What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of the Sweetest Victories: Souths vs Tigers

Ziggy the God

First Grade
What a game, was sitting in the Ladies stand, and what can you say when you win like that !!!

What made it one of the sweetest victories for me was that I took my 4 year old boy to his first ever game, so imagine the memories he will have !!!

Chalk up another lifelong Rabbitoh (as if he had a choice, right).

Dave Q

Coach
Twas never in doubt.

Crocker is just beginning to feel the spirit.

Sweet revenge for 1969 but hey, who's counting.

When speaking of the champions, one stands above the rest.

Glory to Souths the pride of the league. Only one club can manage to wipe Matty Johns off the front pages and save the league.

The club were dreams come true, even if one is aged 4!!

glory glory

Juniors
Yes it was a heart stopper. Showed great spirit to come back in the last 20 minutes BUT the defence up the middle was terrible. It will have to be fixed before next Friday night or Parra will run through us. I hate to say it but Roy was one of the worst offenders.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Thanks Dave !

Hopefully we have a day game later in the season so that I can bring him up to the members. I will make sure that he meets all of the Souths faithful, like yourself.

GO BUNNIES !!!!

Dave Q

Coach
One club to rule them all Ziggy...even a young lad on the verge of league understanding.

What a great experience for him, a perfect choice for him that I cant see being equaled.

Theres Merrit, hes never kicked a feild goal in first grade. He probably doesnt know what one is. So he pots it over like he boots them every day of the week!

I had to laugh and I had to cry!

I hope the origin selectors are lapping that up.

My little 2 year old is raring to get up to the members for some beers with Charlie!

I rang Sugar straight after the win, all I heard was grunts and heavy breathing!!

South Sydney Marches On.

Dave Q

Coach
The mind boggles!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I could just make out the radio commentary in the background :D

Newk wouldnt have made it out of the KB yet.

He is expected home sometime later in the season.

It was an ugly win full of gore and gizzards, as rough as they come. heart attack, premature death stuff. We were not supposed to win.

But someone forgot to tell that to the lads.

We were courageous.

We put our bloody hands into the mouth of the tiger and wrenched out its heart!!

What a win. Oh happy day.

Commiserations Tiger fans, such is life....And you will keep paying for 1969 for the rest of your lives!!!

Last edited:

Engine

Juniors
I have not hurt this much over a loss in a long time. Games like this shape a season.

Im fearing for my boys already. I hate your boys, yet like them at the same time. Well done Souths.

Engine

Juniors
I just hate Cronulla fullstop, so you are a rung above them in my pecking order...lol.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Yes it was a heart stopper. Showed great spirit to come back in the last 20 minutes BUT the defence up the middle was terrible. It will have to be fixed before next Friday night or Parra will run through us. I hate to say it but Roy was one of the worst offenders.

I think the defence around the ruck was so poor because the Tigers were able to get such quick play-the-balls. Farah was having a field day.

That said, the Bunnies' line defence is more or less what won them the game (in conjunction with a couple of bombed Tiger tries).

Great game.

As an Eels fan, I don't think you have too much to worry about ... sadly.

murraymob

Coach
parra will not hurt you out of dummy half like the tigers can they have no farrah or anyone close

African Monkey

First Grade
That's right. Our ruck defence was terrible but it does show the character this team has to come back like that when we were down and out. It wasn't our best performance but yet we still won and tbh, we're not far off from finding our best form.

anthony barham

Juniors
Thank Graig Wing and Issac Luke , two of the best try saving tackles you will see. In Luke,s case one of the bravest tackles Ive seen. Like throwing yourself under the wheels of a mack truck.

Dave Q

Coach
Thank Graig Wing and Issac Luke , two of the best try saving tackles you will see. In Luke,s case one of the bravest tackles Ive seen. Like throwing yourself under the wheels of a mack truck.

Yes, you dont see tackles like this anymore.

He postioned his torso and legs up so as to stop any progress of the attacker at all. Extremely dangerous as an awkward fall may have snapped his spine or done other permanent and chronically painful damage.

Luke is an amazing player.

Its these things that all added up and won us the game. Lots of players put in.

How good was Crocker for example. Extraordinary debut game. Added so much.

Its a game of inches, an old cliche, but so true.

StormChaser

First Grade
I was lucky enough to be at this game and it was amazing! I haven't seen a crowd so animated since the GF last year.

(And yes, Storm fans were animated in a cryintoyourjerseyandconteplatesuicidekindaway)

Ike E Bear

Juniors
It felt like it was going to be one of those games as I watched it.

Dropped balls at crucial times, 40-20 from the opposition that kept the foot on the throat, no look flick passes that find ready and willing hands, and when the Tigers kicked the ball into the little pink target that scored them a repeat in the Bunnies' half ... it seemed like everything was going the Tigers' way (not in any unfair way, just in a celestial stars-are-aligned kind of way).

That was kind of dispelled when, after a few miracluous passes and some great running, the Tigers couldn't actually get the tries. They bombed more than either team scored, it seems.

It really was a great game.