What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

once again Ch9 ignores Rugby League out sode NSW and QLD re Origin

j5o6hn

Juniors
I see that joke of a TV channel 9 has decided to push the State or Origin back to 10.30 it will be on Pay at 8 30,how much longer are we going to have to put up with 9 Perths and Sydney treatment of RL out side NSW and QLD.
Why cant Pay show it live or one of the other channels 9 has show it live,the sooner the pricks at 9 are forced to stop warehousing or hopefully lose Rugby League altogether the better.
9s treatment of League,aided and abetted by the NRLs weak attitude to 9 does not help

Perth Red

Post Whore
Roll on 2013 and Ch10 getting the rights! Ch9 Perth can frick right off, they have shown their contempt for the game and I hope they go bust!

Nuke

Staff member
Even that's poor considering I think they've shown it live the past few years.
On another topic: Imparja, I love you..!

Nuke

Staff member
I daresay Ch9 Perth's ear will be to the ground in the coming days too. I can think of many times when they've shafted us WA League supporters with dud timeslots, then threatened legal action against any clubs and pubs who show the game before they do (ie: live via Imparja or that ABC international station who's name escapes me). I would think Foxtel won't show the game until about 8pm (after Ch9 over east have finished their broadcast), so yeah, THANKS Ch9 Perth. D**kheads.

IanG

Coach
Goes to show just what contempt they have for Sport really. Don't even get me started on their Cricket World Cup coverage

gallagher

Juniors
Even that's poor considering I think they've shown it live the past few years.
On another topic: Imparja, I love you..!
Yep, love my imparja!!!. If nine do lose the rights does that mean Imparja will too? I notice theres no AFL on Imparja, so it makes me wonder if Ten/7 wouldnt on sell to them.

jargan83

Coach
Again Channel 9 shafts RL by showing the game of the year at a ridiculous timeslot - even Victoria are showing it live.

I know many West Australians who are diehard AFL supporters who have developed a casual interest in RL though State of Origin, some have even started adopting NRL sides after really enjoying SoO

How does one get Imparja?

Mate of mine got an Imparja box last year - think he got it from "The Mod Shop" sorry I don't remember the suburb

A quick Google search shows one in Belmont so probably there

Nuke

Staff member
Yep, love my imparja!!!. If nine do lose the rights does that mean Imparja will too? I notice theres no AFL on Imparja, so it makes me wonder if Ten/7 wouldnt on sell to them.

Yeah, I suppose that's what it would mean. Imparja would lose the rights too. I do notice, however, that Imparja has the odd Ch10 show on it, so if Ch10 get it, then there's a chance Imparja could still show it. If Ch7 get the rights, then there's always Seven Central (or whatever it's called ... it's another station that comes with your Imparja card).

But, I would hope that whichever station buys the rights off Ch9 (if indeed that's what happens), they're gonna give us good timeslots and coverage over here anyway, so the need for the Imparja network wouldn't really be there for us in WA ... unless you like watching SBS shows or ABC shows 2hrs early! :lol:

I read in one of the major WA newspapers a month or so ago (I think it was a weekday West Australian) that the aussie rules didn't get as much money as they hoped to get from their recent tv deal as two of the free-to-air networks (Ch7 & Ch10 stick in my mind here) were more intent on getting the NRL rights, so didn't offer as much to AFL. I remember laughing at the article because the journo who wrote it appeared astounded that the NRL was the hotter product up for grabs. I don't think he could fathom the fact that not one, but two networks were going to be seriously bidding to get the rights of another sport than AFL!

j5o6hn

Juniors
What you have to remember about the West is that in the Sports dept its a bit of a sheltered workshop for WA sports Journalists who know very little about anything other than AFL.
They are brainwashed from an early age here,they can drag AFL into any conversation, news story AFL is constant on Radio and Comical TV,the amount of publicity AFL get 24 hrs a day 7 days a week year in year out is amazing you literally cant avoid it

jargan83

Coach
I have just read that SoO will be beamed live on Fox Sports in the US

Origin beamed to US
Meanwhile, Russell Crowe has helped broker a television deal to beam the Origin series live to 40 million viewers in the United States.
American sports giant Fox Sports will televise all three clashes, as well as the NRL grand final. The announcement follows a broadcast deal struck with the assistance of Hollywood actor Crowe, the co-owner of the South Sydney Rabbitohs, between the NRL and head of Fox Sports David Hill.
The deal sees the United States join the UK, Pacific Islands, Canada, north Africa and the Middle East, central and southern Africa and parts of Asia in broadcasting the Origin Series live.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/25/3226042.htm?site=sport&section=all

Alehana

Juniors
http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/crowe-beam-origin-millions-us-viewers-4187602

The deals sees the United States join the UK, Pacific Islands, Canada, north Africa and the Middle East, central and southern Africa and parts of Asia in broadcasting the Origin Series live.

well how about that? some Eqyptian or Palestinian guy can watch SOO live then go protest! we have to protest, then wait another 12 hours to watch SOO. what an absolute disgrace!

BDGS

Bench
I read in one of the major WA newspapers a month or so ago (I think it was a weekday West Australian) that the aussie rules didn't get as much money as they hoped to get from their recent tv deal as two of the free-to-air networks (Ch7 & Ch10 stick in my mind here) were more intent on getting the NRL rights, so didn't offer as much to AFL. I remember laughing at the article because the journo who wrote it appeared astounded that the NRL was the hotter product up for grabs. I don't think he could fathom the fact that not one, but two networks were going to be seriously bidding to get the rights of another sport than AFL!

If possible, i would love a source (if any) to that.

Latest posts