What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team: Vs Cowboys

Poss

Juniors
The fourth-placed Sharks, following an impressive victory over the Storm, have a chance to claim another high-profile scalp with they travel north to tackle the Cowboys on Friday night.

The Sharks handed in a dominant performance against Melbourne, however the despite the potential inclusion of their regulars in Nicho Hynes, Toby Rudolf and Siosifa Talakai, all three missing from the Storm win, the Cronulla team face a difficult challenge against a high-flying Cowboys outfit currently sitting second on the NRL ladder.

Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon has named Hynes and Rudolf to return, while Talakai, a member of the NSW side to play Queensland tomorrow night, has been selected on an extended bench.

Centre Connor Tracey, outstanding in the Storm match, has retained his place in the Sharks back-line pending the possible availability of Talakai, Andrew Fifita goes from the run-on side onto the interchange bench, with Braydon Trindall on the reserves list.

The only other change for the Sharks sees Teig Wilton come into the starting side in place of Briton Nikora who has been suspended for one match after being charged with dangerous contact.

The Sharks v Cowboys match is scheduled for a 6.00pm kick-off at Queensland Country Bank Stadium on Friday, with the two squads listed below.

1. WILL KENNEDY
2. SIONE KATOA
3. JESSE RAMIEN
4. CONNOR TRACEY
5. RONALDO MULITALO
6. MATT MOYLAN
7. NICHO HYNES
8. TOBY RUDOLF
9. BLAYKE BRAILEY
10. ROYCE HUNT
11. TEIG WILTON
12. WADE GRAHAM (C)
13. DALE FINUCANE

Interchange

14. AIDEN TOLMAN
15. CAM MCINNES
16. BRADEN HAMLIN-UELE
17. ANDREW FIFITA

Reserves

18. BRAYDON TRINDALL
19. JESSE COLQUHOUN
20. KADE DYKES
21. SIOSIFA TALAKAI
22. LACHLAN MILLER

Interesting for the cowboys, the below 4 players are not listed in the team or reserves list, so looks like they have been given a week off.
  • Jeremiah Nanai
  • Jordan McLean
  • Murray Taulagi
  • Valentine Holmes

ghoti

Bench
We've been gifted an opportunity picking up the Cows so close to origin haven't we? Gotta make this a win, second to sixth is congested as hell and these opportunities to white ant a top four contender are vital

Wouldn't be surprised to see Trindall move to 7 or the bench to cover for Hynes whose probably just out of his sick bed today

island pro

Juniors
If Sifa comes in for Tolman (with a bit of a shuffle to get him starting on an edge perhaps), then that is starting to look pretty shit hot. Although, I don't think that is what will happen unfortunately.

I'm not a Tolman hater and am happy for him to be in the side frequently, but I don't think he makes the best 17 when all are available.

DJDL

Bench
If Sifa pulls up ok from Origin I think he’ll go straight back to left centre. Tracey misses out.

Chimp

Bench
I’ll stand by my comment on the other thread, Tracey plays centre, Sifa joins the bench at expense of either Feefs or Hunt, probably Hunt.

I reckon Fitzy has been talking to Freddy about Sifa.
See Sifa play a whole lot more minutes, and in the middle, tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
Payten has Dearden at 6, be interesting if he plays full game for QLD, if then he is left out.
There team is no pushover playing with confidence, they have a premiership winning half, who we all remember was crucial element in the Barba try on the GF

Stake Removed

First Grade
If Sifa comes in for Tolman (with a bit of a shuffle to get him starting on an edge perhaps), then that is starting to look pretty shit hot. Although, I don't think that is what will happen unfortunately.

I'm not a Tolman hater and am happy for him to be in the side frequently, but I don't think he makes the best 17 when all are available.
I would have Tolman in 17, just if we get injury to forward early, Hunt & Fifita don't have many minutes in them, and Uele only 2nd game back, I know last week all played but we were down on troops.
I would leave either Hunt or Fifita out

DJDL

Bench
I reckon Fitzy has been talking to Freddy about Sifa.
See Sifa play a whole lot more minutes, and in the middle, tomorrow night.

I’ve kinda had the feeling Sifa’s limited minutes in game 2 was part of a bigger plan. Hold him back unless he’s absolutely needed, then unleash him in game 3.

I’m hoping that’s the case. I’d love to see him carve up tomorrow night.

Cowboys team look very vulnerable if that’s the team that runs out.

I’m sure with the draw they have ( which is a really good one) they are confident they’ll romp it in the top 4 even if they lose to us.

The big worry is that we take them lightly and aren’t switched on and look flat which has happened particularly regularly at away games this year.

There’s a big difference to our home form and away form this season.

Big Bloke

Juniors
The fourth-placed Sharks, following an impressive victory over the Storm, have a chance to claim another high-profile scalp with they travel north to tackle the Cowboys on Friday night.

The Sharks handed in a dominant performance against Melbourne, however the despite the potential inclusion of their regulars in Nicho Hynes, Toby Rudolf and Siosifa Talakai, all three missing from the Storm win, the Cronulla team face a difficult challenge against a high-flying Cowboys outfit currently sitting second on the NRL ladder.

Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon has named Hynes and Rudolf to return, while Talakai, a member of the NSW side to play Queensland tomorrow night, has been selected on an extended bench.

Centre Connor Tracey, outstanding in the Storm match, has retained his place in the Sharks back-line pending the possible availability of Talakai, Andrew Fifita goes from the run-on side onto the interchange bench, with Braydon Trindall on the reserves list.

The only other change for the Sharks sees Teig Wilton come into the starting side in place of Briton Nikora who has been suspended for one match after being charged with dangerous contact.

The Sharks v Cowboys match is scheduled for a 6.00pm kick-off at Queensland Country Bank Stadium on Friday, with the two squads listed below.

1. WILL KENNEDY
2. SIONE KATOA
3. JESSE RAMIEN
4. CONNOR TRACEY
5. RONALDO MULITALO
6. MATT MOYLAN
7. NICHO HYNES
8. TOBY RUDOLF
9. BLAYKE BRAILEY
10. ROYCE HUNT
11. TEIG WILTON
12. WADE GRAHAM (C)
13. DALE FINUCANE

Interchange

14. AIDEN TOLMAN
15. CAM MCINNES
16. BRADEN HAMLIN-UELE
17. ANDREW FIFITA

Reserves

18. BRAYDON TRINDALL
19. JESSE COLQUHOUN
20. KADE DYKES
21. SIOSIFA TALAKAI
22. LACHLAN MILLER

Interesting for the cowboys, the below 4 players are not listed in the team or reserves list, so looks like they have been given a week off.
  • Jeremiah Nanai
  • Jordan McLean
  • Murray Taulagi
  • Valentine Holmes
McLean is injured mate and Taulagi won't have recovered in time with Covid.

I would have Tolman in 17, just if we get injury to forward early, Hunt & Fifita don't have many minutes in them, and Uele only 2nd game back, I know last week all played but we were down on troops.
I would leave either Hunt or Fifita out
Stakey, have you not noticed how much he lifts this team, even in short stints? Did you not see his performance last week?

FMD

bluefox68

Staff member
So - after Talakai’s shocker for NSW - does Fitzy rest him, or give him a chance at redemption…???

bluefox68

Staff member
He had one loose carry BlueFox.

I’m putting only 1/3 of the blame on that Ponga try on him.

Ponga bumps of Luai first and that is where that try starts and ends for mine.

He had a couple of strong Carries and made some solid tackles.
Ha ha - yes - that’s probably my DISAPPOINTMENT at losing…!

I love Talakai!!!!