What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazza

First Grade
First grade has absorbed so much talent from the NSW cup and NYC, no wonder we are struggling in the lower grades!

Chipmunk

Coach
As the NRL team has a bye this weekend, does anyone see any value in playing most of our NRL squad in the Wenty team this weekend? I think quite a few of our players could do with a bit of a confidence booster by playing a weaker opposition. I think we should consider playing Sio, Toutai, Api, Loko, Kelly, Sandow, Keating, Paulo, Ryan and Terepo there. I also think it would be some value to put Pritchard there if we dont send Keating back and give him some more game time. The same could go for Junior Paulo. I think given he has been out for a couple of weeks a stint at Wenty I think also wouldnt do Darcy Lussick any harm. Obviously if any of these players are carrying niggling injuries then a rest might be a better option for them, but if not then send them back.

Anyone else think this is a good option?

Personally I think some of them should go to Wenty and if they dont perform with Wenty then they dont come back.

Eelpout

Juniors
As the NRL team has a bye this weekend, does anyone see any value in playing most of our NRL squad in the Wenty team this weekend? I think quite a few of our players could do with a bit of a confidence booster by playing a weaker opposition. I think we should consider playing Sio, Toutai, Api, Loko, Kelly, Sandow, Keating, Paulo, Ryan and Terepo there. I also think it would be some value to put Pritchard there if we dont send Keating back and give him some more game time. The same could go for Junior Paulo. I think given he has been out for a couple of weeks a stint at Wenty I think also wouldnt do Darcy Lussick any harm. Obviously if any of these players are carrying niggling injuries then a rest might be a better option for them, but if not then send them back.

Anyone else think this is a good option?

Personally I think some of them should go to Wenty and if they dont perform with Wenty then they dont come back.

I think this is a valid point, yet I don't see it happening as it may dent the confidence of a few players when the media gets a hold of it.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think this is a valid point, yet I don't see it happening as it may dent the confidence of a few players when the media gets a hold of it.

I think there is plenty of reasons why it wont happen. Also given that Wenty play on Sunday and our next game is on a Friday night it is unlikely to occur. I think you could difuse any media issues by being upfront and saying no one is dropped, the players just need to play more games and more games together to improve. Realistically the only ones I wouldnt play would be Mannah and Fui and anyone that was carrying any niggling injuries. If virtually the whole team played I think it would be of great benefit.

I think there is plenty of reasons why it wont happen. Also given that Wenty play on Sunday and our next game is on a Friday night it is unlikely to occur. I think you could difuse any media issues by being upfront and saying no one is dropped, the players just need to play more games and more games together to improve. Realistically the only ones I wouldnt play would be Mannah and Fui and anyone that was carrying any niggling injuries. If virtually the whole team played I think it would be of great benefit.

And Super Morgs. Apparently he isn't allowed to play with the first grade guys anymore.

jason taylor

Bench
1. Jarome MacKenzie
2. Semi Radradra
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Dylon Gilbert
5. Cheyse Blair
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brendan Waters
8. Junior Paulo
9. Kaysa Pritchard
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Ben Smith
12. Pauli Pauli
13. Pat O’Hanlon
Interchange:
14. Dean Parata
15. Matthew Eisenhuth
16. Daniel Harrison
17. Kenny Edwards
19. Nathan Smith
20. Danny Howard
21. Lorenzo Ma-afu

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Round-12-Wentworthville-Team-List/75816

So Morgs can't even get a start at Wenty now? He must have killed Ricky's dog.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He either picked up an injury from last Sunday or being saved for Friday week... Lets hope it's the later

Status
Not open for further replies.