. This shouldn't take too long.

Very good opportunity for Hughes to score a quick fire 50 not coming up here. Hope he takes it.

Latest posts