What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nyc 2011

roopy

Referee
NYC: Panthers v Knights
12.45pm Sunday 13 March
Centrebet Stadium Penrith
1. Maipele Morseau
2. Chanel Mata’utia
3. Geordie Connelly
4. Will Smith
5. Mitch Williams
6. Api Pewhairangi
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Josh Ailaomai
9. Chad Redman
10. Korbin Sims
11. Carl Means
12. David Uhi
13. Ethan Cook (C)
Interchange
14. Nathan Clarke
15. Chris Knight
16. Alai Taufa’ao
17. Rodney Mason
18. Sam Anderson
Coach: Garth Brennan

Geordie Connelly and Will Smith are both fullbacks and 5/8s who have been thrown in the centres - and both have a lot of skills.

The bench looks a bit small - two small hookers and three second rowers.

Pika

Bench
Mason and Anderson front row.
Clarke back row.
Knight and Alai utilities.

My main concerns are that Maipele and Sims have not had a minute of trial due to injury and illness.

Solid side though.

perverse

Referee
Maipele is regarded as quiet a genuine talent from what i've heard. weird to rush anyone back at junior level imo, but i guess you don't leave a potential superstar warming the bench if he says he can play and the docs give him the tick, and i would assume both of those things are the case.

roopy

Referee
Don't know how you can call Knight a utility. I saw him have a run at fullback once, but that was just to give Clydesdale a few minutes at hooker.
Don't think i've seen him wear any number but 9.

Pika

Bench
Had his appendix out.

No real concern about injury, just short of a gallop I think.

Noname36

First Grade
Interesting to see Sims in the frontrow. I thought he was a backrower? He certainly has the size for a prop though...

aqua_duck

Coach
I think all the SIms boys are of the same mould, all can switch between backrow and frontrow, hopefully he can be as good as his brother was in NYC last year

Serc

First Grade
Maipele Morseau in after 22 mins, 18-0 after 26 mins

Edit: Here's our lineup too

1. Maipele Morseau
3. Geordie Connelly
6. Api Pewhairangi
4. Will Smith
5. Mitch Williams
19. Tyler Sullivan
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Josh Ailaomai
9. Chad Redman
10. Korbin Sims
11. Carl Means
12. David Uhi
13. Ethan Cook

Bench:
14. Nathan Clarke
15. Chris Knight
16. Alai Taufaao
17. Rodney Mason

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
halftime 22-6

Chad Redman 9m
Ethan Cook 13m
Maipele Morseau 22m
Will Smith 39m

CONVERSIONSTyrone Roberts 3/4 (75%)

Serc

First Grade
Looking at the stats up to the 25 minute mark, I noticed that Ailaomai, Sims and yes, Means had made a fair few metres. Now its just after halftime and the stats have Means down for 15 runs and 114m! Very high workrate, especially if combined with his high amount of tackles as shown last year.

Oh and the score is now 36-6 , with 2 tries by Roberts in the first 4 mins after halftime, and one by Api just then after 47 mins (with kick to come)

Edit: Will Smith is down for 9 runs and 113m, with 3 line breaks also, and 7 tackle breaks, a try assist, 2 offloads and 2 line breaks for Cook.

Last edited:

Latest posts