What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off to England

Moffo

Referee
Hi all,

I know i've become a bit of a part timer in the international forum, but just thought id let you guys know that im off to Europe tomorrow and will definitely be at the final in Leeds for the tri-nations

Should be a ripsnorter, I plan to write a 'from the ground Aussie perspective' of the game, I'm so pumped to be going over there and soaking up the atmosphere of a British crowd. It should get posted on the main page of this site if all goes well (and im not too drunk when i write it :lol: )

Im also planning to go see Chelsea/Fulham, and give some grief to the Chelsea fans :lol:

So anyways, lets just all hope its an Australia/GB final and that its a close contest. After yesterdays game, it may well be.....

Talk to you all soon!

Cheers,
Moffo

In-goal

Bench
i hope you realise giving grief to the football fans can be a very stupid thing to do, especialy those of the F.A. clubs.

the H in Southham stands for Hooligan

vbfg

Juniors
Moffo said:
Im also planning to go see Chelsea/Fulham, and give some grief to the Chelsea fans :lol:

Talk to you all soon!

Doubt it if you follow through on doing that. Chelsea played in Manchester on Saturday on the same day as our GF. The police presence was four times what it usually is on Grand Final day. Their reputation is well deserved.

nickdraperfto

Juniors
Agreed, a proportion of soccer fans here are only fans of violence. In fact, they organise the fights before hand. Although it was a light hearted gesture i'd still be wary as these idoits dont even have to be provoked to turn on you.

TownMarra

Juniors
Moffo, Hope you enjoy your time over here in the UK, make sure you get your arse over to Ireland, your missing out if you dont mate!
Another thing, the tickets for the Chelsea home games are £50 that is for the cheapest seat, so prepare to be shocked. Not to sure about Fulham prices though!

Dont go to any games in the lower leagues, stick with Premier League game. I work at Carlisle they are now in the Conference after they got relegated last season from the Football league, i dont support them at all, but i do work at the city, and they are quite literally a bunch of low life supporters who just look for trouble. I work with a big majority of there hard core trouble makers, they are pure dead beats who seem to have nowt better to do on a saturday, saying that though, some are banned from grounds in britain anyway! Carlisle have got the worst reputation along with Millwall outside the Premiership for hooliganism! The violence goes on usually outside the ground, before of after games, quite pathetic really.

Just thought id let you know mate

Good luck and enjoy your time here!

DIEHARD

----
My brother is in Ireland right now. Apparently he paid something like over $11 AUD for a whopper combo at Burger King. WTF!?!?

I'm going to have to save alot more money than I thought for my Tri Nations trip next year!

MRLA

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
My brother is in Ireland right now. Apparently he paid something like over $11 AUD for a whopper combo at Burger King. WTF!?!?

I'm going to have to save alot more money than I thought for my Tri Nations trip next year!
Believe it...
I remember when I was in London in late 2000, a whopper at Burger King set me back the equivalent of about $8.50
Needless to say, I enjoyed every last crumb of that burger and didnt set foot in another fast food store.
Furthermore, a few weeks later in Malta, a happy meal at McDonalds set me back almost $15.

DIEHARD

----
Yea I said to my brother "I'm never going to complain about fast food prices again."

We have it good compared to other countries. I think I will be living off 2 minute noodles during my stay in the Uk next year. :(

DON'T GO BROKE MOFFO!!! GIVE THE POMS HELL!! :twisted:

DIEHARD

----
Better yet just steal food.

What are they going to do? Deport you to Australia?

Free trip home Moffo! :mrgreen:

Dogaholic

First Grade
In-goal said:
i hope you realise giving grief to the football fans can be a very stupid thing to do, especialy those of the F.A. clubs.

the H in Southham stands for Hooligan

A friend of mine was at a Fullham V Chelsea match at Fullhams home ground wearing his bulldogs jacket and jersey. If he hadn't purchased a fullham beanie things may have turned very ugly!

Who knows but we need some of that rivalry and passion back in Rugby league.

Not the sort of rivalry that results in numerous assualts and/or homicides. That is just ridiculous, but unfortunaely does happen over a Soccer match over there

aussie_londoner

Juniors
you certainly dont want the rivally they have between soccer fans here in our game.

im an arsenal supporter over here now, not because i have been following them all my life, but because for me to go to the community shield game between arsenal and man u at the start of the season and sit with my mates, who are arsenal fans, i wouild have to be an arsenal fan too, cause your not allowed sit with the oppositions fans.

the english have been thugs to many times in the past that they cant now enjoy the banter between mate who support rival teams, like we have in aus. cause they barrackade the two supporters group apart. they kept the man u - arsenal fans at least 15 seats apart and had the seats covered with a long strip of shade cloth so you couldnt get accross and also police every few rows up the stadium

at the game i went to, 2 freinds of mine couldnt get man u tickets so they decided they would pretend to be arsenal fans. one of them, a blonde girl stood and cheered a man u goal without thinking about where they were sitting. they were ejected from the game, and thank god she was a blonde girl or it could have been nasty.

who wants that sorta rivally in NRL. not me

t-ba

Post Whore
God Speed Moffo, God Speed.

Educate those Southerner Bastards about the real code ;-)