What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ tour of Ireland 2022 - white ball internationals

TheParraboy

Staff member
This is the one we have all been waiting for...

3 ODIs in DUBLIN, all ODIs start at 7pm
10/7
12/7
15/7

3 x T20s in BELFAST
18/7
20/7
22/7

Santner has covid

The Black Caps were due to fly out of New Zealand on Sunday, but Santner - who will captain the Kiwis during the T20I part of the series - will remain at home ahead of three T20I and three ODIS against Ireland later this month.

New Zealand ODI squad: Tom Latham, (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Dane Cleaver, Jacob Duffy, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Adam Milne, Henry Nicholls, Glenn Phillip, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young

New Zealand T20 squad: Mitchell Santner (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Dane Cleaver, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Michael Rippon, Ben Sears, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner

edabomb

First Grade
Almost another epic fail from the anointed one Tom Latham. Still have no idea why he's seen as such an outstanding captain- results certainly don't reflect it. Guess he's just a really good guy.

TheParraboy

Staff member
1st ODI
cliffhanger
NZ won by 1 wicket with 1 ball to spare

Ireland 9/300
NZ 9/305 (49.5 overs)

Michael Bracewell getting the kiwis home 127* (82)

JJ

Immortal
Almost another epic fail from the anointed one Tom Latham. Still have no idea why he's seen as such an outstanding captain- results certainly don't reflect it. Guess he's just a really good guy.
I'm really struggling to understand what's happening selection and strategy wise tbh... partly the Canterbury power base, which given the ND playing strength is strange... but partly we got good (for a time clearly the best all round team) and believed the press and the off field buffoons got enthralled with this mythical depth

Someone in another thread said there are no great teams atm, and I agree - for a time we were the best of the good teams, but the notion that we can rest our best players and still be that is absurd

fair play to Bracewell, that was an epic innings - but he shouldn't be near international cricket

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kiwis win the 2nd ODI by 3 wkts

Bracewell again guiding them home 42*
also took 2/26 - 10 overs and won MOM once again

edabomb

First Grade
We win the last by 1 run. We're quickly becoming a 2nd tier nation after hanging out with the big 3 since 2015.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pretty good effort by the Irish, a tad of 4 leaf clover luck and they could have won this ODI series 2-1

Onto the T20s, I reckon they may chalk up a win here