What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ tour to Australia 'postponed'

TheParraboy

Staff member
Shame

So our next international commitments at this stage are 5 x T20s v SL commencing Feb 11

Then test series in Pakistan early from March, which might get canned

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thing is , we are supposed to go to NZ for the return bout of 3 x ODI in March

At the same time our test side is in Pakistan for a test series

The womens WC is also on in NZ from early March

It all (may not) be happening

JJ

Immortal
Australia is a particular issue as they had planned to open the border, now it's shut and nobody from Australia can get here (given the # of Kiwis there that is a real problem) - The Women's World Cup might have already booked spots as they were coming from all over, but like the men your Australian teams might have expected they didn't need to - could be more to see here

Wizardman

First Grade
Im glad nobody here has bagged our Kiwi brothers. People who do need to realise Australian sporting teams (including the cricket team) have not been the best tourists over the last two years.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Im glad nobody here has bagged our Kiwi brothers. People who do need to realise Australian sporting teams (including the cricket team) have not been the best tourists over the last two years.

Your right Australia have no leg to stand on really when you consider we pick and choose when to play.

I find it more embarrassing for the NZ government. Perhaps we should merge WA and NZ together.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Thing is , we are supposed to go to NZ for the return bout of 3 x ODI in March

At the same time our test side is in Pakistan for a test series

The womens WC is also on in NZ from early March

It all (may not) be happening

Knowing CA reputation and getting what they want against everyone bar india.

They will probably punish the kiwis over this by not touring there for a test series until 2030 now.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wasn't around when it happened.

Did Australia A ever beat Australia.

I remember as a kid in the early 2000s Australia A would touch up every overseas country that would play them in a warmup for the tri series.

I think one year sri Lanka got rolled for 60 and they put on a 2nd game which was a T20 to give the crowd and broadcasters something to show.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I remember as a kid in the early 2000s Australia A would touch up every overseas country that would play them in a warmup for the tri series.

I think one year sri Lanka got rolled for 60 and they put on a 2nd game which was a T20 to give the crowd and broadcasters something to show.

They brought in a quad series in the mid 1990s. Cause they wanted more competitive games as Zimbabwe were easy beats

Aust
AustA
England
Zimbabwe

Aust and Aust A made the finals after the preliminary rounds .

Can’t remember Aust A ever bearing Australia but there were a couple of close games. One of which Australia won on the last ball

Wasn’t that successful from memory, so never done or looked at again

I’d rather we try bring SL in earlier as they are here for the T20s or another nation in to fill the void , than go the Aust A v Aust route

King-Gutho94

Coach
They brought in a quad series in the mid 1990s. Cause they wanted more competitive games as Zimbabwe were easy beats

Aust
AustA
England
Zimbabwe

Can’t remember Aust A ever bearing Australia but there were a couple of close games. One of which Australia won on the last ball

I’d rather we try bring SL in earlier as they are here for the T20s or another nation in to fill the void , than go the Aust A v Aust route

I am sure if we asked Ireland if they wanted to play 3 ODIs they would take the call.

Couldn't be any worse then what the poms dished up in the tests

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Aus A made the finals, the top side had to carry Taylor and Slater who were dogshit one day players. The Aussie side also pinched Bevan and Reiffel before the finals.

Aus A never beat the the top side but the main differences were McGrath, Warne and the Waugh Bros.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Aust
AustA
England
Zimbabwe

It didn’t happen again because Taylor had a sook after the public cheered for the A boys.

Blind Freddy could see Taylor shouldn’t of been anywhere near the ODI. It cost us a WC carrying his fat slow arse.

Bazal

Post Whore
Aus A made the finals, the top side had to carry Taylor and Slater who were dogshit one day players. The Aussie side also pinched Bevan and Reiffel before the finals.

Aus A never beat the the top side but the main differences were McGrath, Warne and the Waugh Bros.

You could do stuff like this in the 90s. Hell we almost could have played a quad series with just Australian sides and it would have been competitive.

As cool as the idea was I think an A side would get smeared these days, unless you basically picked the top 11 and then let guys like Marnus/Head who might not be walk ups play for the A side.

Bowling would be ok but the top flight attack is gonna be too nasty for am A team batting lineup

JJ

Immortal
The depth of Australian cricket at that point was insane, never been anything like it aside from the Windies quicks of the 70s/80s…. But for your lot, there were so many world class or at least international caliber (bats bowlers and according to Warne Darren Berry lol) players that barely played international cricket…