What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the Positive Side...

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Trying to be positive....
- Great to see the Sharks tough it out: I 'm struggling to remember the last time we fought back from 18-0 down;
- The team at least tried...showed ticker...etc;
- Young guys like Simmons (yes, Simmons) definitely appear up to this level;
- We have depth with Vagana, Gallen & co to come back;
- The Premier League team is winning a game or two;

With a bit of luck we could have won tonight. Having said that, why were we 18-0 down to start with? Why are we stuck on 1 win for the season?

I left the game with a bit of confidence for the future. I sincerely hope that confidence is warranted.

C'mon boys: get some points soon!!

millersnose

Post Whore
defintaely the best game the sharks played this year

the roosters were awesome in defense and it was great to see some heart to get back in the game

that was a big improvement

wattsy32

Juniors
No Im with you Mr Shark. After watching St Georgie Scum get smashed against the Knights they shut shop at half time, at 18-0 down i thought we would too but we showed ticker, we didnt finish off the game i know but atleast the scoreline didnt reflect a cricket score.

I know some will say weather they won by 100 or they won by 1 its still a win to them, but i would rather lose by us going down swinging!

Mr. Shark said:
Trying to be positive....
- Great to see the Sharks tough it out: I 'm struggling to remember the last time we fought back from 18-0 down;
- The team at least tried...showed ticker...etc;
- Young guys like Simmons (yes, Simmons) definitely appear up to this level;
- We have depth with Vagana, Gallen & co to come back;
- The Premier League team is winning a game or two;

With a bit of luck we could have won tonight. Having said that, why were we 18-0 down to start with? Why are we stuck on 1 win for the season?

I left the game with a bit of confidence for the future. I sincerely hope that confidence is warranted.

C'mon boys: get some points soon!!

Here we go again, they tried, players seem to be upto the level, lets break it down, the Roosters had only 15 players from about 30 mins and 14 players at 68 mins, so we couldnt beat a team struggling for players.

Our kicking game was crap again, Kimmorley kicks out on the full, Dykes kicks 2 straight to Minichello, another over dead ball line when should have passed it, then when should have kicked gets tackled from dummy half on last.

Our outside backs including the fullback hardly take pressure off the forwards, ie Mini was doing hit ups for the roosters, Simmons should be doing the same.

Simmons continues to stop when gets to defensive, instead of putting his body on the line

fatshark

Bench
They tried and failed. They thought they had the game won at 18 all. Darren Mapp lost us the game on the miss tackle on Finch.

Sharkie73

Bench
Best game of the year by far. Next week we should have Gallen and Vagana back,we should see Pomeroy in the centres instead of Bailey as well.

mr_sharks

Juniors
FFS there is no pleasing some people. I'm happy with the effort the guys put in. Albert needs to get more involved and hopefully this will happen when Vagana gets back. BTW How the f**k didn't Albert set up a try in the first half - dead set bombed it.

Sharkie73

Bench
MilitaryShark said:
Raper will keep bailey there, you wait and see
Don't think so mate Pom had a strong game in PL and I belive there been waiting for him to get back onto the field.

bull shark

Juniors
Just finished watchig it on Foxtel. My overall impression:
Not one player played badly - most did someting silly at some point but all did something great at some point - main problem was the lack of team cohesion.
I think there are lots of really good signs. We've only won 1 out of 4 and that's sh*t. But we haven't lost any game by more than 4.

With Gallen, Vagana and Pomeroy to come back I wouldn't write us off yet - especially getting Bailey out of the centres

With Marshall out we're a genuine chance against the Tiges next week.

BTW - the penalty that led to the final Roosters try - why did Latu get penalised? I couldn't see anything wrong with what he did.

BWNB

First Grade
prob get hounded for this but in the final 20 mins i did think simmo was running at the line harder as were the rest of the guys
good signs we are due next week we shall deliver .
We have lost 3 games by less than 4 points and won one game by 2 points at least we are in the contest , things will only get bette.r

Inferno

Coach
I was more pissed off with Ashley Harrison's try at first because I thought he was offside and he didn't even throw it up to the video ref.

That and the fact 2 trys were blown in the dying minutes.

1 by Dykes and 1 by Noddy.

Card Shark

Immortal
Been There - this thread reminds me of your name.

I have had it with being "postive".

I have been positive since '78.

sladden road

Juniors
on the positve side

at least the hooley dooleys are at the next home game..
my 2 year old will love it.

Latest posts