What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old School Special Effects.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not so much 'old school special effects', but more 'behind the scenes / making of', I was fortunate enough to be staying in an inexpensive backpackers in Vancouver in 2017, and right outside they were filming a scene for 'Deadpool 2', so somewhere on my laptop I have a number of photos and videos I took one night from the 3rd or 4th floor.

I tell ya, making movies takes a LONG time. I watched them until about 2am and for all those hours they spent doing that one part of a scene, it's only something like 10 seconds in the movie.

For those who know the movie, it's the scene near the start after his wife is killed and he jumps out the window. From where he's on the road below, nearly hit by a car, and charges into another car, those few seconds are the ones I saw being filmed.

There is a scene in Two Hands where a persons gets run over, its about 35 mins into the movie,it was filmed outside where i worked at Waterloo at the time, the scene was only a couple of seconds but it was shot over and over again for days, i got sick of seeing the dummy get hit buy the car.

Munky

Coach
Light and Maguc on Disney Plus is most excellent.

Only two episodes in but really in depth with great historical footage and modern interviews with all the major players in blockbuster cinema since the mid 70s.

Latest posts