What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One for the Hypocrites

BeenThere

Juniors
Well -- I am waiting . . . . . does a centre get a pasting? Or was it another grand final winning performance by the team? By the way, I don't blame the centre -- the system is f*cked and the system is owned by ????? C'mon Pogo, McSharkie, Ali, Sutho Spuds etc -- show yourselves for the true football morons you are.

mr_sharks

Juniors
BeenThere said:
Well -- I am waiting . . . . . does a centre get a pasting? Or was it another grand final winning performance by the team?

Well obviously it wasn't a GF winning performance - we didn't win and it was only a regular season match. In terms of Centres, Bailey went well IMO, but Scott got caught out a few times in defence and might be due to return to PL when Vagana comes back.

imasharkie

Coach
Yep Scotty went allright in the 1st half but his 2nd half was dreadful.

The centre combination should be Vagana and Pommeroy.

BeenThere

Juniors
imasharkie said:
Yep Scotty went allright in the 1st half
Disagree -- four missed tackles led to four long range Manly breaks. The only reason you didn't notice them was because Manly didn't score from any of them. (There was a penalty there too)

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Not good enough. Not enough close to being good enough. Resign before you are sacked. Why wait until @ Round 6? Pierce, Pierce, Raper. C YA LATER.

I don't blame the players. They are signed, trained, selected and instructed: if, in the end, they aren't up to it- who is to be questioned?

2 losses without ticker- They told us they were playing for a recently departed GREAT!

Why wait for the inevitable? It may sound like doom and gloom- I just think it is realistic. Resign. (Please prove me wrong! PLEASE!!)

Bris and Manly? How are we going to go against one of the top 6 or 7 SportsTAB favourites? I shudder to think.

Still my team though...always live in hope. It's just that I'm sick of dreaming- want to see something positive in reality!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
Scott was dreadful.

I yearn for Zeus. :(

No, Scott IS dreadful.

His poor discipline led to 2 tries directly where Manly scored next set after the penalties he gave away. Stupid penalties.

His standout defensive error was bad but to be expected as he's the latest in a long line that are set up to fail with a flawed system that hasn't been addressed.

BT his misses weren't missed by me. Especially the one in the first half where he again rushed out of the line for Menzies to set up a raid down the left. There was no need for that when we had them pinned in their 20.

He's also a niggly little sh*t who needs to get the crap out of his game before he costs us any more tries.

BeenThere

Juniors
PJ said:
Scott was very poor.

How's Ryan going ESL?
Well, seeing as you asked -- prior to the games this weekend, he is 3rd in try assists in SL, has scored 3 times himself getting raves for his defence and is having a ball. No doubt the hypocrites will now begin a bagging match, but what the f**kk

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Confirmed

Tigers_1.jpg

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
imasharkie said:
Yep Scotty went allright in the 1st half but his 2nd half was dreadful.

The centre combination should be Vagana and Pommeroy.

Yeah that's my centre combination too, when both players come back from injury.

PJ

First Grade
Not for me. I'm one who was very happy when he came back from Union but was not upset at all when he left.

Obviously has some talent but for mine could have put in more. I think I said it last year imo there was some attitude problems on his part to go along with poor coaching so seeing him leave for hopefully greener pastures was better for all involved. If he is having a ball in the Uk then I wish him all the best and hopefully he can kick on.

BeenThere

Juniors
PJ said:
I think I said it last year imo there was some attitude problems on his part to go along with poor coaching so seeing him leave for hopefully greener pastures was better for all involved.
The only attitude problem was Raper's. He didn't like being told his system was f*cked -- but time has shown that it is.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
PJ said:
Not for me. I'm one who was very happy when he came back from Union but was not upset at all when he left.

Obviously has some talent but for mine could have put in more. I think I said it last year imo there was some attitude problems on his part to go along with poor coaching so seeing him leave for hopefully greener pastures was better for all involved. If he is having a ball in the Uk then I wish him all the best and hopefully he can kick on.

Attitude problems my arse. Someone with attitude problems doesn't play a third of a season with a fractured jaw.

Ryan's had more one on one work with Matterson than he got at 3 years at the Sharks under Opes and Ropes. Add that to the fact he is now playing in position then of course he will excel.

Attitude problems pphhhttt

One of the nicest, level headed young men I have ever met. A victim of idiocy.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
His centre system at the very, very least is f*cked.
10 players with ability, all made to look silly.
Even Vagana, who had worse defensive stats than mcgoldy, changed which side he played to suit himself at the expense of mcgoldy, is made look silly.

chili pepper

Bench
I thought this thread was for the Inner Tube when I read the title ;-)

Obviously a trend is apparant with defensive problems in the centres.

I'm happy enough to bad, or praise, ANY player that wears our colours - unlike many (particularly high profile posters) here.

For the record I wrapped Zeus plenty of times, but he failed to deliver last year and not ALL of the blame can be attributed to Raper.

I've also praised Scott - he HAS played well for us but is still developing. If he plays shyt I will say so. I don't think a stint back in PL would be unwarranted if his performances are not up to scratch. It wont harm him and will probably help him become a good NRL centre.

Can't comment on his game tonight but he did numerous good and bad (namely penalties) things last week.

Zeus's perfomances in the English game barely justify any claims here that he should be an NRL centre. I'm glad he is doing well as he seemed like a great bloke from my brief introduction to him - but I just don't think he was quite up to NRL standard.

Obviously you will disagree BT but you have a very subjective view - as any good Dad would

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Wake up Chilli.

There is very little difference between scott & Goldy.
Both are committed professionals, unlike mellars.

Scott has been rank average in every single game for the Sharks. His ex St George coach knows it too.

Latest posts