What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Lineup v Storm

vvvrulz

Coach
In saying that I think it would be a worthwhile option to try turn him into a center. Has all the skills necessary and his blinding speed would destroy teams if he ran the right lines. Also would be good if a player makes a break, I would back the Fish to run down any player in the comp.

I've been saying this for a while too, he would feed brilliantly off Johnson/Martel offloads and the Maloney line breaks. At fullback he is being wasted a little and getting completely shown up in defence.

Our wings/centres should be a combination of Manu, Inu, Topou, Benry and Fish with one of those five dropping off based on form.

Why don't we turn Manu into a centre and Fish into a winger???

I don't like Fish on the wing personally I think he would be better in the centres, fullback or even at No.6,

Fish is indeed the fastest man in the NRL but I can't bare him at winger for some reason, maybe it's because I think he can easily be dragged due to his small frame (Even though he has bulked up still looks small)

tangalife

Juniors
fish would be fail so misereably at centre it wouldn't be funny.

defensively, dave taylor to say the least would have a field day if he got to play on fish's side.

attacking wise he is a wade mckinnon type, backing up and supporting, finishing off a break made by somone else. he is not strong enough to break the line himself.

He is not up to scratch defensively, not tough enough and doesn't possess the skills needed to play centre.

suggesting he slot in at five/8 is equally laughable, I wont even bother getting into it.

Deetroy72

Juniors
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 BEN HENRY
4 KRISNAN INU
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SIONE LOUSI
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 ELIJAH TAYLOR
Interchange:
14 RUSSELL PACKER
15 UKUMA TA’AI
16 LEWIS BROWN
17 SAM RAPIRA
18 PITA GODINET
20 GLEN FISIIAHI

nice team and hopefully kiwi's with niggling injuries able to back up - looking forward to Inu gaining more game time (even his painful couple of giveaways) + Manu and his customary couple of giveaways and smiles lol

hoping to see my favourite front row of Matulino/Friend & Rapira & Capt Mannering to increase his offensive stats
will be a great game

defensively, dave taylor to say the least would have a field day if he got to play on fish's side.

attacking wise he is a wade mckinnon type, backing up and supporting, finishing off a break made by somone else. he is not strong enough to break the line himself.

He is not up to scratch defensively, not tough enough and doesn't possess the skills needed to play centre.

suggesting he slot in at five/8 is equally laughable, I wont even bother getting into it.

Do you believe in developing and learning a new position? Ironic that you say he is NOT up to it defensively as a centre BUT fullback he would be? LOL :lol:

We have a FB in Locke so to keep fish here is to give him an opportunity to shine as a centre, wing or anther position. I only suggested 5/8 as a stretch wasn't actually serious.

Rather than laugh at suggestions make some yourself

tangalife

Juniors
your entitled to your opinion, and im not taking shots at you, but me personally I think i reckon its absurd

defensively centre is alot different to a fullback. as a centre your on the front line, like I said you have someone like dave taylor running full tit at you instead of chasing down someone or coming in at them on an angle. And your making alot more tackles at centre as well, e.g. Ben Henry 20 tackles vs souths.

I believe in developing and learning a new position but there are limitations to that right? Or are we just assuming Russell Packer could be retrained as a winger?

My suggestion - keep Fish as fullback. We give him two games and we are already thinking about changing his position? Would it not be easier for Fish to keep learning the FB position than to try and re-train him some where else? the only bad side is what to do with Fish AND Locke.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
tumblr_m0uudfurSq1r2e4y8o2_500.jpg

Last edited:

_addict

Juniors

agreed.

'cept that agression-wise McKinnon did break tackles. Fish is wayyyyy quicker but.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Meh, I can't be arsed fixing it.

Edit: Coffee gives you strength to carry on!

Last edited:

tangalife

Juniors
agreed.

'cept that agression-wise McKinnon did break tackles. Fish is wayyyyy quicker but.

oh yeah definately, I compare him to McKinnon in regards they are both excellent at support running. McKinnon was very strong, was hardly put down 1 on 1 returning the ball... until his injury then he just went limp dick..

You say he is not up to it defensively? He is 95kg and has a very good ball and all tackle and can actually tackle effectively. The problem people have with his defense was his positioning at fullback not his actual technique. I agree it would take some work for him to learn a new position but unless Kevin Locke is out for an extended period he is gonna waste away in the Vulcans.

Also he is quite strong and has great footwork, so I don't see why you say he couldn't break the line, add to that his blistering speed he would be a massive weapon at center.

But him at 5/8? haha no chance.

Micistm

Bench
Doug, how did you pick that killer forum name? I love it!

Pretty happy with the side names this week. Trying not to look forward to the game too much because that usually curses them

NZ Warrior

First Grade
How do you add pics to a post? I've never managed to get the hang of it, it always turns to custard:lol:

Apparently, I can't either.

Above the text box (where you type your post), there's the B, I, U tools. Further along, there's a button that kinda looks like a pic of mountains & the sun. Push that, then it will ask for a web address.

You'll have to have already set up an account with an online filesharing source like photobucket.com or similar. Or you can do it the hit-or-miss way, and go to Google Images, find a pic there, and hope that the link is still active.

Still want to add a pic???