What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once again - Poor Refereeing

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
So they had 2 on-field referees, 2 sideline referees and a guy in the million dollar bunker and now one saw what most at home could see. How bad is the game getting.

Also the first half refereeing for the 10m rule was very one sided.

Melbourne deserved to win, but the referees got influenced by the location and crowd.

possm

Coach
Happen to sharks , they deserved it.

The Sharks are way down the list of teams that I respect however, on this occasion it is not the case the because they are the Sharks that they deserve it. It is more the case that it was the team opposing the Storm.

There are too many 'referee mistakes' that just happen to go in favour of the Storm. I call corruption not mistakes and this needs to be weeded out of our game.

Dragons4me

Juniors
I don't know.
Complaints about refereeing nowadays occur because the actual game has more scrutiny by everyone than in previous years. Every aspect is under the microscope. Additionally forums give everyone an instant mouthpiece. Not saying that's bad but I wonder what comments would result for a game of say 20 years ago under today's scrutiny?

possm

Coach
I don't know.
Complaints about refereeing nowadays occur because the actual game has more scrutiny by everyone than in previous years. Every aspect is under the microscope. Additionally forums give everyone an instant mouthpiece. Not saying that's bad but I wonder what comments would result for a game of say 20 years ago under today's scrutiny?

I don't believe that is a good excuse. Some teams seem to get the ref's rub of the green when it matters and the same teams get the favourable decisions from the judiciary. Also these very same teams seem to get a pass on TPA's and salary cap management.

Drag Queen

Bench
God I hope Souths can ambush the RoRters
The chance is more than good
Burgess bros to put the cleaners through them
GI to have a blinder
Reynolds to kick 4 FGs
Also the Roosters will be missing Latrell and Napa. Souths have every chance of taking out this game.

SaintPeter

Juniors
I agree with Possm.
Too many decisions go in favor of the Melbourne Storm?

Its been obvious for years that the NRL want the franchise to succeed.

Its (very) hard to watch a Melbourne game because you know the first three/four/five penalties will always go to Melbourne.
Chanel nine don't shown the penalty count during the game any more?

BLM01

First Grade
Sutton being favourite to Sutton refs boss..say no more. If that is not a conflict of interest. Those 2 out there last night were the worst pair out of Week 1 of the finals. Actually Ash Klein who does tonight was the 2nd worst pair...go figure
But that try where Fifita was scuffling with Bromwich Cummins who was next to the scuffle said stop with his hand up before the play the ball of the Smith to Slater try then Cronulla focussed on that. Should of been no try but penalty to Storm..2 points only.
But Cronulla were never in it..penalties...or not. Home ground advantage, crowd noise and ref influencing has been going on since 1908. Anyone who rates Townsend or Moylan in fact better than Hunt needs to watch that game gain. Where is the Townsend bashing for his pop gun kicking and attacking game in clutch moments. Yeh..that's right Benny is overpaid on 1.2 mill a season.so the media tell me..his fault he held a gun to Doust's head for that salary.

Bench
I hate the sharpies so I was going for the storm, I hate them also. I hope Bunnies destroy the rosters and then Souths wallop the storm.

dannyt

Coach
Sutton being favourite to Sutton refs boss..say no more. If that is not a conflict of interest. Those 2 out there last night were the worst pair out of Week 1 of the finals. Actually Ash Klein who does tonight was the 2nd worst pair...go figure
But that try where Fifita was scuffling with Bromwich Cummins who was next to the scuffle said stop with his hand up before the play the ball of the Smith to Slater try then Cronulla focussed on that. Should of been no try but penalty to Storm..2 points only.
But Cronulla were never in it..penalties...or not. Home ground advantage, crowd noise and ref influencing has been going on since 1908. Anyone who rates Townsend or Moylan in fact better than Hunt needs to watch that game gain. Where is the Townsend bashing for his pop gun kicking and attacking game in clutch moments. Yeh..that's right Benny is overpaid on 1.2 mill a season.so the media tell me..his fault he held a gun to Doust's head for that salary.
Benny is suffering from being one of our own, and the media hates us.

F@#% em all. Benny is ours. He's being paid a reasonable wage for what he brings. Last week was one play poorly executed. The media will always hate.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Considering the boorish behaviour of Souths’ fans last week, I hope their side gets torn a new one.

Elsewhere, the refereeing has been atrocious all year. There’s nothing new there.

ouryears

Bench
When you watch the outrageous refereeing decisions in some games, what you say is the only thing that makes sense.
The trouble is guys, when we watch how our own coach makes outrageous team decisions the only thing that makes sense is he is on someone’s pay packet, or is it just some people are totally incompetent, coaches, players and referees.