What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official crowd figure

Mark Rudd

Juniors
For the Knights game on the weekend.

I'm a number-crunchin nerd keeping figures on the whole season. So if you want to let me know what it is, it would be much appreciated.

Good luck with the Warriors for the rest of the year.

AliN

Live Update Team
Quite a disappointing crowd really for a home game.

Maybe we have more fairweather fans than we realise.

Or maybe the Easter break had some effect as Aucklanders escape Auckland for a few days.

JoeD

First Grade
The stands looked really full. The incomplete eastern stand is definitely having an effect on crowd numbers.

playdaball

Bench
Auckland sporting fans will desert a team when they are not going that well. The Warriors will always have 10000 hard core supporters but the cream on the cake comes from then other 5-10 K.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Next week is an acid test for the Wellington fans. If they don't turn up in numbers (at least 20K if the weather's good) to support an underperforming Warriors vs an unpopular (due to recent scandals) Bulldogs side then they can kiss goodbye to the prospect of an NRL team for the next few years. I think they'll be struggling for numbers.

ThrashViking

Juniors
By god the promotion for this match has been piss poor and a 8:30 starting time is inane.
Wellington will probley get a bigger crowd than Auckland and yet they'll still be critisised-It happened last year and the year before.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

Averaging about 15,000 this year. Capacity can't be much more, either.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ThrashViking said:
By god the promotion for this match has been piss poor and a 8:30 starting time is inane.
Wellington will probley get a bigger crowd than Auckland and yet they'll still be critisised-It happened last year and the year before.
You can't compare Auckland and Wellington crowds directly though, Auckland gets 12 games a season, Wellington gets two. You'd expect the crowd to be at least 5K bigger.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Like every year I will be there. but unlike previous years nobody else I know is going. I don't hold out much hope of a 20K crowd. Still the 'Canes arent playing this weekend and if its a fine friday you never know.

Meth

Staff member

Spot on with fairweather, in two ways.

When I stepped out the door, I knew it would be a reasonably disappointing crowd because of

a) the cold weather
b) the lukewarm Warriors

I still believe we, the Warriors faithful (in Auckland), belong to a group of about 12000.

AliN

Live Update Team
yeah 10 - 12,000 I reckon.

Wellington has a passion for sport so here's hoping the stands are pretty full and the Warriors chant is heard loud and clear over the airwaves.
The Christchurch game will be the one I reckon for a full house.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
10-12000 faithful is an improvement on two years ago when the faithful numbered around 8-9000, and even that was an improvement on the bad old days of '99-00 when I reckon we struggled for 6k at some games.

ozbash

Referee
Golightly said 14k seats had been sold so far for friday night.

it could come down to a few things, the warriors lack of form, the mutts not being the most cleanest and greenest in the public image dept..

pity they dont bring over a couple of planeloads of the mutts army,, she,d be a sellout :lol: :lol: :lol:

the tigers game in chch should be a sellout. cantabs just love their sport.

LeagueNut

First Grade
ThrashViking said:

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH AN 8:30 KICKOFF??!!??!!?? It must be a bloody Aussie T.V thing. :evil:

Ahh who cares, I'll still be there with bells on (literally - they're attached to my hat!) and yelling until my voice becomes one with the Wellington night sky. GO THE WARRIORS!!

ThrashViking

Juniors
The 8.30 kickoff is one of the reasons why people are showing no real intrest in this game
I'll be going and supporting the boys regardless of what the starting time or weather conditions is.

AliN

Live Update Team
Have a good one Thrash, we'll be listening for the chant for the home side...oops I mean for the Warriors 8)