What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh StgImboMan, where art thou StgImboMan?

Chook

First Grade
I haven't seen any reports about Finch being partly to blame for Friday night? I hope you haven't given up yet?

Oh and if you've been too busy writing to the powers about Finchy that you haven't seen a score update, Melbourne 34 - Dragons 6.

Hey, maybe Finchy is partly to blame for your defeat too? Maybe he's part of the big conspiracy to make your team look like a bunch of coachless halfwits?

You should look into it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chook.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Chook said:
I haven't seen any reports about Finch being partly to blame for Friday night? I hope you haven't given up yet?

Oh and if you've been too busy writing to the powers about Finchy that you haven't seen a score update, Melbourne 34 - Dragons 6.

Hey, maybe Finchy is partly to blame for your defeat too? Maybe he's part of the big conspiracy to make your team look like a bunch of coachless halfwits?

Chook.

Well Crook, Scott Sattler is my Favourite player. The Panthers are the premiers. It's round 3, and once again, you and your cronies have gone all cockahoop.

Do u remember what happens to the March Champions ???

BTW, The Fat lady has not sung yet, and as a special incentive, you have pushed me to the point where i will be asking for any Enquiry into the Finch Incident.

Beware..

Ribs

Bench
Seems as though you have been getting under their thin skin Stgillaman, everytime we lose they come in here giggling..........

Trolling team forums after a loss is pretty pathetic girls, really.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I'm getting pretty sick of all these shitty threads & the childish name-calling...

Some people have to grow up.

Threads will be locked.

Cheers,
Ben S.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
I'm getting pretty sick of all these shitty threads & the childish name-calling...

Some people have to grow up.

Threads will be locked.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Mate, im sick of it, they go in packs, Chook, RLE, Ozzie, Stsae, Lemon, sretsoor & one other Runners up fan, and they go at it like chooks with no heads. Continual Lies, and they can not handle what I have to say.
I wont stand for their shit. Sorry.

Anonymous

Juniors
Guys, I can tell you that a quick tour of other forum sections will show the 'locals' whinge about it too. This leads to moderators locking threads and deleting stuff. I'd like to think that we can do better than that.

I'm not saying that we put up with repetitive threads about the same subject matter nor should we put up with abusive crap. But IMO, we shouldn't worry about stirrers.
They come and go with every round and the noises they make depend on how their team is going.

Except for the likes of Jimbo who never makes any sense regardless of the result. :lol:

Chook

First Grade
Stgillaman said:
Chook said:

Chook.

Well Crook, Scott Sattler is my Favourite player. The Panthers are the premiers. It's round 3, and once again, you and your cronies have gone all cockahoop.

Do u remember what happens to the March Champions ???

BTW, The Fat lady has not sung yet, and as a special incentive, you have pushed me to the point where i will be asking for any Enquiry into the Finch Incident.

Beware..

I can't wait to see the headlines :lol: :lol:

Chook.

P.S your fav player is Scott Sattler eh? Given up on your dragon players already? Not that anyone would blame you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Personally, I admire a lot of players from other teams, including Easts and Sharks. I think it has something to do appreciating the game of rugby league.

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:
Except for the likes of Jimbo who never makes any sense regardless of the result.

Well communication is usually judged by whether the recipient can interpret the message as it was intended.

I'm obviously using too many grown-up words, which is why Willow can't understand...

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Chook said:

Chook.

LOL... you asked for it. Well here it is, Care to say your wrong. AGAIN.

Don't do your bottle: NRL cautions Roosters star
By Steve Mascord, Brad Walter and Jacquelin Magnay
April 1, 2004

Print this article
Email to a friend

The NRL last night issued Sydney Roosters halfback Brett Finch with a stern caution for throwing a bottle towards the crowd on Friday at Aussie Stadium and warned players that they won't get off so lightly next time.

Police raised the incident with the NRL and the Roosters after viewing video footage of Finch throwing a plastic bottle during Friday night's game against the Bulldogs, which was marred by crowd trouble.

Roosters CEO Brian Canavan phoned Finch in the presence of other club bosses to discuss the incident during yesterday's chief executives' conference in Sydney.

"It was made clear to Brian that if a player did it next time, there would be a penalty," NRL media and communications manager John Brady said.

The warning came after an eventful gathering of clubs at which:  the 15 franchises told the players' association they had lost patience with negotiations and would make only one more offer over a collective bargaining agreement;  an extensive program to improve the game's relationship with women was unveiled:  the timekeeping system was scrapped after recent bungles.

advertisement

advertisement

It is understood Bulldogs officials were angry that Finch escaped with a warning while their club has been given a suspended penalty of four competition points for their fans' behaviour.

Canavan last night said it was "doubtful" the bottle thrown by Finch after he dropped the ball went near the crowd, while the 22-year-old playmaker's agent, Steve Gillis, insisted he had merely wanted to remove the object from the field.

"Brett's not the guilty party here, it's the person who threw the bottle onto the field that they should be looking at," Gillis said.

"The bottle landed about a foot away from him as he tried to catch the kick-off. It could have easily hit him in the back of the head. I think the player is well within his rights to remove the object from the playing surface. He didn't throw it over the fence, it went just behind the deadball line."

But a witness claimed on Sydney radio station 2SM that Finch had earlier hurled back into the crowd a bottle which narrowly missed a young female Bulldogs supporter and which prompted a hail of missiles in his direction.

"After the Roosters scored to make it 31-0, Brett Finch picked up a bottle which landed near him and threw it straight back into the Bulldogs fans," Stephen Duckitt, 23 of Concord, later told the Herald.

"He didn't aim at anyone in particular but it almost hit a young Bulldogs fan who was a female before it was knocked away by someone else. There were then a lot of bottles thrown in Brett's direction by the crowd."

Meanwhile, Penrith boss Shane Richardson said the clubs were at the end of their tether in talks with the Rugby League Professionals Association. "Our clubs are registering enormous losses and the players' association still wants more," Richardson said. "We have made our final offer. It includes significant concessions - though not what they are asking for - and we will not go any further. To do so would be financial suicide."

The NRL will spend $1 million on player welfare and eduction programs to improve relations with the community and women in particular. A research program has also been commissioned.

And the CEOs endorsed the player misbehaviour hotline (1300 360 364) for the public. "It's unfortunate in one way that some issues we have been working on for some time will now be seen as reactive rather than proactive but the commitment is there nevertheless," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

The CEOs meeting also announced that having voluntary timekeepers from each club sitting next to each other during a match would cease. The NRL will now appoint timekeepers.

Bulldogs chairman George Peponis said his club would look at the detail and then respond to the Roosters' request for just under $8000 in compensation for last Friday's events

Southernsaint

Staff member
Chook has been officially Rocked :lol:

Don't expect an apology or acknowledgement, Stgillaman...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Roosterphin

Juniors
St Imbo man...chook never said that you were wrong because you said Finch threw the bottle....he said you were wrong becuase you said Finch was partly to blame. And you are....if he didnt throw the bottle there was still going to be a riot.

Ribs

Bench
ahh ha ha ha roosterphin you shouldnt have bothered. Its pretty obvious that he made a total dick out of himself.

"I haven't seen any reports about Finch being partly to blame for Friday night"

He posted just that, so f*ck off.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Ribs said:
ahh ha ha ha roosterphin you shouldnt have bothered. Its pretty obvious that he made a total dick out of himself.

"I haven't seen any reports about Finch being partly to blame for Friday night"

He posted just that, so f*ck off.

Easy now keyboard hero

Ribs

Bench
I take it back actually. Stick around and make dicks of yourselves some more.