What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ State Championship

JB

Juniors
Stumps Day 2

AKL 398 (McIntosh 140, Young 100 Davidson 3/68, Bennett 3/71) & 143/5 (Young 40 Davidson 2/34, Astle 2/39)

CANT 169 (Anderson 45, van Wyk 44* McKay 4/37)

Blaze

Juniors
The most interesting thing to come out of the first game of the season was the leg spinner from Auckland. Interesting that he has been prefered to Hira.

Good to see Williamson currently on 78* and Anderson make runs in both innings last week...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hopefully the next great hope of NZ cricket can knock up his maiden century in this match and it is the 1st of many

Another one to keep an eye on is the left arm bowler from Otago, Wagner i think his name was. Was listening to it earlier and apparently he has relocated from England to NZ, intends to stay here, and has 91 FC wkts @ 18

Blaze

Juniors
FFS, put the jinx on him, gone for 82

Still an encouraging effort.

Just while we are talking about young players, I am not happy at all about the fact that Wellington aren't prepared to give Colson an opportunity. Wellington is generally very poor in blooding young cricketers. We need to implement a youth policy going forward.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The most interesting thing to come out of the first game of the season was the leg spinner from Auckland. Interesting that he has been prefered to Hira.

I'm bummed for Roneel, but I actually have a connection to Nethula as well because I played against him at school. I thought he was a gun and have been looking out for him ever since, expecting him to play first class cricket. Surprised it took this long, makes me think he's probably not as good as he seemed to me when I was a 14 year old starting out in first XI. He's 25/26 now.

ftr when I played him he made 160 and hit my first 2 balls ever for the first XI for four, then bowled maiden after maiden to me beating my outside edge but didn't get me out, and we managed to draw the game :cool:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Blaze, there was actually a piece on the news tonight about a young bloke Boam that has a contract. He sounds promising

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The current round has been buggered by rain, but the runs have been amazing for an NZ round

So far we have

Ingram 247 v ND
Franklin 219 v Auckland
Broom 140* v Canterbury
Bell 116 v Auckland
Woodcock 102* v Auckland
Sinclair 101 v ND

JB

Juniors
This Vivian guy from the Auckland Aces 20/20 side looks an interesting character. What a monster! 6 feet 5, 116 kgs. Built like a brick sh*thouse, and can smack the ball a mile. Watching that game the other day, he hit the biggest 6 seen on the outer oval at Eden Park (admittedly a small ground, but it ended up in a neighbouring house). Even his edges we're going for 6. Made 55 against CD the other day of 18 balls with 2 fours and 6 sixes. Apparently he's a woodchopper and uses a huge 5kg bat. Dont know if he'll turn out any good, but he's definitely something different.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
LOL the woodchopper stuff and 5kg bat was made up

He actually spent many years playing club cricket in Canterbury, and was always close to the side without cracking it. Always been a big hitter with reasonable ability, will be interesting to see how long he can carry it on

Southern Warrio

Juniors
Even though it is only three games in I'm getting very excited about Otago potentially going to the champions league. We have dominated our opponents to this point and with McCullum, Broom and Cumming to still come back in we must be the favourites to take the comp.