What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T Bushfires

Card Shark

Immortal
Very bad around Springwood, Winmalee, Lithgow & near me at Heatherbrae / Raymond Terrace.

Hearts go out to all those who have lost their houses + the brave men & woman of the NSW fire services & other services such as the state emergency services.

Stay safe!

It sucks losing a house to a fire trust me.

Took me over 4 hours to get home fromSmithfield to Bowral. Got stuck on Hume before Picton turn off u turned it back to Campbelltown to go out through Appin then Wollongong then Kiama then Jamberoo then Robertson. Some idiot stacked on the Macquarie pass that blocked that.

Oh and some numb nuts on the Hume when everyone was stopped decided it would be clever to sit down and have a dart. A couple of harsh words were exchanged with said moron.

Quigs

Immortal
You all keep safe.

Mother nature can be a real nasty thing when she turns... ( and helped by those moronic farkwits that light them up too)

Thinking of you all.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Wow that is some drive Avenger. Down the escarpment via Appin to Bulli then back up via Jamberoo Mountain. If only the RTA would have fixed the Macquarie elbow 20 years ago. Wish you well. If only ASADA could find a resolution that quick.

Card Shark

Immortal
Oh and some numb nuts on the Hume when everyone was stopped decided it would be clever to sit down and have a dart. A couple of harsh words were exchanged with said moron.

Hate it when someone throws a smoke out the window.... It doesn't take much to cause a catastrophe.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
I am no smoker however i do hate this.

I do have family members that smoke and they say and also an expert last night said a ciggie can't cause fires anymore.

Apparently if there not sucked on they will go out, there is something in the way they are manufactured now.

STILL DON'T TAKE A CHANCE

Card Shark

Immortal
Yeh right, what a load of crap.

At night when you see someone in front throw a smoke out & it sends ash skittling across the road - ya can't tell me if that was thrown into dry leaf litter on the side of the road that it might not light it up.

snoozer

Bench
my old man is in the rfs in katoomba - hasn't been home for 2 days!

as to the ciggie thing - i smoke and there is no way in hell i would throw one out of a car no matter what the season or weather - it's littering for a start. i know they go out if you put them down these days but it doesn't take much to start a fire if the conditions are right.

Card Shark

Immortal
Always amuses me at a hospital outside the buildings - the ground is covered in butts. Suppose can do no harm there - just looks messy.

Hard work for those fire'ies - hot & energy sapping - & they get no rest like Snoozer's old man.

snoozer

Bench
Hard work for those fire'ies - hot & energy sapping - & they get no rest like Snoozer's old man.
card - i've got the greatest respect for my old man and all fireys. volunteers firstly. they do a hell of a lot of work out of fire season for preparation(backburning for hazard reduction, community education etc) always fundraising to try and get better equipment etc. often up the mountains they get involved in missing persons searches(merkins decide to go on a bushwalk without proper clothing, supplies, knowledge and get lost or injure themselves).

my old man blames the fires in december 68(real bad) for me turning up aug 69 - reckons he came home from several days of firefighting and fell heavily on my mother.

Quigs

Immortal
Snoozer, my old man always blamed my arrival on one too many schooners at the Miranda RSL. It's good to be loved.

Best wishes to all affected . Posts 12 and13 would be fine examples in campaigns for bush fire safety and responsible drinking ,respectively

Last edited:

eddiesmith

Juniors
Shocking to see, hopefully it doesn't mean it will be bad down here come Summer

As for cigarettes, wasn't the one at Homebush the other week caused by a cigarette butt? So many fires start by the side of the road its pretty easy to guess what caused them

Latest posts