What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ NRL coverage & rights.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah sky was pretty niche before the mid 90s but by 96-97 we even had it in student share flats so it took off pretty hard. By 2000 you had to have it to see the Warriors live.
I started watching league when the NSWRL was on TVNZ way back around 89-90, but then often couldn’t watch tests because they went to TV3 and our town wasn’t in a TV3 reception area. These days I just wouldn’t have got to watch sport as a kid.

Matua

Bench
Yeah sky was pretty niche before the mid 90s but by 96-97 we even had it in student share flats so it took off pretty hard. By 2000 you had to have it to see the Warriors live.
I started watching league when the NSWRL was on TVNZ way back around 89-90, but then often couldn’t watch tests because they went to TV3 and our town wasn’t in a TV3 reception area. These days I just wouldn’t have got to watch sport as a kid.
Yeah, all my student flats had Sky, it was reasonably cheap I think.

There was a day when there was a Kiwis test in the evening and a Magpies semi final for the Div 2 I think. I got pissed off during the Magpies match and threw a can at the TV and broke that little card that made the decoder work. So my mate had to race over to his place to get his card so we could do the watching.

I've been hearing how young people don't watch sports anymore but I caught up with my niece who is at Vic and her flat was watching rugby on Sky Now.