What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I've noticed ABC starting to be a lot friendlier to League, I'm guessing cause Albo is a passionate Souths man.
That`s a really interesting observation because I`ve noticed a more positive vibe as well especially with the way the game seems to be attracting more sponsors.
There`s no question the football has been irresistible this year but I think that is just the cherry on top, I think it runs deeper than that.
I`d make a couple of points:
1) there has been an air of excitement this year with the Dolphins coming in and it has been a bit of a fairy tale story, very hard not to know about it, even if you`re a casual or non-League fan;
2) possibly the success and attractiveness of the Women`s comp has made some of these lefty League hating feminazis on the ABC look at League in a different light; possibly help them to understand it`s a tough game, the blokes who play it are tough but not all thugs, the women are making the men look better, you might say humanising them;
3) we still have our scandals, no Jarryd Hayne or Jack De Belin level stuff though thankfully, but I was wondering this lately having noticed as well, what you`ve observed, and this is a long shot, are people and sponsors who previously looked down on League a little less judgemental with the occasional minor scandal as well;
Summing up, I`d noticed the same thing as you, hopefully we can keep it up and we get a bit of that 80`s feel good vibe about the game where players appeared regularly in the social pages and it was almost hip to follow League, well certainly not a dirty little secret.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I've noticed ABC starting to be a lot friendlier to League, I'm guessing cause Albo is a passionate Souths man.
The world`s gone mad. Just watching the ABC 7. o`clock News and Juanita Phillips, second story in, combining a story on the State election with `Parra`s greatest Fan` sitting in his garage, his " Parracave", discussing the election and trying to appear enthusiastic about his collection of Parra related paraphernalia, no pun intended. What`s going on !!

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Rugby League getting a fair bit of coverage today. Poor Ryan Hoffman though having to sit with these fart sniffers wanking on for 10 minutes about some decision in an AFL game.
I remember at my first job the boss told me the three things that all blokes do :
1) pick your nose;
2) look at your shit;
3) smell your own farts.
So be careful now, you`re trying to humanise them.

docbrown

Coach
Can’t remember which show but might have been 7:30 had a story about a Sri Lankan Rugby League team in western Sydney getting help from the eels.
A refreshing change from the usual Auburn women’s AFL team with everyone in hijabs or AFL “liberating“ children in South African townships
Those poor South African kids been through enough!

Latest posts