What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nz a v cumbria

dimitri

First Grade
Cumbrian squad to face New Zealand 'A' tourists.
Thu Sep 04, 4:59pm (UK)
Source: RFL Official Press Release
Cumbrian county coach Gary Chambers today (Wednesday) announced the squad of players from whom he will select the county side to face the historic New Zealand 'A' touring team at the Recreation Ground, Whitehaven on Sunday, 19 October 2003 (Kick off 3.00pm).

Former Cumbrian county star Chambers, who is now on the coaching staff at Tetley's Super League club Warrington Wolves where he was a long-serving player, said: "Cumbrian Rugby League has long wanted the opportunity to play a meaningful fixture and now we have it.

"I've selected a squad of players that reflects Cumbrian influence in the Tetley's Super League as well as its presence with the National League One and Two structures.

"I believe I have been able to achieve a good balance within the squad and I am sure that they will maintain the tradition of previous Cumbrian teams of affording touring teams a competitive encounter.

"There is no doubt that the New Zealand team will be well drilled and prepared so the 2003 Cumbrians will have to be on their mettle if they are to withstand the challenge".

The squad full is:-

Backs

Gary Broadbent - Whitehaven
Scott Chilton - Workington Town
Ade Gardner - St Helens
Matthew Gardner - Leeds Rhinos
Jon Roper - Rochdale Hornets
Brett McDermott - Workington Town
David Seeds - Whitehaven
Jamie Marshall - Barrow Raiders
Jamie Smith - Barrow Raiders
Craig Walsh - Whitehaven
Peter Lupton - Leeds Rhinos
Rob Purdham - London Broncos

Forwards

Ewan Dowes - Hull FC
Ryan McDonald - Widnes Vikings
Steve McCurrie - Widnes Vikings
Jon Clarke - Warrington Wolves
Howard Hill - Whitehaven
Graeme Morton - Whitehaven
Craig McDowell - Oldham
Oliver Wilkes - Keighley Cougars
Paul Davidson - Halifax
Craig Chambers - Whitehaven
Marc Jackson - Whitehaven

hgfds

Juniors
Certainly a great international season for the northern hemisphere starts early oct with the la perousse cup and ends late nov with the ashes,meanwhile the southern hemisphere has oz vs nz on oct 18th.

Latest posts