What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team v Manly - oh my god

Brando

Juniors
If Manu "looks" like anything, he looks like a Tongan, which to me suggests that Bobby DIGital is nothing more than one of those tiny minded little racists that should really try to keep their bigotry internalised IMO.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Leave the race card out of it FFS, people pull that crap out far too often

Maybe BD was suggesting that he didn't look intelligent, because of that sky ad he did a couple of years back, hardly came out of that one looking like Einstein :lol:

beefstew

Juniors
The coaching staff would have one set of rules & standards for every player when it comes to attitude, i.e. how hard are they training, how much do they put in on the field. But beyond that, it makes no sense to have the exact same set of rules & standards for every player for the very simple reason that they are all quite different in terms of what they offer to the team. Putting a team together revolves around summing up what individual attributes a player has, strengths & weaknesses etc. not whether they've crossed some black and white magical line that they have to stay within in order to make the cut. Form obviously comes into it as well, but you would give someone who has uncommon abilities more leeway than someone who is a low level contributor without much ability.

Maybe 3 years ago the coaching staff could make a case for his importance to the team outweighing his many frailties...however the last two seasons, and this one in particular are bordering on farcical...Billy Slater wouldn't get away with the errors and crap defense Vatuvei has come
up with this season, and Slater is an attacking genius, while Vatuvei is little more than a prop with the number 5 on his back.

I was always under the impression, the better a player supposedly is, and the more experienced he is...the less stupid and basic errors he's
supposed to make.

beefstew

Juniors

Maybe BD was suggesting that he didn't look intelligent, because of that sky ad he did a couple of years back, hardly came out of that one looking like Einstein :lol:

It also doesn't help when he's on TV a few weeks ago saying "i dont read good" while he's trying to read a kids book to children.

Aragorn

First Grade

how does looking unintelligent equate to the race card???

are you implying unintelligent because he's polynesian???... bordering on offensive again.. where's our moderator? :sarcasm:

ozbash

Referee
McIndoe, Wishart (IIRC)

That was a great ad, Manu loved doing it.

Aragon, if you find what Bobby said offensive. there is a post report function on top of every post on this message board.

Put your money where your big mouth is, and use it...
Id say you could be in for a surprise :cool:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
how does looking unintelligent equate to the race card???

are you implying unintelligent because he's polynesian???... bordering on offensive again.. where's our moderator? :sarcasm:

Did you see the post I replied too before have a crack at typing that ? :lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
Aragon, if you find what Bobby said offensive. there is a post report function on top of every post on this message board.

Put your money where your big mouth is, and use it...
Id say you could be in for a surprise :cool:

oh really? does it work like the ignore function?:shock:

Rich102

Staff member
Aragorn.
Stupidity is not something we are tasked with policing.
If you want to be offended - feel free.

Aragorn

First Grade
Aragorn.
Stupidity is not something we are tasked with policing.
If you want to be offended - feel free.

Haha, thanks Rich. Explains a lot about this forum. :D

j/k appreciate the fact i dont get anywhere near the volume of emails from you and MKEB than i probably should.... but i guess you dont police stupidity... sweeeeet....

Last edited:

Auckland4ever

Juniors
\
Maybe 3 years ago the coaching staff could make a case for his importance to the team outweighing his many frailties...however the last two seasons, and this one in particular are bordering on farcical...Billy Slater wouldn't get away with the errors and crap defense Vatuvei has come
up with this season, and Slater is an attacking genius, while Vatuvei is little more than a prop with the number 5 on his back.

I was always under the impression, the better a player supposedly is, and the more experienced he is...the less stupid and basic errors he's
supposed to make.

Benji Marshall has been around since 2003(?). He still makes stupid, careless errors, some very costly. He gets picked weekly because, for now, noone else at the Tigers can offer what he does.

If we had better options than Manu across the backline, I'd have no issue with him being dropped, but as of yet, they aren't there. So, for me, he justifyably gets more leeway. And when he f*cks up, people can justifyably be critical of him. Some of the inbred dipsh*ts that ring up radiosport can also air their opinion on him. Basically because certain hosts are much less focussed on discusion/debate as opposed to providing a platform for people to air emotional, sensational, inflammatory tirades. That still doesn't stop any of them from being inbred dipsh*ts, though.

beefstew

Juniors
\

Benji Marshall has been around since 2003(?). He still makes stupid, careless errors, some very costly. He gets picked weekly because, for now, noone else at the Tigers can offer what he does.

If we had better options than Manu across the backline, I'd have no issue with him being dropped, but as of yet, they aren't there. So, for me, he justifyably gets more leeway. And when he f*cks up, people can justifyably be critical of him. Some of the inbred dipsh*ts that ring up radiosport can also air their opinion on him. Basically because certain hosts are much less focussed on discusion/debate as opposed to providing a platform for people to air emotional, sensational, inflammatory tirades. That still doesn't stop any of them from being inbred dipsh*ts, though.

Comparing Benji's contribution to his team with Vatuvei's?.......I think you may need to pay more attention to what Manu actually does during games
these days, like i said earlier, he's basically a prop playing on the wing, who has feet for hands and defends like a rookie who scores the odd easy
try...as long as he doesn't have to actually outrun or run around anyone.

Blair

Coach
Greg Pritchard, who is leading the tipping comp in the SMH, picked the Warriors tomorrow night. Kind of gives me hope. Two out of the eight regulars picked them.

I'd imagine our boys would have flown over yesterday and would be well settled in by now.

When Dean Bell captained the Warriors he was in the centres, right? Bell, of course, started off as a winger for the Kiwis.

jamaman

Juniors
Greg Pritchard, who is leading the tipping comp in the SMH, picked the Warriors tomorrow night. Kind of gives me hope. Two out of the eight regulars picked them.

I'd imagine our boys would have flown over yesterday and would be well settled in by now.

When Dean Bell captained the Warriors he was in the centres, right? Bell, of course, started off as a winger for the Kiwis.

They were going this arvo. had lewis Brown speaking from the airport.. sounded relaxed...
Bell was one of our best backs. he did alot of running around hills near my place..