What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Contract and available 2022

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
Few of these would not bust our salary cap and could offer some value to the Panthers squad. Thoughts ?

Dunamis LUI - Canb - FWD

Harley SMITH SHIELDS - Canb - BACK

Greg MARZHEW - Titans - BACK

Curtis SIRONEN - Manly - FWD

Max KING - Storm - FWD

Murray TUALAGI - Cows - BACK ***

COREY JENSEN - Cows - FWD

Mark NICHOLLS - Souths - FWD

Thomas MIKAELE - Tigers - FWD

martielang

Bench
Hard to argue with any of them. I think Jensen has signed with the Broncos and Tualagi with Cows.

I don’t have a list of who’s off contract or not but I think we’re short an edge back rower or two.

Whino

Bench
The following is a list from Zero Tackle.

Centre

Renouf Atoni, Gerard Beale, Braidon Burns, Will Chambers, Blake Ferguson, Tyrell Fuimaono, Mawene Hiroti, Will Hopoate, Nene Macdonald, Tautau Moga, Josh Morris, Tesi Niu, Justin O'Neill, Harley Smith-Shields, Enari Tuala, Dylan Walker, Bronson Xerri

18 players off contract

Fullback

Caleb Aekins, Jesse Arthars, Adam Cook, Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Josh Dugan, Albert Hopoate, Tex Hoy

8 players off contract
Five-eighth

Matt Frawley, Benji Marshall, Tyrone May, Corey Norman, Jaeman Salmon, Curtis Sironen, Will Smith, Billy Walters, Connor Watson

9 players off contract
Halfback

Tanah Boyd, Phoenix Crossland, Troy Dargan, Dean Hawkins, Drew Hutchison, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Lachlan Lewis, Sean O'Sullivan, Jordan Rankin, Ashley Taylor, George Williams, Sam Williams

13 players off contract
Hooker

Billy Brittain, Joshua Cook, Siliva Havili, Sione Katoa, Danny Levi, Joey Lussick, Kyle Paterson, Mitch Rein

8 players off contract
Lock

Corey Jensen, Max King, James Roumanos, Chris Smith, Ray Stone

5 players off contract
Prop

Leeson Ah Mau, Tom Ale, Tom Amone, Morgan Boyle, Jackson Frei, Wiremu Greig, Samuel Hughes, Josh King, Dunamis Lui, Thomas Mikaele, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Russell Packer, Darryn Schonig, Aiden Tolman, Aaron Woods

16 players off contract
Second-row

John Asiata, Fletcher Baker, Dean Britt, Egan Butcher, Bryce Cartwright, Michael Chee-Kam, Darius Farmer, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Brock Gardner, Alex Glenn, Jack Gosiewski, Billy Magoulias, Sam McIntyre, Tepai Moeroa, Mark Nicholls, Keenan Palasia, Tyrone Peachey, Alex Seyfarth, Iosia Soliola, Ben Te'o, Shane Wright

21 players off contract
Wing

Zac Cini, Christian Crichton, Tevita Funa, Dane Gagai, Matt Ikuvalu, Edrick Lee, Isaac Lumelume, Michael Oldfield, Jonus Pearson, Jordan Pereira, Jordan Rapana, Jorge Taufua

12 players off contract

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Sironen would be a good pick up, I think he might break our small bank though he is handy player.

age.s

First Grade
Plenty of handy players in Whino's list. As always it'll come down to what we can get them for. In a few cases it's also dependant on how their body is holding up (N MacDonald, Moga, J Morris).

We're losing a fair few troops at the end of the year. While someone like Tago looks like he's ready to step up, you'd think there'd be at least a few on this list that we have our eyes on.

martielang

Bench
I'd be looking at Lachlan Fitzgibbon to potentially replace Capewell. Dean Britt showed some potentially but has gone backwards at Dogs, might be worth a cheap pick up.

Whino

Bench
Whino, that list is not necessarily up to date. Billy Smith, for example, re-signed with the Roosters -

The list is now updated. I suspect there are probably a few others in there. Zero sometimes misses a few re-signings.

BxTom

Bench
The list is now updated. I suspect there are probably a few others in there. Zero sometimes misses a few re-signings.
You forgot to add Murraymob - and he's an impact player - does 30 second stints and will only cost us a slab and a couple of pies a game. If he makes a rep team, we'll add tomato sauce!

YoungPanther

Juniors
Slim pickings for the teams down the bottom to improve, unless there are a few that break contracts and leave early.

Honestly could only say 1 or 2 from that list would be in the 17 for us and that would be based on form from several years ago and/or if father time hasn't caught them (don't include Gagai who has signed with Knights)

I'll name 2 for the sake of starting an argument. Connor Watson - would be a good 14. Jorge Taufua - he is fun to watch smash people

Keep Kikau and fill up with Juniors and hopefully 1 or 2 of them can add to the squad, although most haven't played much footy for 2 years so wouldn't like to have to rely on it.

franklin2323

Immortal
You see who is left in Jan. get bargains like we did with Sorensen

Either that or you hit those guys on contract next year that get the tap on the shoulder.

No rush really even if we don't find a centre. Momo and Tago will do a job and another pre season for Jenkins, Taylan May etc.

We have 4 spots. Likely all depth guys anyway