What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season 2021-22

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bout time we started the off season rumours and signing thread

All but confirmed - Mitchell Pearce to Catalans

Strong rumour - Luke Brooks to Newcastle

Confirmed - Ikavalu to the Sharks

Asofa-Solomona refusing the vaccine, his career in limbo considering the rules in Victoria

Tyrone May sacked by the Panthers

Confirmed - Adam Elliott has chosen Canberra as his new destination to make a dick of himself

Jamal Foggarty released by the Titans to join the Raiders

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wow NAS is a prize idiot, way to torpedo his career. Pretty much no chance of resurrecting it in NZ at anything beyond NPC level either as travel will be off the cards.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Does anyone know where our squad is at with vaccinations? I imagine they had the hard word put on them about the necessity of it moving forward but I could imagine someone like AFB grumbling about it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Dunno if this counts as off-season news, but our first 5 weeks of draw for 2022 looks as good as it could possibly be under the circumstances

And back to Mt Smart potentially in round 15, awesome

jaseg

Juniors

24 players named in top 30, 12 players on train and trial deals, 5 players on development deals.

Interestingly, Otukolo still on a development deal while Kalepo is now in the top 30 (they are the two young hookers). I can only assume that Kalepo's deal specified him in the top 30 in his final year. Kina & Lingi Kepu in the dev group along with Otukolo, Vailea & Leyton Finau.

Aside from Kalepo, the only things of note in the top 30 I saw where Petterson-Robati & Ratuva confirmed in.

Of the train and trials: Ash Taylor obviously the name people will look at, but Trai Fuller is a Dolphins guy I floated during last year as a potential good backup for Walsh. I like him. Jayden Corrigan had a really good year in Qcup also, a winger/fullback option (for the Pride, a Cowboys feeder). He was playing fullback but probably more a wing option in first grade. Ale & Frei are here. Jacob Laban & Zyon Maiu’u - the schoolkid backrowers whose signings made news a year or two ago - are on the t&t list also. Adam Cook - a young half who played a little bit of Qcup for the Cutters last year (looked decent) is included also. There's 3 more guys from our juniors on the list who I expect will be brought over to play colts with the Dolphins.

Given the current circumstances I like looking at Qcup performers to give them a shot and see what they've got. Shit, I like it in any circumstance - that's how we ended up finding the likes of Brent Webb way back. But with the weird position our pathways are in, it's even more important right now.

edit: Edward Kosi not on this list, I believe he was just upgraded to the top 30 so there's 5 spots left.

Last edited:

One Warrior

Bench

24 players named in top 30, 12 players on train and trial deals, 5 players on development deals.

Interestingly, Otukolo still on a development deal while Kalepo is now in the top 30 (they are the two young hookers). I can only assume that Kalepo's deal specified him in the top 30 in his final year. Kina & Lingi Kepu in the dev group along with Otukolo, Vailea & Leyton Finau.

Aside from Kalepo, the only things of note in the top 30 I saw where Petterson-Robati & Ratuva confirmed in.

Of the train and trials: Ash Taylor obviously the name people will look at, but Trai Fuller is a Dolphins guy I floated during last year as a potential good backup for Walsh. I like him. Jayden Corrigan had a really good year in Qcup also, a winger/fullback option (for the Pride, a Cowboys feeder). He was playing fullback but probably more a wing option in first grade. Ale & Frei are here. Jacob Laban & Zyon Maiu’u - the schoolkid backrowers whose signings made news a year or two ago - are on the t&t list also. Adam Cook - a young half who played a little bit of Qcup for the Cutters last year (looked decent) is included also. There's 3 more guys from our juniors on the list who I expect will be brought over to play colts with the Dolphins.

Given the current circumstances I like looking at Qcup performers to give them a shot and see what they've got. Shit, I like it in any circumstance - that's how we ended up finding the likes of Brent Webb way back. But with the weird position our pathways are in, it's even more important right now.

edit: Edward Kosi not on this list, I believe he was just upgraded to the top 30 so there's 5 spots left.
Vailea also has a full NRL contract, story on Warriors site has 4 on development deals, with Vailea in full-time squad.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Does anyone know where our squad is at with vaccinations? I imagine they had the hard word put on them about the necessity of it moving forward but I could imagine someone like AFB grumbling about it.

When was with us he refused, but secured an exemption to play in Qld

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Do they not like the mRNA or Viral vector vaccines vs the protein based (traditional) Vax?
Have run into a few of those.
Novovax could be here early next year.
Exemptions very hard to come by now.
I’m not sure, asthma rings a bell, but might have been a cultural thing, AFB, Taupau and Walker all said no, upon being informed he couldn’t play without it Taupau got it but other 2 said no

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hipgrave retired at 24 due to head knocks

Cade Cust released to go to Wigan

Rumour Curtis Scott has an Eels deal lined up but is under investigation for stalking his ex

BLN2

Juniors
If thats how much he is on, we got a bargain tbh

I'm pretty sure most media numbers thrown around are heavy. Likely from their agents, it would help boost inflation on others/everyone's contracts.

I think he's kids have had reactions, which put him off vaxing..? I'm hopeful it will get sorted, I saw something recently saying the club was confident it would be.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Confirmed, Isaiah Papalii tigers 2023
Interesting, and you can guarantee the Tigers paid massive overs for him based on this years form. I’m calling it now, this will be another one of those shithouse Tigers signings where they get a form player at top dollar and he chews up their cap for little return.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting, and you can guarantee the Tigers paid massive overs for him based on this years form. I’m calling it now, this will be another one of those shithouse Tigers signings where they get a form player at top dollar and he chews up their cap for little return.

Apparently the Dolphins went in really big but he didn’t want to leave Sydney. Initial reports last week the Eels low balled him with $425k with the Tigers entering at $650k

The Tigers will have to hope that a 70 year old who has been out of the NRL for 10 years in Tim Sheens can work his magic

Latest posts