What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Time to stop the Circus !!!

Quigs

Immortal
Can someone tap the Gal on the shoulder and tell him to stop with the circus.

Everyday that I go to my far-can social media crap I see some post up about Gals next fight and it is starting to get embarrassing. Every washed up footy player is now in the news as the next big thing in boxing waiting to challenge so and so. It has reached the ridiculous range.

Okay the Mighty Gal likes to box but fair call, stop with the bullshit. How long can 'they' drag the punters and their dollars along for the ride.

Dead set it is getting to the Choc Mundane stooge promoting stage.

shadowboxer

First Grade
He loves the $$$. Simple as that
Heard he likes to part with some lesser memorabilia to cover the cost of renovations at his place. Can’t blame him, your last sentence was playing on my mind as well

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Massive tight ass. Has so much money but wants more. Will always be the premiership winning captain but I’m more in love with Lewis from a person perspective.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Massive tight ass. Has so much money but wants more. Will always be the premiership winning captain but I’m more in love with Lewis from a person perspective.
Yeah spot on….wish he’d get his Sonny Dill payday sorted then hang up the gloves. Gal is all about Gal and building his empire. Lewie is a dead-set champion.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah I sort of clicked to the sham when I read his book. Smelt real fishy to me when I read that something like his first five or so fights were former sparring partners.

It is just turning to a farcical joke now and it was from the get go.

R-15-3

Juniors
100%
But for some reason people keep buying main events at ridiculous money.
Tho I can see the numbers start to drop off real fast now the hype and fake bs has been done to shit.

Quigs

Immortal
That's part of my point to R-15, Gal needs to give it up before he becomes a joke. It is getting like the bloody wrasslin'.

I'd hate to see our first ever premiership captain being remembered for something other than that.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
More people hate the Chad, he is actually a junior too.

Nevermind..

I love loots, that tackle..,from Logan QLD

snout

First Grade
You're a long time retired.
I sit on the couch now and still miss it.
25 years later.

He is the most competitive bloke on the planet.
When he can't punch on it'll be something else.

You're a long time retired.
I sit on the couch now and still miss it.
25 years later.

He is the most competitive bloke on the planet.
When he can't punch on it'll be something else.

i have heard
that he is gonna lob in for terrigal sharks for a couple games due to some link with one of their coaches (theyre all doing this thing with the macedonia team)

which would be a shit time for the opponents that day

azzah72

Bench
On a branding perspective, he picked his role and nailed.

He knows most sports fans outside of sharks fans love to hate him, so he decided to lean into it, much like Mundine did.

He's aware people are paying to see his head get punched in, so he leans into the discourse.

He branded himself a prizefighter, kind of like the Logan boys. Smart branding.

Helps he mostly can back it up and hasn't stepped back from a fight.

Boxing purists hate the showmanship and the circus, particularly from ex footy players but the sad truth is, Australian boxing was in dire straits and it was this sort of stuff that has started to breath a bit more life back into the sport in Australia.

A lot of the time, the casual fan that tunes in to see if Gal gets his teeth knocked down his throat will watch the undercard, filled with legit boxers.

This leads to people then wanting to check out a Time Tszyu fight or a Brubaker fight.

This elevating the sport a bit.

He's playing a character but he's is also giving a platform for the sport and the up and comers.

bluefox68

Staff member
On a branding perspective, he picked his role and nailed.

He knows most sports fans outside of sharks fans love to hate him, so he decided to lean into it, much like Mundine did.

He's aware people are paying to see his head get punched in, so he leans into the discourse.

He branded himself a prizefighter, kind of like the Logan boys. Smart branding.

Helps he mostly can back it up and hasn't stepped back from a fight.

Boxing purists hate the showmanship and the circus, particularly from ex footy players but the sad truth is, Australian boxing was in dire straits and it was this sort of stuff that has started to breath a bit more life back into the sport in Australia.

A lot of the time, the casual fan that tunes in to see if Gal gets his teeth knocked down his throat will watch the undercard, filled with legit boxers.

This leads to people then wanting to check out a Time Tszyu fight or a Brubaker fight.

This elevating the sport a bit.

He's playing a character but he's is also giving a platform for the sport and the up and comers.
Listening to ‘Bloke in a Bar’ podcast after the Cambosis fight - non-boxing people hadn’t even heard of him. But some people are saying that his victory was one of the great Aussie boxing performances!

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Personally I don't blame him one bit for being frugal with his money.

At least he's not like the A-Listers with money to burn and flaunt it around with flash Lambourghinis and $5million mansions.