What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season 2021-22

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Confirmed - Joey Manu signs 2 year deal with Roosters

All but confirmed- Brandon Smith to the Roosters. Storm livid and may cut him loose early after he goes on a podcast and says how the Roosters pitch nearly made him cry and he dreams to win a premiership in a Roosters jersey

JJ

Immortal
Funny how everyone but the Roosters is losing talent, Panthers, Eels and even Storm bleeding quality, Uncle Nick keeps signing them…

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Can’t believe I’m saying this lol, but they did have some fair tin to toss around with Friend, Cordner and the Morris twins retiring although the latter 2 were on big money, Liu off to the Titans as well

Last edited:
NZ border quarantine free by April 30, so Warriors plans for mid season return to Mt Smart look on track

*except for you, AFB
Next minute a new varient pops up!
Omicron could throw a few spanners in the works.
Need 2 weeks to get data regarding vaccine effectiveness against it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Next minute a new varient pops up!
Omicron could throw a few spanners in the works.
Need 2 weeks to get data regarding vaccine effectiveness against it.
At this stage looking like it wont be too much of an issue. Initial reports are its more infectious than delta but no more severe and no more vaccine resistant.

Sanchez

Coach
Someone like Jacob Liddle probably becoming available makes me question the decision to commit to Egan

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Nah I’m happy with Egan. People go on about him being injury prone, Liddle appears much more so, with Egan playing way more minutes and games the last 2 or 3 years. Probably doesn’t have as high a ceiling as Liddle, but with Otukolo on our books who we have big wraps on, and Metcalf and Walsh still super young in the spine, you probably need a steady hand to help guide them, especially with SJ being so injury prone.

jaseg

Juniors
Nah I’m happy with Egan. People go on about him being injury prone, Liddle appears much more so, with Egan playing way more minutes and games the last 2 or 3 years. Probably doesn’t have as high a ceiling as Liddle, but with Otukolo on our books who we have big wraps on, and Metcalf and Walsh still super young in the spine, you probably need a steady hand to help guide them, especially with SJ being so injury prone.

This for sure. Liddle's injury history is not great, and while he's a better ball runner Egan is the more complete player (honestly probably just an overall better player - definitely not clearly worse, anyway), certainly has a much cleaner delivery from dummy half (and better on d) - and Otukolo is seen as the future anyway.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
BRandon Smith officially signs with the Roosters for 2023-25

Junior Paulo commits to staying with the Eels

Josh Hodgson and Bailey Simonsen signs with the Eels for 2023

Api Koroisau commits to the Tigers for 2023

Cotric released by Dogs and back with the Raiders

JJ

Immortal
BRandon Smith officially signs with the Roosters for 2023-25

Junior Paulo commits to staying with the Eels

Josh Hodgson and Bailey Simonsen signs with the Eels for 2023

Api Koroisau commits to the Tigers for 2023

Cotric released by Dogs and back with the Raiders
Really don’t know what to make of Smith, just seeming like too much of a wanker

As an aside really annoyed seeing the cop killer in court wearing a Warriors jersey, that should have been prevented

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Huge blow for the Knights with Brailey doing his Achilles

Storm teammates can’t get hold of NAS, more likely to see him in Jap rugby than the NRL

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Dolphins going for a Storm look

Kaufusi and the Bromwich brothers all confirmed. Mark Nicholls heading there as well I think

jaseg

Juniors
They got Isaako and Ray Stone as well.

I imagine Corey Oates will end up there, along with Kodi, Milf & Ash Taylor. Matt Lodge too. Wouldn't be shocked to see Junior Ratuva end up in Redcliffe either, given the way O'Sullivan has talked about him.

Oh, and Tom Opacic too - Redcliffe junior, was with Bennett in Brisbane, has become a solid enough first grader at a position that's weak across the NRL and the Dolphins haven't signed a centre yet. Makes sense.

Is it me or was this the quotes off season for stupid shit? Storm boys and Walsh about the only bad stories that come to mind and before Grand Final.

Latest posts