What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observation infinity

The signing of Fitz early in the season has provided us with a great deal of fire in the planning stakes for next year.
WE ARE THE HUSTLERS of the comp now, THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS.
We are pushing the dominos.
It feels good to be the pro-active club and not the re-active club, like a lot of them are behaving like.
I'm enjoying it.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Gotta agree.... seems like we have clear direction for the first time ever. No more paying overs for aging and injury riddled players. Fitz won’t get the perfect squad he wants overnight and it wouldn’t surprise me if we kept a good chunk of our salary cap for next year. Bomber wouldn’t have been able to complete this overhaul given his loyalty to the incumbents including Chad and SJ. While I respect and understand his loyalties..... it doesn’t win you comps.

shadowboxer

First Grade
From the moment the talked and then signed Fitz- the momentum changed for the better.
A gamble? Yeah but a bloody good one.
Finally after years of plodding and being the bridesmaid in so many facets - we are being bloody ruthless and trying to rise above the mediocre.
I was a season seat holder up in the Burns stadium for years up until Raper, then walked back to the mosh of the hills.
However the changes afoot would be enough for me to jump back into the stands in an heartbeat. Happy days ahead

Gotta agree.... seems like we have clear direction for the first time ever. No more paying overs for aging and injury riddled players. Fitz won’t get the perfect squad he wants overnight and it wouldn’t surprise me if we kept a good chunk of our salary cap for next year. Bomber wouldn’t have been able to complete this overhaul given his loyalty to the incumbents including Chad and SJ. While I respect and understand his loyalties..... it doesn’t win you comps.

Clear direction for sure.

Fitzgibbon comes from a culture that there is planning a few years ahead. He comes from a culture that no ones position in a football side is secure. It’s competition for places all the time.

Too many of the current squad think that once they play in their position for awhile in First Grade it’s theirs under lock and key. That creates complacency, arrogance and laziness. Do you think Chad truly worried about losing the half back gig under John Morris? Hell no. How many endless totally shyte games has he played in the last couple of years and not once got dropped. If there’s no competition for your spot then you lose that competitiveness on the footy field. And you won’t win shyte with that culture. Because the other team will want it more, the other team is up for it every week and the other team is picked more on form and not reputation or friendships with the coach.

Fifita thought it was time to lose some weight this off season. I mean I love the bloke but how many seasons had he played overweight before HE decided to get some weight off? Why hadn’t the coaching staff told him you have to lose this much weight in the off season otherwise you won’t get picked. Do you think Fitzgibbon coming from the Roosters culture is going to allow players to dictate what weight they play at or let a player dictate anything else. f**k no.

There’s going to be a huge culture change in the joint for sure. I think there’s a few young players especially going to get a big wake up call. For mine Nikora, Mulitalo and Ramien need a rocket up them with their attitude on the field in relation to discipline and being switched on for the full eighty minutes of a game.

I’m not expecting miracles on the recruitment front in one season but I know that everyone who is brought into the Club will be for a specific reason and have the traits that Fitzgibbon wants. I’m confident he’ll build a winning team because he knows what it takes to win. Not all coaches do. Once you get a coach in the joint that does you’re half way there. Then it’s just a matter of time before you get a full set of dominoes......

Special K

Coach
I think the biggest thing I am taking out of this is Fitz is a man of character and he wants good people.

Hynes, McInnes, Finucane etc are all no bullshit roll the sleeves up blokes. Dugan, Townsend, SJ, Woods are f**king fairies who care about themselves or their social media.

Love it.

Quicksilver

Bench
Easy to cut people when you have cap space, no fine and people are off contract.

It was needed but please don’t act like it was some revolutionary measure. It was actually the path most likely. There is a lot of room to move in the roster for the first time in years. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that Dugan isn’t worth what he was being paid.

Mr Morris brought through a stack of new players within his tiny budget, but the goldfish in here wouldn’t remember that. Maybe it’s time that you finned flappers start doing some real observation.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Easy to cut people when you have cap space, no fine and people are off contract.

It was needed but please don’t act like it was some revolutionary measure. It was actually the path most likely. There is a lot of room to move in the roster for the first time in years. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that Dugan isn’t worth what he was being paid.

Mr Morris brought through a stack of new players within his tiny budget, but the goldfish in here wouldn’t remember that. Maybe it’s time that you finned flappers start doing some real observation.
Chad would have exercised his option and stayed for another year no doubt about that.

We would not have Chambers. Maybe not the new fella either.

Quicksilver

Bench
Don’t be excited then. You just sound stupid.

I am excited. I expect big things.

But only a child would compare the starting point now with what had to be dealt with over the past couple of years. That’s the point. Someone does a good job for you in a terrible situation and you take a shit on their face. Oh well.

Quicksilver

Bench
Chad would have exercised his option and stayed for another year no doubt about that.

We would not have Chambers. Maybe not the new fella either.
Would he? Our deal got blown out of the water and As it turned out it was a club option for the last year.

oh gee so glad we got a geriatric Chambers. Who Morris didn’t call back on game day because he rang from a silent number.

Quicksilver

Bench
Player option it was widely reported. And yes I have no doubt he wouldve stayed

That was the third call.

first year player option, second year club option- as reported by Chad himself.

If you’re resting your hat on the importance of the Chambers signing.... I don’t know if you have a great argument lol.

Latest posts