What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Rabbitohs Team v Titans At Coffs Harbour

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce their team to take on the Gold Coast in the team’s second trial match for 2010 this Saturday 20 February at BCU International Stadium in Coffs Harbour.

Rabbitohs Head Coach John Lang has named a strong 25-man squad for his team’s second hit out of the 2010 season.

The trial game against the Titans will be the culmination of the Rabbitohs’ second training camp at Camp Rabbitoh in Coffs Harbour in preparation for the 2010 season. Players have been training at the first-class facilities at the Novotel Pacific Bay Resort, as well working in the community of Coffs Harbour and the surrounding regions through Souths Cares’ programs.

The main game kicks off at 7pm with gates opening at 4pm. A preliminary Group 2 sevens competition will begin at 5pm at BCU International Stadium

Ticket prices:

Grandstand: $30
Outer ground adult: $15
Outer ground child/concession: $10
Outer ground family (2A & 2C, 6-14 years): $40
Children under 5: FREE (must have a Free of Charge ticket collected at ticket outlets)

The Rabbitohs’ Coffs Harbour trial team is:

1. Luke Capewell
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Beau Champion
4. Colin Best
5. Fetuli Talanoa
6. John Sutton
7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart (c)
9. Issac Luke
10. Sam Burgess
11. Eddy Pettybourne
12. David Taylor
13. Ben Lowe

Interchange:

14. Shannan McPherson
15. Garret Crossman
16. Scott Geddes
17. Dave Tyrrell
18. Jason Clark
19. Beau Falloon
20. Shaune Corrigan
21. Dylan Farrell
22. Junior Vaivai
24. Kane Morgan
25. Adam Reynolds
26. Jamie Simpson

Coach – John Lang

The Gold Coast Titans squad for this game is:

1. Shannon Walker
2. David Mead
3. Mat Rogers
4. Joseph Tomane
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Greg Bird
7. Scott Prince
8. Brad Meyers
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:

14. Matthew White
15. Luke Bailey
16. William Zillman
17. Riley Brown
18. Clinton Toopi
19. Sam Tagataese
20. Bodene Thompson
21. Will Matthews
22. Ben Ridge

Coach - John Cartwright

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Ma...m-for-Coffs-Harbour-Trial-Against-Titans.html

Last edited:

Foxy

Juniors
With the exception of Asotasi, Crocker and Ross this is a full strength side. Add those guys in (at least Roy and Mick) for the shield game and thats an awesome side

hunters

Juniors
Little disappointed that Merritt is named at wing. Hopefully he will drop back during the game and get a run at fullback.

Ttime

Juniors
Team looks strong, I think when we are at full strength we might see Ben Lowe drop to the bench for Burgess who moves to 13 and then asotasi moves into prop so we see Crocker, Ross, Clarke move to the bench.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I was hoping that the Capewell at fullback phase would end when Taylor left. Is Wesser still not fit? You'd think he'd need all the game time he could get - he hasn't played for almost a year.

Strong squads at any rate. Geeze, Bird adds a real edge to the Titans this year.

Fein

First Grade
I was hoping that the Capewell at fullback phase would end when Taylor left. Is Wesser still not fit? You'd think he'd need all the game time he could get - he hasn't played for almost a year.

Strong squads at any rate. Geeze, Bird adds a real edge to the Titans this year.

Spot on Ike, Capewell really isn't a fullback and I'm told we can expect Wesser in that position for the Charity Shield.

With the exception of Asotasi, Crocker and Ross this is a full strength side. Add those guys in (at least Roy and Mick) for the shield game and thats an awesome side

You have to be happy this year even without those players its still a mad looking side.

Also still missing Wesser.

Ttime

Juniors
Spot on Ike, Capewell really isn't a fullback and I'm told we can expect Wesser in that position for the Charity Shield.

reckon Capewell will surprise a lot of the Souths faithful this year... Coaches don't just pick players to fill up the roster. He must be doing something good at training. Plus we all know he has natural talent.

Come one Capewell :D

redandgreenduck

Juniors
reckon Capewell will surprise a lot of the Souths faithful this year... Coaches don't just pick players to fill up the roster. He must be doing something good at training. Plus we all know he has natural talent.

Come one Capewell :D
I agree Ttime....Capewell is very skillful and enthusiastic..probably tried too hard at times last year...could be a real suprise packet for us this year.

Fein

First Grade
I agree Ttime....Capewell is very skillful and enthusiastic..probably tried too hard at times last year...could be a real suprise packet for us this year.

I'm not doubting his ability to contribute but he seems to be more suited to 5/8 than fullback. ;-)

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I'm also a Capewell fan. Skillful and full of heart. Just not a fullback.

Edit - I didn't even mind him as a winger, but really it was crazy to see 1 or 2 next to Capewell's name and 14 next to Simpson's last year. Simpson was a winger being forced into a role as a utility, while Capewell was a utility being made to play fullback or wing. Nucking futs.

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
I'm also a Capewell fan. Skillful and full of heart. Just not a fullback.

Edit - I didn't even mind him as a winger, but really it was crazy to see 1 or 2 next to Capewell's name and 14 next to Simpson's last year. Simpson was a winger being forced into a role as a utility, while Capewell was a utility being made to play fullback or wing. Nucking futs.

That's "TJ" for you. :lol:

lingard

Coach
You guys have an exceptionally good side this year. I think you are maybe only one star back away from the premiership (barring injuries). I`d love to see a Parramatta vs Souths Grand final. (With Parra winning by a field goal in extra time :lol: )

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Souths will know after this game whether they are gonna make the finals this year.
The lack of depth in the halves is what worries me most. Does Luke Capewell shift to five eigth if Sutton gets injured? Who is our replacement for Sandow if he gets injured??
Compare these problems to the Broncos. Tim Smith will be the buy of the year in my oppinion. They also have Ben Hunt on standby.

The forward pack has to become ultra aggressive this year. How do you define aggressive?
Aggressive is when a team of individuals fight for the ball, run when their team mates are looking to offload, and coming into tackle when the man isn't held up. They need to win atleast five out of their first ten matches to be even considered a finals contender this year.

I was dissapointed in Mcpherson and Geddes last year. If they don't perform, put Clark and Tyrell in. Garrett Crossman is a complete writeoff. He is a NSW Cup player at best. One of the worst recruitment decisions.

Fein

First Grade
Souths will know after this game whether they are gonna make the finals this year.
The lack of depth in the halves is what worries me most. Does Luke Capewell shift to five eigth if Sutton gets injured? Who is our replacement for Sandow if he gets injured??
Compare these problems to the Broncos. Tim Smith will be the buy of the year in my oppinion. They also have Ben Hunt on standby.

The forward pack has to become ultra aggressive this year. How do you define aggressive?
Aggressive is when a team of individuals fight for the ball, run when their team mates are looking to offload, and coming into tackle when the man isn't held up. They need to win atleast five out of their first ten matches to be even considered a finals contender this year.

I was dissapointed in Mcpherson and Geddes last year. If they don't perform, put Clark and Tyrell in. Garrett Crossman is a complete writeoff. He is a NSW Cup player at best. One of the worst recruitment decisions.

Piss off nuffie, go back to the Storm.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You guys going to be posting updates? Be interested to know how you perform ad also keen to know how Bird goes.