What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season 2021-22

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Interesting, and you can guarantee the Tigers paid massive overs for him based on this years form. I’m calling it now, this will be another one of those shithouse Tigers signings where they get a form player at top dollar and he chews up their cap for little return.
This is 100% going to happen.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I would have liked to see him show a little bit of loyalty to Brad Arthur. Dude literally has transformed his career, he was on the outer and no one really wanted him before the Eels took a chance on him.

I get it though, money talks.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I would have liked to see him show a little bit of loyalty to Brad Arthur. Dude literally has transformed his career, he was on the outer and no one really wanted him before the Eels took a chance on him.

I get it though, money talks.

I read somewhere that the Eels offered like 425k, and he is getting upwards of 650k at the Tigers.
He'd have been silly not to have taken the deal, he's 23 now, so what, maybe another 10 years at NRL level? Add to that, he's only ever had one great season, if the money is there, take it.

I do get your point however, the guy went from a run of the mill, to one of the best in the whole league. I hope for the Eels sake, he can repay them and replicate that form in 2022

Izz

Bench
I hope for the Eels sake, he can repay them and replicate that form in 2022
What's the bet he throws his toys out of the cot to try to get across to Wests sooner? Not like a, 'hey guys, can i leave early, please?' but a full blown, 'if you don't let me go i won't turn up to training.'

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Kikau signs with Dogs, presuming 2023 onwards. Dogs furious that somebody has screenshotted a security camera image of him in Dogs colours with Gus and Barrett

Karl Lawton has signed an extended deal with Manly

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I read somewhere that the Eels offered like 425k, and he is getting upwards of 650k at the Tigers.
He'd have been silly not to have taken the deal, he's 23 now, so what, maybe another 10 years at NRL level? Add to that, he's only ever had one great season, if the money is there, take it.

I do get your point however, the guy went from a run of the mill, to one of the best in the whole league. I hope for the Eels sake, he can repay them and replicate that form in 2022
Classic Tigers, paying 200K overs for a guy based on one breakout season at a new club. What’s the bet Ice had a chat with Adam Blair before signing

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Queen Gutho signs an extension with the Eels

Brandon Smith reportedly choosing between Roosters and Dolphins for his new home

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lawton was a grinding toiler. Loved him at the Warriors.
I never really saw him as that at the Warriors, he was more of a sharp impact dummy half with us. I liked him though and definitely with he’d stayed. Manly have done well to convert him into the current player he is

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Knights and Tigers both having a crack at Foran and trying to get him early

If he thinks it through, he should sit back and see he needs Hasler to produce, will be interesting to watch
Agree absolutely, but with Foran being an older player and not many pay days in his future it might make sense for him to take the money and run. Do you know what money he’s on at Manly for next year at all

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Agree absolutely, but with Foran being an older player and not many pay days in his future it might make sense for him to take the money and run. Do you know what money he’s on at Manly for next year at all
I believe it is in the 200s, big step back from the million a year he was on at the Dogs

Guess it comes down to if he wants to continue playing good footy on a contender as he has had the big cheques earlier on in his career, or deciding he needs a bit more wedge for his future and chases the money

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
NZ border quarantine free by April 30, so Warriors plans for mid season return to Mt Smart look on track

*except for you, AFB

sup42

Juniors
NZ border quarantine free by April 30, so Warriors plans for mid season return to Mt Smart look on track

*except for you, AFB

Looking good for the club to come home permanently too dependent on how people behave with the booster campaign.

There are some odd rumblings about Covid burning out in Japan and before that there was an article about the low rates of disease on the African continent.

I dunno how to find the Covid thread on this Warriors forum, the other website is not reachable today (dunno if that is a me thing or affecting everyone).

The other thing we are seeing with these planned opening up the country schemes is that they are getting brought forward the longer this situation appears stable.

That April date could go like the Traffic lights, it could get bumped forward.

Good news all round for Warriors fans and Kiwis.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Josh Aloiai becomes the first NRL player to test positive for Covid

He has been training to fight Gallen so hasn’t been with the Manly squad at all. Joey Leilua was a sparring partner and has reportedly tested positive as well, he is off to the division below Super League

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Big day today

Luciano leilua signs with the Cowboys, wants immediate release from Tigers, bit of bad blood in the family there

Reed Mahoney 4 year deal with the Dogs starting 2023, Gus having huge impact there

Dogs trying to shift Cotric back to the Raiders immediately

sup42

Juniors
Was sad to see today that a bloke who played footy with one of my friends in NZ died of Covid today too.
Sorry for your loss. I saw your mate in the papers today. Top bloke, very sad. Too young. It feels a lot closer when it is someone relatable, especially for you bro.

Latest posts