What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One for the Red V purists

1st & 10

Juniors
Okay, watching the Tigers play themselves ? Two orange based jerseys. Are the knights taking the p$ss?

This jersey situation is a joke . Every game involves a mock up crap jersey

Coffs dragon

Bench
Talking of Jerseys, a bloke stated on radio 2SM talking sport, that so far in 2017 a total of 99 different jersey strips have been used by the 16 NRL clubs! I believe this includes the pre-season nines as well. How f.ckin ridiculous and such a piss poor cash grab.
Our club have the most famous and iconic look with the Big Red V on all white and they seem to under utilze it's power & pride.
I can't stand when our team run out in that bloody all raspberry cup cake look and design....personally it makes me sick!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dad and mum used to drive us out to the sand hills in the old FB ute.
My 2 brothers and the 2 dogs in the back with our sand ski's all waxed ready to go and of course we had the diamond shaped kites made from thin dowel sticks with string around the grooves cut in the end, covered with brown paper all glued with flour and water with mums oldest sheet torn into bits to make the tail.
We used to draw on the brown paper so you could see your kite and mine had a Big Red V.
The sand hills were so high back then you could see them from any decent high spot in the district and we could always fly our kites because we were well above the top of the power lines.
Ahh the memories OT

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Thanks kind of you to say so.
Life was very different then and the good part was there were 5 things I could always count on.
Mum, Dad, my 2 older brothers and of course the mighty Dragons.
Shame that it all went so quickly and I just hope the memories last a lifetime.
Like myself OT theres one thing about getting old, think about all the things weve seen and done....some good some not so....was telling someone the other day remember going to the SCG to watch our boys and my boss used to take two blocks of light plywood about 3 inches thick with a leather strap cut from an old belt across them and he used to place them under his shoes so he could get a better view of the game ......in those days everbody used to stand on the hill.....he reckoned he never missed any of the action from a great try by Eddie Lumsden, Johnny King or a head butt from Cliff Watson.....ahhh the memories

Old Timer

Coach
Like myself OT theres one thing about getting old, think about all the things weve seen and done....some good some not so....was telling someone the other day remember going to the SCG to watch our boys and my boss used to take two blocks of light plywood about 3 inches thick with a leather strap cut from an old belt across them and he used to place them under his shoes so he could get a better view of the game ......in those days everbody used to stand on the hill.....he reckoned he never missed any of the action from a great try by Eddie Lumsden, Johnny King or a head butt from Cliff Watson.....ahhh the memories
That was the great thing about steel beer cans, you could stand on them, 6 under each foot and bob's your uncle and a view over the top.