What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nyc 2011

billy2

Juniors
The good news is that since we started picking the best players over the young prospects we have won 6 out of 7 and snuck into the finals.
The bad news is the game we lost we were flogged by the Warriors.
We'd probably give anyone else a decent game, but the Warriors are a class above.

Looking forward to this today, not looking forward to the costume party going to afterwoulds the mrs is dragging me to though!

billy2

Juniors
According to today's paper, Korbin Sims is in with a chance of playing - which just leaves Will Smith and Karl Means from our strongest possible side.

billy2

Juniors
Korbin any chance of being as good as Tariq roops?
Before this year people were saying he would be better - but Tariq has had a great year - and Korbin has been good but not great.
I read somewhere the other day that we haven't signed him for next year, but i thought we had him on a 2 year deal.

billy2

Juniors
Sims is in - Ireland out.
They have rested a lot of players - or maybe they have a lot of injuries.
10-0 to them after 27 minutes

Johns Magic

Referee
16-6, dumb play/poor execution by Pewhairangi on our own line gifting the Warriors an easy try as soon as we fight our way back into it.

The Warriors should just about win this comp every year by rights.

billy2

Juniors
This is our third beating this year from these guys.

If there is an advertisement for NZ needing a second side it's these kids - and two of our best are kiwis as well.

billy2

Juniors
Season over.
54-6

Pity we played the Warriors in the first final. We could have given most other sides a decent match.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
This is our third beating this year from these guys.

If there is an advertisement for NZ needing a second side it's these kids - and two of our best are kiwis as well.

They just had the NZ national secondary schools competition last week and there were 15 NRL Clubs there with their scouts. So it will start to dry up, most NRL clubs are affiliated to areas i.e. Storm with Wellington. They picked up 3 or 4 boys last year.

They were just saying that the Warriors had 6 players out today...i hope they can keep the roll on and win it again.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They just had the NZ national secondary schools competition last week and there were 15 NRL Clubs there with their scouts. So it will start to dry up, most NRL clubs are affiliated to areas i.e. Storm with Wellington. They picked up 3 or 4 boys last year.

They were just saying that the Warriors had 6 players out today...i hope they can keep the roll on and win it again.

15 clubs? Which one is behind the eight ball?

Their may be lots of scouts, but the Warriors will get who they want more often than not because of the home grown factor. Much like the Broncos rarely loose players they want to keep.

Looking at the current Warriors side, there's quite a few of them backing up next year as well. They'll be tough to beat again.

billy2

Juniors
We have been poaching players from Wellington for years, and a good number of them go on to firstgrade - Tim Natusch, Jason Schirnack, Kalifi FFL, Zane Tetevano, Con Mika (might be from Auckland) and Josh Ailoami should play firstgrade for the Roosters next year. We also have Api Pewhairangi and Jarrod Tua in the NYC squad who could well go on with it next year.
Pretty good success rate - about 2/3rds of the Wellington kids play firstgrade.

aqua_duck

Coach
We have been poaching players from Wellington for years, and a good number of them go on to firstgrade - Tim Natusch, Jason Schirnack, Kalifi FFL, Zane Tetevano, Con Mika (might be from Auckland) and Josh Ailoami should play firstgrade for the Roosters next year. We also have Api Pewhairangi and Jarrod Tua in the NYC squad who could well go on with it next year.
Pretty good success rate - about 2/3rds of the Wellington kids play firstgrade.

KFFL and Mika are both Auckland kids, Tets is from Waikato