What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On a Wing and a Prayer

roostergirl

Juniors
Great article legend :)

My only thought is that Wing has a huge impact coming off the bench....one of the reasons why Bedsey was named starting Hooker & not Wing, even though Wingy is currently playing heaps better.

I was dribbling something similar, after a few beers, to Gus last Sunday nite at Easts leagues lol.

salivor

First Grade
Legend was on about this, this morning to me. I admit Anasta was shakey last night. I think his kicking game went off when frustration started to creep in. There probably is a bit of a question mark on him in big games.

I think he will front up at 5/8 though. Gould has already come out and said Anasta is basically assured of it. As you said rg, Wing is a great prospect off the bench. NSW don't have many weapons this year and Wing could be crucial coming on and running rings around tired forwards.

legend

Coach
IMO, the Blues (and Roosters) chances rest on the form of Craig Wing more so than any other player, including Johns.

Wing and Lockyer are currently the most dangerous players in the game and Anasta has shown he is just not up to rep football standard (yet).

Wing is one of the fastest players in the game and he can swerve just like Lockyer and if he gets around one of the big Qld forwards, I don't think even Lockyer could contain him one on one.

IMO, if NSW wants to win the series, and i'm not sure they do, thenCraig Wing must start in the number six jersey.

melon....

Coach
legend said:
IMO, the Blues (and Roosters) chances rest on the form of Craig Wing more so than any other player, including Johns.

Wing and Lockyer are currently the most dangerous players in the game and Anasta has shown he is just not up to rep football standard (yet).

Wing is one of the fastest players in the game and he can swerve just like Lockyer and if he gets around one of the big Qld forwards, I don't think even Lockyer could contain him one on one.

IMO, if NSW wants to win the series, and i'm not sure they do, thenCraig Wing must start in the number six jersey.

It wont happen.....I agree with your sentiments, but no way. Ego IS a dirty word.

kaon

Juniors
Craig Wing has certainly developed into a fine player under Ricky Stuart but does anyone still think he is a better 5/8 than half? His running sure suggests it.

Latest posts