What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Day World Cup 2023

Warriors management must be low key happy about the Rugby. Really sets the stage for more disgruntled union fans to jump on the Wahs bandwagon
100%

I was thinking about this the other day. Now would be a great time for NZRL to pump the hell outta the game in Hamilton this week then after that for the Warriors to go nuts promoting RTS coming back. Good time to get the Yawnion fans while they are down

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
100%

I was thinking about this the other day. Now would be a great time for NZRL to pump the hell outta the game in Hamilton this week then after that for the Warriors to go nuts promoting RTS coming back. Good time to get the Yawnion fans while they are down
I’d be trying to sign some union players too. Imagine Talea, Savea or Frizell in a Warriors jersey.

JJ

Immortal
My take is that people are not disenchanted with the All Blacks, quite the reverse - not really sensing an opportunity here - but if the Warriors keep playing well, there could be - with the retirements and new coach there will be a transition for the All Blacks, but there's a quality core there...

The talent is huge though, the wings, centres, loose forwards all would potentially be good at league, no question. Things to learn, but even from many years ago with the great Michael O'Connor and Ray Price, we know top level talent goes well (understatement with those two)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don’t think it’s disenchantment with the All Blacks as such but there’s gotta be some disenchantment with the current state of rules and officiating in rugby.

Izz

Bench
I watched the quarter final versus Ireland and the final. First union games I've watched in years. I felt tension due to how tight the games were but I didn't feel enjoyment. Everything seemed to run in slow motion and the rules and officiating felt like a mess.

I do feel sorry for Wayne Barnes, though. What's the point of him even being on the field if the TMO gets to make all the decisions?

JJ

Immortal
I watched the quarter final versus Ireland and the final. First union games I've watched in years. I felt tension due to how tight the games were but I didn't feel enjoyment. Everything seemed to run in slow motion and the rules and officiating felt like a mess.

I do feel sorry for Wayne Barnes, though. What's the point of him even being on the field if the TMO gets to make all the decisions?
Agree with all this

and Kiwis need to grow up a bit, every rugby World Cup we haven’t won has been the fault of someone else… pretty immature, actually obnoxious

Barnes did nothing wrong, the TMO was annoying but the reality is the rules are incredibly complex… and even in a comparatively simple (not in a pejorative sense) set of rules like league, the bunker still results in controversy…

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
In the end is it not about the lad wanting the All Blacks, not sure the right word, prestige, respect, not sure, or become a league legend and win the first Warriors premiership.

I doubt money is a factor for a young bloke.

As for already been an All Black, challenge yourselves pussies.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not know many Union players, but Richie McCaw, I doubt he ever has too pay for a beer or a feed. Gorden Tallis never does, well except in St. George.

JJ

Immortal
In the end is it not about the lad wanting the All Blacks, not sure the right word, prestige, respect, not sure, or become a league legend and win the first Warriors premiership.

I doubt money is a factor for a young bloke.

As for already been an All Black, challenge yourselves pussies.
I don’t think the pinnacle of the All Blacks will ever change that tbh, I had hoped it would but it’s deeply ingrained, like cricket in Straya, but probably even more so

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I don’t think the pinnacle of the All Blacks will ever change that tbh, I had hoped it would but it’s deeply ingrained, like cricket in Straya, but probably even more so
Well the Prime Minister is second only to the Australian cricket captain..

Well I will always love Stacey Jones.

JJ

Immortal
TBH Mathews was f**king around far too much - I don't like the dismissal, but if cricket has these rules then shit is going to happen

f**king Big Show - what an innings, drags/blasts carries Aust to a remarkable win - they were so f**ked

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Still need things to go our away (weather holds for the Sri Lanka game and we actually beat them) but Maxwell may well have saved NZ there

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well they talked the big show for years.

To bad if you missed it, it was quite the show.

Might have one more left in his career, doubt it, but I did watch what expect to be the one big show he had in him.

Kane is back, spinners need to get some.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bizarre start to the big game, Sri Lanka going at 7-8 an over for the first 10, but also lost 5 wickets

As I write this, Santner gets one more. Semi final should be a canter from here of rain doesnt arrive and it looks ok at the moment

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Bizarre start to the big game, Sri Lanka going at 7-8 an over for the first 10, but also lost 5 wickets

As I write this, Santner gets one more. Semi final should be a canter from here of rain doesnt arrive and it looks ok at the moment
Should pretty much lock up the semifinal spot tonight, if we bat the way we have all tournament we’ll likely reel them in in 25-30 overs and pump our NRR to where the Pakistanis won’t have a hope of overhauling it

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Should pretty much lock up the semifinal spot tonight, if we bat the way we have all tournament we’ll likely reel them in in 25-30 overs and pump our NRR to where the Pakistanis won’t have a hope of overhauling it
Think I read even if we only won by 1 run, Pakistan would have to chase whatever target inside 30 overs, that will only blow out from here

Loving this captaincy from Williamson, really aggressive field and foot on the throat rather than letting it drift

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Think I read even if we only won by 1 run, Pakistan would have to chase whatever target inside 30 overs, that will only blow out from here

Loving this captaincy from Williamson, really aggressive field and foot on the throat rather than letting it drift
Listening to the BBC radio commentary, they said that if this plays out the way it’s looking Pakistan will have to beat England by 250+, or cuase them down in 15-20…. so actually they’re probably still in with a chance 😂