What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ2 - Which city/cities/region?

NZ2 - Best Location

• Christchurch

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Wellington

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Auckland 2

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Christchurch/Wellington split

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • South Island

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Hamilton

• “Pacific” based in Auckland with links to Tonga/Samoa

• Other

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

flippikat

Bench
Yeah we really need to work on the Warriors
To be fair, removing the team from their home base & playing in exile for 2 years, disconnected from juniors and forced to link-up with a 3rd party to field a reserve team isn't exactly what you want when you're trying to transition from mid-table (at best) to regular contenders.

The pandemic has screwed the club up in so many ways - it'll be easier to get the building bricks in place next year when the whole club is Auckland-based again.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The current form of 17 players has 0, zilch, nada - nothing whatsoever to do with a teams viability in an area.

By your logic, we would be advocating for another Penrith team 🙄
Not at all genius. The WHOLE country hasn’t produced a premiership in nearly 25 years. As soon as we put another team in there and they also fail to make a dent and get 2 spoons in 3 years the call will be…. “Why do we have 2 teams in NZ”.

Colk

First Grade
To be fair, removing the team from their home base & playing in exile for 2 years, disconnected from juniors and forced to link-up with a 3rd party to field a reserve team isn't exactly what you want when you're trying to transition from mid-table (at best) to regular contenders.

The pandemic has screwed the club up in so many ways - it'll be easier to get the building bricks in place next year when the whole club is Auckland-based again.

Totally agree. However that is probably the reason why you cool your jets on NZ 2. Give them all the time to get back on track

I know there was a thread on the Titans but I am way more worried about the Warriors. The pandemic has screwed them so their pathways are absolutely shot, they still have the massive problem regards recruitment and I look at their side next year and I’m going sheesh. They have absolutely no decent players in their spine and backline (the only other one is the Dolphins) and their coach is a rookie not Bennett

flippikat

Bench
Totally agree. However that is probably the reason why you cool your jets on NZ 2. Give them all the time to get back on track

I know there was a thread on the Titans but I am way more worried about the Warriors. The pandemic has screwed them so their pathways are absolutely shot, they still have the massive problem regards recruitment and I look at their side next year and I’m going sheesh. They have absolutely no decent players in their spine and backline (the only other one is the Dolphins) and their coach is a rookie not Bennett
Yeah, I think because the Warriors need to re-establish themselves at home that will put a 2nd NZ team off the radar for team 18.

A 3rd Brisbane/ 4th SEQ team faces similar hurdles, with the Dolphins probably wanting some time to establish and the Titans in disarray.

That basically points to Perth getting it - almost by default.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Not at all genius. The WHOLE country hasn’t produced a premiership in nearly 25 years. As soon as we put another team in there and they also fail to make a dent and get 2 spoons in 3 years the call will be…. “Why do we have 2 teams in NZ”.
Only from peanuts like you.
How long did we wait for the Sharks to win a premiership?🤔

MugaB

Coach
Yeah, I think because the Warriors need to re-establish themselves at home that will put a 2nd NZ team off the radar for team 18.

A 3rd Brisbane/ 4th SEQ team faces similar hurdles, with the Dolphins probably wanting some time to establish and the Titans in disarray.

That basically points to Perth getting it - almost by default.
Hahaha by default, why? Aren't we talking about competitive squads here, warriors doin shit.... =NZ2 fail, Titans doin nada = SEQ4 fail,
Perth has no reserve grade talent, they cant even win SG balls games and lose that 70 blot.. you all think that a new location matters... then its PNG only for 18th team, as they offer another country, with 9 million fans, the hunters are competitive and have already won a qcup comp 4 years back, and most importantly bring the game new and more talent than any other area in the Pacific or anywhere in Australia... if that doesn't sell you on the 18th team then theyll just take back the NS bears in idk... Adelaide or CC just coz there isn't a viable NZ2, QLD5 or WA/SA on their own

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth’s got this, been telling you for ages. Nz2 will come but not until warriors have rebuilt, on and off the field And the nrls new investment in jnr systems starts to develop enough talent for twoncompetitive clubs.
only question left is will it be pirates, reds or bears that gets the license.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Perth’s got this, been telling you for ages. Nz2 will come but not until warriors have rebuilt, on and off the field And the nrls new investment in jnr systems starts to develop enough talent for twoncompetitive clubs.
🤣

Colk

First Grade
Only from peanuts like you.
How long did we wait for the Sharks to win a premiership?🤔

Are you suggesting that the Warriors are going well? Also, they have had no junior teams for the past three years. They actually need time to get back on their feet.

Colk

First Grade

The Warriors performances are helping the Perth bid. I think you are being a little too optimistic though. We are talking about a very conservative sports administration.

Wb1234

Referee
Hahhaha

how long did it take Cronulla to win a comp

and well ignore the allegations they were Over the cap or the drug scandals surrounding the club

nz2 will be a stronger club than Cronulla from day one

Colk

First Grade
Hahhaha

how long did it take Cronulla to win a comp

and well ignore the allegations they were Over the cap or the drug scandals surrounding the club

nz2 will be a stronger club than Cronulla from day one

I wouldn’t be so certain about that. Despite how small Cronulla are, I would still back them to win a competition before the Warriors do

Gobsmacked

Bench
Maybe. Maybe not. I think you are underestimating how big a hole they are in.
Do you remember how big of a whole the Broncos were in when a new Brisbane team was announced?
current form of 17 players from an area closest means absolutely nothing.
But most of the comp got moved to Brisbane, a grand final and the following of the game was expanding.
NZ is a massive market, producing a shit tone of talent with a growing supporter base. The most credible threat to the kangaroos and if the Warriors had a rivalry, it could become the biggest the game has - folklore stuff.
But sure the Warriors haven't had the best year 🙄

Colk

First Grade
Do you remember how big of a whole the Broncos were in when a new Brisbane team was announced?
current form of 17 players from an area closest means absolutely nothing.
But most of the comp got moved to Brisbane, a grand final and the following of the game was expanding.
NZ is a massive market, producing a shit tone of talent with a growing supporter base. The most credible threat to the kangaroos and if the Warriors had a rivalry, it could become the biggest the game has - folklore stuff.
But sure the Warriors haven't had the best year 🙄

I’m not against a second side at all. I’m actually an advocate of a second side, maybe even a third side down the track. The only other viable option is Perth. I much prefer those options (NZ and Perth) then some of the other options being discussed on here like a fourth SEQ side, Central Coast or PNG.

I just think you have to factor in the Warriors. Also, it’s not only this year, they have missed the finals for how many years? They have been a disappointment for the majority of their existence both on and off the field