What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O'Meley charged

Kaz

junior
I think Fitzy should have been charged.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11400786-23210,00.html

KANGAROOS prop Mark O'Meley will face a disciplinary panel on Wednesday after being charged with striking following an incident in the Tri Nations rugby league Test against great Britain on Saturday.

O'Meley, who was on debut for the Kangaroos, was charged with striking after he sparked a melee late in the 24-12 Lions win.

However, team-mate Craig Fitzgibbon has been cleared of any wrong-doing after an altercation with Great Britain lock Paul Sculthorpe which led to the brawl.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's a consipracy

Bennett made him get charged so he wouldn't get shat on from dumping him

Sorry had to get in with that 1st :lol:

Kaz

junior
The way O'Meley was fighting is probably why Bennett didn't pick him at the start. :lol:

Martli

Coach
I think the fact that he came in just for a fight is why he was charged and not Fitzy.

Azkatro

First Grade
Fitzgibbon's actions were dumb, but they were pretty soft and out of frustration more than anything. The blokes got up and a few others came in and settled things down. It was O'Meley who flared up and turned it into a bit of a biff session, and I'd say that's where his guilt lies.

skeepe

Immortal
How Fitzgibbon was cleared is, frankly, beyond belief. It seems that it's ok to elbow someone in the face while they are defenceless, but not to throw a few punches in a fight.

Dogaholic

First Grade
If you actually saw the incident you will notice that O'Meley had come in to pull player's away. A few punches were thrown and that's when he flared things up!

The way O'Meley was fighting is probably why Bennett didn't pick him at the start.

You may be right. But if the team was selected on merit, talent, and form then O'Meley would be the first one picked!

Broncodroid

Juniors
As Mark Geyer has come out and said, if Adrian Morley got only one week for nearly decapitating Robbie Kearns (which knocked him out) last season on the 2003 tour, Mark O'Meley for 'joining a melee' should be slapped on the wrist and given a warning not suspended.

Let's not take our international judicial process to the levels of AFL where players are reprimanded for 'sticking up for a teammate'. Mark is a natural enforcer who does not hesitate in sticking up for a fellow player as all good props should do. This was a Test match and frustrations spilt over...leave it at that and let's look forward to the upcoming final in a couple weeks time.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yet Fitzgibbon gets nothing. What a disgrace. One set of rules for Roosters, another set for everyone else :evil:

RB30DETT

Juniors
disco1 said:
O'Meley fights like a girl, he should have been put on report for that alone!

Hard to fight when the opposition has players holding you back, so that one of the cats can scratch you. :roll:

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think Fitzgibbon's actions were unwarrented and he should have been charged for them, I don't care if it was in the heat of the moment.

disco1

Juniors
RB30DETT said:
disco1 said:

Hard to fight when the opposition has players holding you back, so that one of the cats can scratch you. :roll:

Enough of the Aussie excuses, your new tough guy has been shown to be a complete woman. Can you imagine if he had tried the same thing with the tougher members of our squad like Mozza or Fielden #-o :shock: :shock:

Nookster

Juniors
Broncodroid said:
As Mark Geyer has come out and said, if Adrian Morley got only one week for nearly decapitating Robbie Kearns (which knocked him out) last season on the 2003 tour, Mark O'Meley for 'joining a melee' should be slapped on the wrist and given a warning not suspended.

The difference being Morley was sent off and rightly so. If O'Meley had been binned at the time i dont think anyone would have been discussing this now. If he gets one game then so what he's still available for the final and everyone will probably feel ok about it. At the end of the day it was a test match and everyone is hyped up it was something and nothing and he probably acted out of frustration.

stubbsie

Juniors
I dont even think fitzigbon should be in the side yes he was a workhorse in origin but that is only because gould didn't take him off. I think the Australians have enough of those kind of players e.g hindmarsh and buderus and they have a lot more ability that fitzgibon. He is always giving away penalties and is just stereotype backrower thats makes tackles and runs and thats all he does and he hasn't stepped up this series.

ledzep

Bench
stubbsie said:
I dont even think fitzigbon should be in the side yes he was a workhorse in origin but that is only because gould didn't take him off. I think the Australians have enough of those kind of players e.g hindmarsh and buderus and they have a lot more ability that fitzgibon.
by that logic, wing should be put in ahead of buderus, as australia already have enough of those kind of players, and wing has a lot more game-turning abililty than "bedsy"

RB30DETT

Juniors
disco1 said:
RB30DETT said:
disco1 said:

Enough of the Aussie excuses, your new tough guy has been shown to be a complete woman. Can you imagine if he had tried the same thing with the tougher members of our squad like Mozza or Fielden #-o :shock: :shock:

Fielden was in there, throwing punches at O'Meley from behind, then he got pulled out of it by Willie Tonga, so that blows your theory out the water doesnt it. :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
disco1 said:
RB30DETT said:
disco1 said:

O'Meley was having a field day against you tea drinking women. Clutching at straws when ever they tried to tackle him. You can't stop THE OGRE!!!

Latest posts