What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've been told that the mighty magpies have commenced training this evening and the session was a success, so far...Luke Motinelli, Simon Greaves, Trent Rose and James Mortimer (Tim and Daniel's Brother) have signed on.

obviously more to follow.

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
I've been told that the mighty magpies have commenced training this evening and the session was a success, so far...Luke Motinelli, Simon Greaves, Trent Rose and James Mortimer (Tim and Daniel's Brother) have signed on.

WOOHOO!!!! :D :crazy:

Baz James plays half,5/8 can play in centres if need be.. pretty much a utility

Ron Jeremy

Coach

why was it a success? they were able to complete a training session? what do you mean by success? i can just imagine them slapping arses screaming 'woooo we did it! we completed a training session, bring on 2009 wooo':lol:

Nikki

Coach
Oh Christ, not another Mortimer.. Better bring a nice supply of Mortimers Wine boys!!

Nikki

Coach
why was it a success? they were able to complete a training session? what do you mean by success? i can just imagine them slapping arses screaming 'woooo we did it! we completed a training session, bring on 2009 wooo':lol:

Knowing how hard those boys celebrated the Grand Final win, if they were still standing at the end of the training session then it was a success :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member

well I guess you'd never understand wRONg...;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
we can also add..

Jacob Byrne
Ben Taia
Mark O'Grady
Mark Lulland

to the list..

Bazal, I've just been speaking to an ex team mate of James Mortimer's and he reckons he's the pick of the bunch, very quick on his feet than can play five-eight and centre as WC said..

he also said that he'd make a pretty decent first grade winger if he was given the opportunity.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just some further updates on a couple of boys from last years squad.

Matt Raftery - May be playing Rugby but it's not certain with who at this stage.
Alf Betham - uncertain whether he'll be with us at this stage.

Gronk

Staff member
Wynns of change

The Wynn brothers, Peter and Graeme, never got to play together during their illustrious careers with Parramatta and St George respectively, but now their sons, Tim and Nathan, are set to do so after signing with French club Toulouse. Tim played for the Eels' feeder team, Wentworthville, this season and, like his father Peter, is a second-rower, while Nathan was five-eighth for Sydney Bulls in the Jim Beam Cup.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/andrew-webster/2008/11/16/1226770257043.html?page=2

Gronk

Staff member
Storer wants to go Super League
24-Nov-2008 09:06 AM

VODAFONE Fiji Bati hooker James Storer says if given an opportunity to play league outside the National Rugby League (NRL) he will follow the footsteps of Bati winger Semi Tadulala in playing in the Super League.

Storer yesterday said he did not know where his future club would be for the new season but it would not be Cronulla Sharks again.

“I have been told to switch to another club,” he said.

“Right now I don’t know which club but it will not be the same one. They will send me and I will go.”

When asked on which club he preferred to go to within the NRL, Storer said the Parramatta Eels or the New Zealand Warriors would be wonderful.

“It will be nice to play for the New Zealand Warriors or Parramatta because I like the Warriors,” the Lomaloma, Vanuabalavu lad said.

But if he has his way then it will be one of the Europe clubs signing him for the new season.

“It’s always good to play in Europe,” he said.

“There is a lot of money in the Super League and Semi Tadulala must be a lucky guy getting to play there,” he added.

Playing league in Europe in the Super league means more money but Storer does not want to compare money with the Bati.

“I didn’t come here to play for money. If fact I never really expected anything. It was just for my grandparents,” Storer said.

“It’s always good to be appreciated but I never expected league will be treated this way.

“Before the tournament everything was different and we were not even known to the public, but now we are famous in Fiji.”

And now that the Fiji National Rugby League (FNRL) has made it clear that the players will share most of the prize money from the $300,000 they won for reaching the semis, Storer said he wouldn’t have asked but if they would give than he would give it to his grandmother.

“The money that I will receive (if FNRL gives) I will give it to my grandmother …maybe take her for dinner or something,” he added.

He leaves for Australia today.

By ISAAC LAL
http://fijidailypost.com/news.php?section=3&fijidailynews=20429

Captain BF

Juniors
Not sure if this question should be in here but, did Brad Drew eventually sign with Parra/Wenty? I was told he had but i'm hoping he didn't, as much as i was a fan of his 2001 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts