What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Who Was A Better Obi-Wan?

• Sir Alec Guiness

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Ewan McGregor

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

Munky

Coach
She looks like she’s 5 years old not 10
Everyone chasing her should be able to catch her after running for 10-15 metres I say

They should have had her riding the Star Wars equivalent of a BMX.

Would tie in nicely to the speeder bike scene in ROTJ.

Instead we got one of worst scenes in recent TV history.

Timbo

Staff member
The actress actually is ten years old but she looks 6-7 at the oldest.

They should've cast someone who looked a bit older. Or set it two years later, made her 12 and cast a 14-15 year old.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I can’t believe people are complaining they cast an age appropriate actor. Sure she is small but so was Carrie Fisher.

shiznit

Coach
I can’t believe people are complaining they cast an age appropriate actor. Sure she is small but so was Carrie Fisher.
Yeah I agree her age or whatever doesn’t bother me… some people go over the top TBH…

I think more worrying to me is what Smug Panther mentioned… the writing isn’t great TBH… I think the fact it’s only 6 episodes might actually end up helping this series if it’s going to be plagued by poor writing…

edabomb

First Grade
Enjoyed the first eps but the girl kid is annoying.

The chase scenes with her running away from various characters were cringe worthy
d96a6746-625b-46bf-b1b2-1a9e840d05a0_text.gif

Those "chase" scenes made me think of Superbad.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I don’t think they’ve shown anyone use the force the way they showed Vader use it in that latest episode

He brought down a ship with the force jeez

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The last episode was better but this was still written by someone who doesn’t have a clue about Star Wars. And as if Vader would show any sort of Mercy. But we need Reeeeeeeeeeeee-vaaaaaa to be the hero.

Matua

Bench
I don’t think they’ve shown anyone use the force the way they showed Vader use it in that latest episode

He brought down a ship with the force jeez
That force ability was established in TROS where Rey pulls a ship down and then Kylo pushes it up and then it crashes.

Odd that I can remember that after only seeing that garbage movie once.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That force ability was established in TROS where Rey pulls a ship down and then Kylo pushes it up and then it crashes.

Odd that I can remember that after only seeing that garbage movie once.
Yoda pulls a ship out of a swamp, Luke hides his ship in the water, after Rae and Ben fight for one, she thinks she killed Chewy.

Well established.

I like all star wars, I do like how Vader is totally obsessed with vengeance for Obi-Wan, totally fits, this feeling obviously wanes by Last Hope, he has not seen him for a long time and is not looking for him.

Does not know about the kids either.

Even though Lea looks 5 years old, it bases why she ends up calling Obi-Won.

Luke however does not know, so they have to pull that off yet, and hopefully Obi-Wan has some adventures not involving any Skywalker too.

Big no on the flash backs with Anakin, sure it fits the story, but I still want to punch that dude in the face.

PJ

First Grade
A thought;

In Episode 4, Vader says to Obi Wan 'when we last met you were the master, now it is I that am the master'.

Obi Wan sure as shit didn't seem like the master last night. He's going to need one hell of a Rocky montage to get him back up to a point where he can take on Vader and win again.
Had the exact same thought.

This really doesn't match up with A New Hope

Timbo

Staff member
I think the writing is a bit clunky because you can see this was written as a 2-2.5 hour film but they then retooled it as a TV show when Solo bombed at the box office.

Had the exact same thought.

This really doesn't match up with A New Hope
May not necessarily be about his fighting ability

The flashback scene established that Anakin is too focused on winning that he opens himself up to defeat in other ways. Obi Wan use this advantage again by using Anakins single focus against him to help the second ship escape. Was a real "Master and Apprentice" lesson that Anakin still hasnt learnt from

Just a different point of view i guess

Latest posts