What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC Players to progress to NRL in 2011

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
Who are the players tipped to burst onto the NRL scene in 2011 from the NYC? Will Siuatonga Likiliki, Beau Henry, Kyle O'donell, Peter Mata'utia be ready, or what about this Shaun Johnson from the Warriors? Who are the players from other clubs tipped to go well and look out for in the NRL next year?

boxhead

First Grade
I know Brad Murray will definitely get a gig at the Eels first-grade side, probably for the whole year.....I'm guessing the club will also want to trial Jacob Loko and Ken Sio, who both played NYC this year (though Sio started playing NSW Cup towards the end of the year).

NAS

Juniors
The knights have recruited very smartly from the Toyota Cup ranks for next year, and plenty of them will see first grade.....the cowboys will blood some of their talent as well.

roopy

Referee
Knights have Likiliki, Henry, O'Donnell, Tetevano, Mata'utia, Cook and Ailoami all training in the senior squad.
Likiliki - in the NYC team of the year twice - centre from Warriors.
Henry - halfback from Saints - in NYC team of the year last year.
O'Donnell - lock from Cronulla - In NYC team of the year last year and junior Kangaroo this year.
Tetevano - second row from Knights and one of the best for Cook Islands in last year's Pacific Cup - three good years of NYC
Mata'utia - fullback or centre from Knights - injuries this season kept him down, but best back at the Knights.
Ailoami - still NYC available. Lots of injuries this year, but a prop with huge potential.
Cook - lock from Knights - still NYC available - in the NYC team of the year and junior Kangaroo - possibly the best of the lot.

Archduke_Franz

Juniors
Cheers Roopy, I have seen most of the Knights NYC at some stage this season, but mate do you think all those guys are going to play first grade next year? or will we see a few of them like Ailoami and Cook in 2012 considering they will still be available for NYC.

roopy

Referee
Cheers Roopy, I have seen most of the Knights NYC at some stage this season, but mate do you think all those guys are going to play first grade next year? or will we see a few of them like Ailoami and Cook in 2012 considering they will still be available for NYC.
Stone has an appalling record of giving young guys a go.
The only way any of them will get a run is through injuries.

Shaun Johnson, Elijah Taylor, Glen Fisiiahi, Matthew Robinson and Ivan Penehe are likely to have a crack in the NRL. Although with so many people ahead of them some of them would be replacements.

elyod138

Bench
James Segeyaro, Tariq Sims, Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa (already played 2 games).

Jason Taumalolo should play a few more games and Ray Thompson and Michael Morgan will be in the mix again to partner JT.

Big Pete

Referee
Dane Gagai is poised to make the starting wing spot his own at the Broncos.

The rest will act us cover. In particular Copley and Beale will cover the backs. Norman the halves. Baptiste the hooker position and Dunamis Lui and Kurtis Lingwoodock the backrow.

Interestingly, Under 20's prop of the year, Andrew Clayton, hasn't been offered another Broncos contract.

isaiah

Bench
Knights have Likiliki, Henry, O'Donnell, Tetevano, Mata'utia, Cook and Ailoami all training in the senior squad.
Likiliki - in the NYC team of the year twice - centre from Warriors.
Henry - halfback from Saints - in NYC team of the year last year.
O'Donnell - lock from Cronulla - In NYC team of the year last year and junior Kangaroo this year.
Tetevano - second row from Knights and one of the best for Cook Islands in last year's Pacific Cup - three good years of NYC
Mata'utia - fullback or centre from Knights - injuries this season kept him down, but best back at the Knights.
Ailoami - still NYC available. Lots of injuries this year, but a prop with huge potential.
Cook - lock from Knights - still NYC available - in the NYC team of the year and junior Kangaroo - possibly the best of the lot.

cook was in the train on squad for junior roos but missed the final cut of 19

Noname36

First Grade
Stone has an appalling record of giving young guys a go.
The only way any of them will get a run is through injuries.

Not really fair Roops. The standard of our junior grades has been terrible for the last couple of years. Brian Smith did some wonderful things for the club, but f**king up our already strong junior system was not one of them. It's not like Stone was left with any particularly talented kids who were demanding selection. Next year will be different though. We've recruited the cream of the NYC crop for next season, and our own junior system is finally starting to get back on track.

Henry and O'Donnell will play firstgrade at some stage for sure, and I'm assuming Likiliki will get a shot while the Mad Dog has his injury weeks. Pete I'm not sure about. He's always had unbelievable potential, but he just never really pushed on. IMO Cook will be the best of the bunch, but I see no need to race him into firstgrade. Let him keep developing in NYC. I can see him becoming our long-term lock after Matty Hilder hangs up the boots. He has unbelievable ball skills and vision for a forward.

skeepe

Immortal
Sam Mataora and Drury Low are two possibilities for the Raiders, although both have already played a little first grade.

As for rookies, I honestly don't know who might make the step up. Maybe Sam Williams, although more likely they'll spend some time in Queensland Cup first.

franklin2323

Immortal
Out of the Graduates only Vaurasi from Penrith.

There is a stack of good young players but prob 12months from 1st grade. Seijka, Tia-Kilifi in Aust Schoolboys.

Austin, Moylan, Watene-Zeleniak look the goods also but prob wont play higher the NYC look out for them in 2012 but

aqua_duck

Coach
saw him a ciouple of days ago needs to put on a few kg's to last a full year in the NRL !!!
thats probably true but he's got a very good frame for a halfback, a shoulder reco will set him back abit but we had midgits like Dureau and Walsh playing halfback the last few seasons so Beau is abit of a giant compared to them

Latest posts