1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Off Contract 2019 - Who do we keep?

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by Fufu Andronez, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Fufu Andronez

Fufu Andronez First Grade

After having a couple of days to reflect post season I think its pretty clear that while we have a good team, its not a team that can win the premiership in its current incarnation. This is the list of players that we have off contract next year (2019). Who do you think we should keep and who is it time to part ways with?

Bunty Afoa,
    Blake Ayshford,
    James Gavet,
    Shaun Johnson,
    Solomone Kata,
    Karl Lawton,
    Mason Lino,
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad,
    Agnatius Paasi,
    Isaiah Papali'i,
    Ligi Sao,
    Lewis Soosemea,

Joseph Vuna

2. Fufu Andronez

Fufu Andronez First Grade

Im gonna comment more on the 2 big names in that list... For me we can't fork out the big coin again for SJ, he just unfortunately can't be trusted in the big games. I'd be open to re-signing him, but not on the rumoured 1mill or so he is on this year.

The other one for me is Kata. I don't think we can re-sign him on first choice centre money, if he stays it would have to be depth money. The experiment just hasn't worked and with the big money and long term deals we have just put out for our wingers we need centres who can utilise them and get the most value out of them in good ball territory

3. JJ

JJ Referee

Bunty Afoa - keep at a sensible price
    Blake Ayshford, I'd keep, they'll let go
    James Gavet, keep but as a depth prop
    Shaun Johnson, reduce contract, let him test the market
    Solomone Kata, I'd move on, they'll keep
    Karl Lawton, keep as back up
    Mason Lino, keep as depth
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, he should move on for opportunities, I'd like to see him stay and be given them here
    Agnatius Paasi, keep
    Isaiah Papali'i, keep
    Ligi Sao, he should move on for opportunities, I'd like to see him stay and be given them here
    Lewis Soosemea, keep
    Joseph Vuna keep

4. Big Marn

Big Marn Juniors

spot on.

5. Penrose Warrior

Penrose Warrior First Grade

Bunty Afoa KEEP - Has a lot of upside and development left in him. Will get fitter and more consistent
    Blake Ayshford KEEP - Kata needs to go unless he finds Ken-like off-season improvement.
    James Gavet KEEP - Flat year, not uncommon for props after his big 2017. Showed glimpses on Sat
    Shaun Johnson UNSURE - Huge year for him. If he can't aim up in big games/we miss finals, gone.
    Solomone Kata UNSURE - Again, huge year. If he can't develop a pass or defensive nous, gone.
    Karl Lawton KEEP - Decent utility value. If he's cheap, no harm in keeping him
    Mason Lino KEEP - Could be our 6 or 7 in 2020. Love his attitude, needs a lot more FG time though
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad GONE - Too

Agnatius Paasi KEEP - Absolute revelation this year. So, so impressive. Upgrade time
    Isaiah Papali'i KEEP - Is still 19, will hopefully develop into something great
    Ligi Sao GONE - Why keep him when he should be getting a look in but isn't. Head scratcher
    Lewis Soosemea UNSURE - Don't know him
    Joseph Vuna UNSURE - Too little seen, although he must have something about him to debut on ANZAC Day in Melbourne