What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
Quote from 60s guy

In a match where all Wenty players produced good performances, best on the field were French and Stone.

I like this Stone. Reckon he deserves a chance soon.
You think that stone is rock solid ?

hindy111

Post Whore
You talk like you're the only one who can see anything in the kid, but others have "liked this Stone" for about three years.

Mr 0.85%

I been calling him for 18mths as a future prospect. Stop beingn a cock smoker.
Guys like 40/20 have more of a clue then me. B ut I am just giving guys who do not get a chance to see these kids play my perspective.Cause some guys tend to overate jnrs....GL was all the hype 12mths ago.He be lucky to ever get a game.
Dunster another who did nothing for me.Goolagon looks a better prospect.
Parry I liked and think will play.

Bazal

Post Whore
I been calling him for 18mths as a future prospect. Stop beingn a c**k smoker.
Guys like 40/20 have more of a clue then me. B ut I am just giving guys who do not get a chance to see these kids play my perspective.Cause some guys tend to overate jnrs....GL was all the hype 12mths ago.He be lucky to ever get a game.
Dunster another who did nothing for me.Goolagon looks a better prospect.
Parry I liked and think will play.

You think you're such an igneous judge of football...

Bazal

Post Whore
These Stone puns aren't rocking along quite as well as the Salmon ones.

I blame Gronk

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In your opinion. I thought Bev played in the halfs because of injurys?
Until this week he did.
Now its to give Hoffman a run.
Hoffman was able to play centre last week. This week Parry and Gennings were there.
You may well be correct that Bev might never play 6 or 7 in the NRL but suggesting Hoffman is ahead of Bev as a back up to Gutho is clutching at straws mate.
Why else would Hoffman have played fullback today?
That said, its how you roll. Bev is being trialed in the halfs. No doubt about it. Ill be interested to hear how he went.
It's possible but unlikely. The guy has only played fullback or wing since he came into the under 20s. He's not a half, and he doesn't have the skillset for a half. But at least against NSW Cup defences there is plenty of room for him to use his running game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was also at the last game at Parra Stadium where he scored 3 trys and absolutely killed it.
Form is temporary talent is forever.
Honestly could you imagine him as The Storms fullback? I really hope if he is lost to us he finds a club that will best suit his talent.
He's definitely good enough to play fullback in the NRL. In a strong enough team he could even win a premiership. But we have Gutherson and he wants to play fullback, where his work rate and footy smarts are most useful.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bench option? He isn't good enough in one position to oust anyone currently in the 17 but if there's a few injuries he can cover quite a few positions. Would like to see more of him in the halves before fully forming that opinion.

Yes, I think there is merit to the idea of him playing 14, tbh.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wentys halves are terrible. Bevan moved there cause our 1-5 are far better options then or 6 and 7 so Bevan in halves helps the team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Stone made 35 tackles and 120mtrs. Fastest play ball speed of forwards.
GJennings broke the most tackles and fastest play ball speed of backs.
Bevan had 3 TAs and 1 LBA

Gronk

Staff member
Stone made 35 tackles and 120mtrs. Fastest play ball speed of forwards.
GJennings broke the most tackles and fastest play ball speed of backs.
Bevan had 3 TAs and 1 LBA
Even a fringe NRL player should dominate reggies.

Latest posts